Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can assure you it was a one off. Mercury even got behind it with some quotes from Windy to build it up as if NN were coming to town with their best side. Half of NN didn't start pre-season until March back then. Lauderdale had plenty of senior players out there as well as some 2s.

I think if both teams played each other during the season Lauderdale would win comfortably but it wouldn't be some massacre. Both of us are biased in that regard I would imagine.

Heard it all at the time mate, it would have been 100+ without a shadow of doubt, you just said New Norfolk players didn’t train, would never have kept up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bellchambers from Lauderdale played in the praccy for Lindisfarne against North last week.
Is he playing there?
Strange that they haven’t announced him yet if so, surely they are in strife with points and cap already with out him 😯

Bellchambers from Lauderdale played in the praccy for Lindisfarne against North last week.
Is he playing there?
Strange that they haven’t announced him yet if so, surely they are in strife with points and cap already with out him

Spoke to a close friend at lindisfarne, he’s training with them but doing FIFO with the same country team from Vic as last year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Spoke to a close friend at lindisfarne, he’s training with them but doing FIFO with the same country team from Vic as last year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Ah that makes sense

If they had managed to lure him you would think they would absolutely announce it

I think the leagues are banking on postponed games due to Covid hence a few byes than usual scattered about
True, although the SFL's been getting shorter for years. The year before Covid struck, we only played 15 games that year.
Colts roster hasn't been finalised yet, I see New Norfolk are still trying hard to get a team together.
They've got a coach and several players but need more going by what I'm hearing.
Sorell were in the same boat awhile back, haven't heard if they've got a full team or not though.
Claremont and Hobart definitely won't be putting teams in this year.

True, although the SFL's been getting shorter for years. The year before Covid struck, we only played 15 games that year.
Colts roster hasn't been finalised yet, I see New Norfolk are still trying hard to get a team together.
They've got a coach and several players but need more going by what I'm hearing.
Sorell were in the same boat awhile back, haven't heard if they've got a full team or not though.
Claremont and Hobart definitely won't be putting teams in this year.

Yeah it is has been a trend.

Interesting to note how early wickets are prepared now (often late August) when TCA cricket often goes to last play the last weekend in March.

Seems to be 7 months cricket 5 months footy!

Yeah it is has been a trend.

Interesting to note how early wickets are prepared now (often late August) when TCA cricket often goes to last play the last weekend in March.

Seems to be 7 months cricket 5 months footy!
Yes absolutely right re: cricket.
As an example, Hobart, if they qualified for finals, would only be able to host a final in the first week (ie: Elimination Final/Qualifying Final) at the TCA.
If they went further they would have to seek an alternate ground to host a match at due to the cricket club wanting to prepare pitches.
Totally unsuitable.
The club hasn't hosted a final at the ground for 14 years in any case, but back in the late 90s/early 2000s they were able to host right through to the Preliminary Final and play pre–season games on it if they wanted (not to mention paid a hell of a lot less for ground rental too).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back