Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

hands like feet

Senior List
Mar 29, 2010
in da house
AFL Club
Collingwood
Heard that too... Was that there were several of them. Surely the club stand up to what is going on. Several players pulled the pin due to not enjoying it and the toxic culture there....

Yeah strange that Munting and co would tolerate it.

if you follow the comments on the vigilante news page it would appear there is more to the folding of the women’s team than is let on too 😯 😯
He will be back at Richmond next season.

Phil49

Senior List
Apr 9, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
What did it say? Gilmour facing the boot?
Fight with coaches and players involved at the great Lakes. SFL have appointed a private investigator and the police are involved. No comment until thats done.

Surely, the club need to realise that the culture is ruining that club. They didn't win a game, get these people in, start winning but you've got hobart people like reeves and Charlton who don't want to stay there anymore because of how s**t it is.

Oct 5, 2004
Moving Around
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Avoca FNC, Ouyen Kangas FNC
Who are the players that the Hobart football club have lost? I haven’t seen laycock named for a while now?

There is a bit to the going ons at the Great Lakes Hotel so standby for more news about it. Wasn’t a good look for the individuals concerned and a number of relationships are well and truly over. Think the club will be making an announcement or two pretty soon. To say the Executive are not happy is an understatement. Things are really unravelling at the TCA ground after what looked to be promising early in the year. It does prove you cannot buy success and culture is very hard to change and ultimately underpins how a club performs on and off field.

frankfurt

Draftee
Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Fight with coaches and players involved at the great Lakes. SFL have appointed a private investigator and the police are involved. No comment until thats done.

Surely, the club need to realise that the culture is ruining that club. They didn't win a game, get these people in, start winning but you've got hobart people like reeves and Charlton who don't want to stay there anymore because of how sh*t it is.
Cmon Phil49 whoever your getting your mail off is telling lies.
I have very good contacts close to the FC and the reason Reeves & Charlton stopped playing is because Reeves has a season ending thumb injury and Charlton had personal issues! Sounds to me like once the club started getting injuries to there top players and they weren’t winning games it all got too hard for the both of them.

Gersman

Team Captain
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I have very good contacts close to the FC and the reason Reeves & Charlton stopped playing is because Reeves has a season ending thumb injury and Charlton had personal issues! Sounds to me like once the club started getting injuries to there top players and they weren’t winning games it all got too hard for the both of them.
Heard more than once it was a bit of a beatup that so called pub fight story - bit of an altercation between a couple of blokes but not the sort of free for all like what a few people are claiming.
Rumour is AFL Tas got told about the story the day after it happened and wanted nothing to do with it and only did a big backflip cos someone ran to the papers with it.
Story I got told about Laycock from one of his mates was suposedly his knee blew up like a football during the game up Oatlands awhile back and never come right.
On their FB page they have a newsletter thingo where they said they had about 24 out going into the last game so its not surprising their struggling a bit.
I was having a yarn to a Hobart supporter last year about womens footy and he was less than glowing about their team and womens footy in general and reckoned moat of the club didn't care for it all, could be a reason they don't have one anymore 🤷‍♂️

Phil49

Senior List
Apr 9, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong

Wrong.

Phil49

Senior List
Apr 9, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
While what you're saying is correct in part, they both have both of those issues... but I am talking about why they aren't going back and why they haven't been hanging around the club.

frankfurt

Draftee
Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
While what you're saying is correct in part, they both have both of those issues... but I am talking about why they aren't going back and why they haven't been hanging around the club.
Phil49 why do you think Reeves & Charlton have never had success as footballers over the last 10 years?
As Billy ocean sang “When the going gets tough the tough gets going” not in Reeves & Charltons case!

Phil49

Senior List
Apr 9, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Phil49 why do you think Reeves & Charlton have never had success as footballers over the last 10 years?
As Billy ocean sang “When the going gets tough the tough gets going” not in Reeves & Charltons case!

Think it's more to do with putrid culture in this instance. Both played prior at s**t clubs. Hobart have a good list, obvious that the culture is the issue.

frankfurt

Draftee
Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Think it's more to do with putrid culture in this instance. Both played prior at sh*t clubs. Hobart have a good list, obvious that the culture is the issue.
Phil49 so tell me what you think about this information I got from my close contact that knows what’s going on? Charlton demanded big dollars at the start of the season but only wanted to train once a week and play when it suited him and Reeves once injured chose getting on the piss on Friday nights and not showing up to support his teammates on a Saturday! That’s poor culture and that’s exactly why I feel they haven’t lasted under senior coach Alex Gilmour as he doesn’t put up with that type of commitment from his players.

jj15

All Australian
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Phil49 so tell me what you think about this information I got from my close contact that knows what’s going on? Charlton demanded big dollars at the start of the season but only wanted to train once a week and play when it suited him and Reeves once injured chose getting on the piss on Friday nights and not showing up to support his teammates on a Saturday! That’s poor culture and that’s exactly why I feel they haven’t lasted under senior coach Alex Gilmour as he doesn’t put up with that type of commitment from his players.
Charlton did play though right? So they must of agreed to those terms you are referencing? So it must of been acceptable to Gilmour at start of season? What’s wrong with an older player who has kids wanting to train once a week anyways, and he should get paid well he’s a proven TSL player which most in the SFL are not. Culture has nothing to do with success at lower levels, it’s who has the best players playing. Good players not injured= winning, people assume it’s good culture. Good players injured= Losing, people assume it’s bad culture.

jj15

All Australian
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
After walking out on the club having just re-signed for two years and taking a swag of players with him, surely Richmond would tell Gilmour to go forth and multiply if Hobart were to possibly show him the door and he wanted to return?
I’m hearing the same rumour, back to Richmond.

Phil49

Senior List
Apr 9, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Anyone seen Duff TVs Facebook post?

A high profile TSL player has been offered lots of money to go to an SFL club ... wonder who it could be ... I've sent out a few messages to see if I can find out but am yet to hear anything...

popsikle99

Team Captain
Feb 29, 2016
Aus
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone seen Duff TVs Facebook post?

A high profile TSL player has been offered lots of money to go to an SFL club ... wonder who it could be ... I've sent out a few messages to see if I can find out but am yet to hear anything...

Wonder if the club is Hobart?

Back