Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah Brighton should be ok, doubt they'll be premiership or finals contenders or anything like that but they should be able to field teams at least.
Not heard a peep outta Dodges or Hobart at all šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I reckon Hobart will back there youth in

Turmoil at Glenorchy womanā€™s both their premiership coach and assistant coach have resigned some at club I hear donā€™t want them there unbelievable!

Reports that Jason Laycock is set for a return to Hobart F.C. after a disappointing stint last time around plagued by injury.
Apparently he feels like he let the club down due to lack of fitness and desire during the season and wants to make amends. His words were that he feels guilty for taking the money and not offering much in return during his time there, so feels he owes it to them to play the upcoming season for free.

Reports that Jason Laycock is set for a return to Hobart F.C. after a disappointing stint last time around plagued by injury.
Apparently he feels like he let the club down due to lack of fitness and desire during the season and wants to make amends. His words were that he feels guilty for taking the money and not offering much in return during his time there, so feels he owes it to them to play the upcoming season for free.
Didnā€™t he sign for somewhere up North?

Yeah thereā€™s about zero chance of this happening.

He was in great nick in the games he played and only failed to return because of how he was treated (or lack of concern) from the club.

Owes them absolutely nothing and I doubt he would worry about ā€œfeeling guiltyā€ as clubs pay what they pay and I reckon you would know what you were getting with a ruckman that retired 4 years earlier.

That said your posts about Lamb coaching Claremont and Cygnet choking werenā€™t far off the mark šŸ˜‚šŸ™„

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was in great nick in the games he played and only failed to return because of how he was treated (or lack of concern) from the club.

Owes them absolutely nothing and I doubt he would worry about ā€œfeeling guiltyā€ as clubs pay what they pay and I reckon you would know what you were getting with a ruckman that retired 4 years earlier.

That said your posts about Lamb coaching Claremont and Cygnet choking werenā€™t far off the mark šŸ˜‚šŸ™„
Mr Incredible aka Jason Laycock himself šŸ¤«

Marty Alison back to claremont.

Claremont going to be improvers. Could they play finals? They've picked up some quality players and it seems some other teams have been quiet

Well you can lock in Cygnet, Huonville and Lindisfarne. That leaves 2 others. Hobart, no chance based on their departures. Brighton, doubtful, but sounds like some decent recruits. Sorell, recruited Jason Bailey and a couple of others. New Norfolk. Havenā€™t hard much, likewise Dodges Ferry

Yeah, nah, not happening.

Wouldn't exactly say he was in "great nick".
That said, he was about 37 at the time and hadn't played a competitive match in 3Ā½ years either.
Think the coaching staff were hoping to maybe get a maximum of ten games including finals out of him until he injured himself in pre-season training, that was later dropped to maybe six games and finals.
I had a conversation with him one day and he told me that the hardness of the TCA Ground in the first few home games had taken quite a toll on his knees and that he was struggling a fair bit.
I watched his final game against Brighton up at Oatlands and he could hardly raise a gallop by quarter time. Later on in the game his knee blew up like one of those old plastic footballs we used to kick back in the 70s and that was the last he was seen at the club.
Not sure where you get off saying that the club showed no concern for him given that they bent over backwards to accomodate him and allowed him to pick and choose what games he wanted to play in given how long he'd been out of the game for.
Maybe signing closer to home with South Burnie things might change a bit. Still a very, very skillful player even at 50% fit.

Wonder if Barwick will go back too?
It hasnā€™t taken long for the wheels to start falling off at the Claremont FC, Heard from a good source this week that one of there recruits Ashton Arnold has already departed the club after only signing 4 weeks ago.
Another thing I have been told from a good source is that several of there new recruits are contracted at there previous clubs for season 2022 and will more than likely have to sit the year out if the clubs donā€™t come to an agreement.
Sounds like the rabble it was this year isnā€™t getting any better.

If its not Laycock, you seem to know a fair bit about how unfairly treated he was and the lack of concern shown by Hobart for just a neutral supporter. šŸ¤”

If its not Laycock, you seem to know a fair bit about how unfairly treated he was and the lack of concern shown by Hobart for just a neutral supporter. šŸ¤”
PR exercise for South Burnie in signing him up in order to try and entice other recruits into joining the Hawks. Won't play a game in 2022 is the very strong mail I'm hearing šŸ‘šŸ»
It hasnā€™t taken long for the wheels to start falling off at the Claremont FC, Heard from a good source this week that one of there recruits Ashton Arnold has already departed the club after only signing 4 weeks ago.
Another thing I have been told from a good source is that several of there new recruits are contracted at there previous clubs for season 2022 and will more than likely have to sit the year out if the clubs donā€™t come to an agreement.
That's 100% correct re: contracted players.
I do know that the ones that left Hobart for varying reasons are still under contract at Hobart (not sure about any they recruited by other clubs) and there will have to be negotiations take place, not just with Claremont either, for those players to be playing in 2022.

How ironic. Hobart holding players to contracts after raiding poor Richmond almost to death.
Leopards donā€™t change their spots and these players will just do it again and again.
Clubs are so desperate for players though that the types of players that jump from team to team will continue to prosper.

How ironic. Hobart holding players to contracts after raiding poor Richmond almost to death.
Leopards donā€™t change their spots and these players will just do it again and again.
Clubs are so desperate for players though that the types of players that jump from team to team will continue to prosper.
Richmond deciding not to field sides in the 2020 Old Scholars Football Association Season due to Covid when all other clubs did is what sent them down the path they're in now.
Hobart got five or six from Richmond originally when they followed Gilmour across when he signed up as senior coach but what about the rest of the players they had? You can't tell me they all suddenly just quit playing because the coach moved on?
The reason others came over was purely because of that reason above - the club went into recess - and they lost most of their players elsewhere.
I believe that was why they received so much criticism over the move from within Old Scholars Association ranks at the time.
What it DOES say is that the idea of contracts within football in the South (no idea on up North) seem to be not worth the paper they're printed on with respect to dollar chasing players hopping from one club to another, to another.
Has been a recurring theme for a number of years now, across the board.
I believe Hobart weren't all that impressed with the committment (or lack of) most of those who left showed in any case so, whilst it would seem a tough break to lose them, it could actually be a blessing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back