Southern Football League (Vic) Division 3 Seniors & Reserves 2015

2015 Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Because they all need to be entered (not handwritten) into the team sheet that is handed to the umpires during a game, so their details need to be entered into Sportingpulse just like a player does.

That is the most ridiculous post ever. Get up to speed and understand the discussion Dannerz. We are talking about a trainer putting in a player transfer. So you are saying every team official from coach, trainer, team manager is registered with SFL and If they end up somewhere else need to put in a player transfer and clearance. Oh please. If that's the case then where is M Rossborough transfer.? Silly post

Last edited:
Because they all need to be entered (not handwritten) into the team sheet that is handed to the umpires during a game, so their details need to be entered into Sportingpulse just like a player does.

That’s not actually correct. There is a specific area on the team sheet to enter club officials (trainers, team managers etc) and they can be ‘rolled over’ or adjusted week to week.

While a club can choose to have people beyond players listed on the Sporting Pulse members list (such as those listed above) it is only those recorded as ‘active players’ that can be populated onto the team sheet and require a clearance.

There is no requirement to clear anyone other that a player and I agree with the others – it is nonsense to have to waste time processing clearances requests in these circumstances.

That is the most ridiculous post ever. Get up to speed and understand the discussion Dannerz. We are talking about a trainer putting in a player transfer. So you are saying every team official from coach, trainer, team manager is registered with SFL and If they end up somewhere else need to put in a player transfer and clearance. Oh please. If that's the case then where is M Rossborough transfer.? Silly post
You've clearly never had any admin role at your club, have you?
The SFL wants all personnel involved on game day registered on Sportingpulse.
And perhaps take a closer look at the clearances and you might see a clearance for the coach.
Maybe it's you that should needs to get up to speed and understand what we are talking about.

Blah blah, sorry for quoting the ACTUAL policy of the SFL

How about you read the rule again before running your mouth off. It doesn't actually say you CAN'T transfer more then 5 players, it just says any more then 5 requires approval from both clubs and the CEO.

No more than 5 players will be permitted to be transferred from one affiliated Club to another affiliated club within the League, unless both clubs that are involved in the transfer are in agreement that more than 5 players are to be transferred. When both clubs have agreed that more than 5 players can be transferred, such transfers that exceed the allowable 5 players will have to be approved by the SFL League CEO.

When you put in a transfer, the receiving club automatically agrees to the transfer, its up to the relinquishing club to then agree to the transfer. When you get up to your 6th transfer you will get an email from Matt Duck asking if its all good...thats it, thats how the rule works in reality.

As for team sheets, you can assign official roles (coach etc) to registered members of your club on sportingpulse, or you can just add them as officials manually. Then when you go to prepare your team sheet each official has a drop down box you can use to select an official or you can just type it in manually. You don't have to transfer them, but i think if you want to do the drop down box method and not have to type them in manually every week they have to be transferred in, not 100% on that one.

And perhaps take a closer look at the clearances and you might see a clearance for the coach.
Maybe it's you that should needs to get up to speed and understand what we are talking about.

Well clearly I have and just as clearly I seem to know a lot more about this than you.

As per my previous post a club can list anyone on their ‘active members’ list on Sporting Pulse if they want to but it is only the ‘active players’ that get populated into that section of the team sheet. Others, such as your 60 years trainer mate, are recorded in a separate section on the team sheet. While the SFL may want clubs to record this on Sporting Pulse (and while I have never heard of this direction I don’t dispute what you say) there is no compulsion to do. If you know anything at all about this system you would understand the challenges clubs have to comply with the annual self re-registration process for players, let alone worry about re-registering officials in other categories.

If these people are recorded within a clubs members list and want to be cleared then so be it but very few would bother. I can guarantee that hardly any of the 100s of coaches and other officials who have changed clubs across the various football competitions in the off season would be listed on the Sporting Pulse clearance section.

I don’t intend to make this into a slanging match but obviously I don’t “need to get up to speed” as you suggest as I have a good understanding of the system and have spent many years in club administration roles.

Umm no it's for Mitchell Rossborough (the 2 are for him) . You are Just embarrassing yourself now even turbo stated in an earlier post. Please read before posting

Also there is a little clue at the top of the clearance list. it says 'Players Name'. Not coaches, trainers, team managers name but just 'Players Name'

Happy Easter

Last edited:
How about you read the rule again before running your mouth off. It doesn't actually say you CAN'T transfer more then 5 players, it just says any more then 5 requires approval from both clubs and the CEO.

No more than 5 players will be permitted to be transferred from one affiliated Club to another affiliated club within the League, unless both clubs that are involved in the transfer are in agreement that more than 5 players are to be transferred. When both clubs have agreed that more than 5 players can be transferred, such transfers that exceed the allowable 5 players will have to be approved by the SFL League CEO.

When you put in a transfer, the receiving club automatically agrees to the transfer, its up to the relinquishing club to then agree to the transfer. When you get up to your 6th transfer you will get an email from Matt Duck asking if its all good...thats it, thats how the rule works in reality.

As for team sheets, you can assign official roles (coach etc) to registered members of your club on sportingpulse, or you can just add them as officials manually. Then when you go to prepare your team sheet each official has a drop down box you can use to select an official or you can just type it in manually. You don't have to transfer them, but i think if you want to do the drop down box method and not have to type them in manually every week they have to be transferred in, not 100% on that one.

How about reading my posts again, I have never stated 5 or 6 or whatever. Melways queried the rule and all I did was posted it on here.

I don't care how many both clubs want to transfer I can't believe 60 yo trainers want to put their name up as a player transfer

Genuine waste of valuable time reading all that garbage above. At the end of the day, Round 1 begins next Saturday and I couldn't be much more excited about Div 3 this year.

I've taken a stab and here are my tips for round 1:

Lyndale v Dandenong
Will be a cracking match. Toss a coin. Think Dandenong...just.

Endeavour Hills v Sandown
Every season EH allegedly "pick up some guns"...but they never do. Sandown have lost a lot, yes, but I still think they'll have EH's measure.

Ashwood v Mount Waverley
Will be a blowout. Next.

Black Rock v South Yarra
The battle of the teams flying under the radar. No idea about either, just going off last season's form (from what I saw)

CPL v Hallam
Hallam the unknown for me. Could compete. Could not. CPL will be up there again in 2015...

Moorabbin v Southern Dragons
Div 3 newbies. Don't know much about the SD or Moorabbin...So I flipped a coin.

Umm no it's for Mitchell Rossborough (the 2 are for him) . You are Just embarrassing yourself now even turbo stated in an earlier post. Please read before posting

Look at this clown. Go and read the SFL clearances page very carefully because you are making yourself look like a right fool.
The clearance is for MICHAEL Rossborough.

I'll take a run at round 1.

LYNDALE vs Dandenong
I expect Lyndale to win this quite easily. Both have lost quality, but the Pumas have gone someway to replacing it. Will be a long year for Dandy. Lyndale by 80+.

Endeavour Hills vs SANDOWN
Quiet observer hit the nail on the head above. Always heaps of talk of EH offering up coin to players, and picking up jets, but it never materialises. Sandown have lost most of their senior side, but will be too strong for the Falcons. Sandown by 45.

ASHWOOD vs Mount Waverley
I think this will be closer than most people expect. Ashwood have picked up 5-6 quality div 3 players and haven't lost many, but it will take time to gel as a unit. Mount have lost quite a lot thanks to some supporters that can't hold their booze, and I expect their days of threatening for the flag are just about done. Still a fair bit of quality there be not sure where the goals will come from. Ashwood by 30.

BLACK ROCK vs South Yarra
A tough one to tip as there hasn't been a lot of talk from these 2 sides over summer. I think Black Rock are a genuine flag challenger and should be too strong but South Yarra could spring a surprise. Black Rock by 27.

CPL vs Hallam
Carrum have lost a few but also picked up some quality replacements. Should be starting the season as flag favourites, and will be too strong for a Hallam side that hasn't really made much progress since it came into the SFL. CPL by 80+.

MOORABBIN vs Southern Dragons
Probably the toughest to pick of all the games with no exposure to either. The Dragons have always been disciplined and hard running, but I'd expect Moorabbin to be too good for them here. Moorabbin by 8.

My ladder at the end of the year looks something like this.

CPL
Black Rock
Ashwood
Mount Waverley
Moorabbin
--------------------------
South Yarra
Lyndale
Southern Dragons
Sandown
Hallam
Endeavour Hills
Dandenong

Look at this clown. Go and read the SFL clearances page very carefully because you are making yourself look like a right fool.
The clearance is for MICHAEL Rossborough.
And that's what we are saying goose, how many games will this PLAYER and his 60yo trainer play?

If you were feeling vindictive the club in question could of approved the trainer, coach, assistant, bottle washer until they got to 5 leaving the players high and dry!

Been a few years out of div 3 so still not up to speed of each team other than ashwood who we played last week, but will have a go at the tips for round 1.

LYNDALE v Dandenong-

I've seen that both read and stewart have left Lyndale, both massive losses, from what I remember were standouts for lyndale when we played against them. Dandenong have been on the decline the last few years and believe this will be another tough year for them.

Endeavour Hills v SANDOWN

Don't know much about endeavour hills they were new in division 3 when we played against them so not too sure how much they've improved since. Although sandown have had some massive outs in toan, Menzies and chapman they have seemed to do some recruiting of their own from chelsea heights and also the peninsula league. Too strong for falcons here.

ASHWOOD v Mt Waverley

Obviously Mt Waverley have a had a tough few months following the grand final last year, gough will be a massive loss for them this year and they will have to flip their game plan around to find new avenues to goal. I don't know too much about the other players they have lost, but one was a league bnf which obviously means can play and heard they have lost other quality players. Ashwood quite polished had a few players out against us last week but the standouts for them would be sandown recruits toan and chapman, also full forward was handy and another player not sure of name if anybody can clarify but was a big boy who opened up packs and had a big kick on him think number 27 maybe.

BLACk ROCK v South Yarra-

Black rock made finals last year and South Yarra have shown some improvement since we were in div 3. Going on previous posts I'll just say black rock here as they have been put up as potential flag winners.

CPL v Hallam-

Haven't seen CPL play yet but know they have a few handy players in their team who've played higher standard football, looking forward to playing against these boys later in the year. They have been clearly backed as favourites for the year and unfortunately for Hallam I think they may have a tough day out here. A very new club still and are yet to make their stamp in div 3 but hopefully that changes for them this year and they gather up some wins.

MOORABBIN v Dragons

Not sure how many players are still left from their sfl team from a few years ago but had some talented players, yap and machine were the two standouts. After a very tough year last year in div 2 struggling for numbers most weeks and having a big loss of players, we have worked hard to turn it around and have had quite a few players return to the club along with some new boys who have shown a bit in pre season and also seen massive improvements in some of our younger players and hopefully this year can be a lot more enjoyable than the last. Can't wait for next week good luck for the year to all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched Endeavour Hills 3 weeks back playing last years WRFL semi finalist Glenorden and they looked good winning by 7 points. Don't underestimate them as they have a bunch of very handy midfielders and a few old heads in there forward line that can cause havoc

Genuine waste of valuable time reading all that garbage above. At the end of the day, Round 1 begins next Saturday and I couldn't be much more excited about Div 3 this year.

I've taken a stab and here are my tips for round 1:

Lyndale v Dandenong
Will be a cracking match. Toss a coin. Think Dandenong...just.

Endeavour Hills v Sandown
Every season EH allegedly "pick up some guns"...but they never do. Sandown have lost a lot, yes, but I still think they'll have EH's measure.

Ashwood v Mount Waverley
Will be a blowout. Next.

Black Rock v South Yarra
The battle of the teams flying under the radar. No idea about either, just going off last season's form (from what I saw)

CPL v Hallam
Hallam the unknown for me. Could compete. Could not. CPL will be up there again in 2015...

Moorabbin v Southern Dragons
Div 3 newbies. Don't know much about the SD or Moorabbin...So I flipped a coin.

yes Moorabbin will kick ass in div 3 with a lot off 2012 prem players back plus some good new players

I'll join in and have a crack.
Winners are:
Lyndale by 4 goals
Sandown by 6 goals
Mount by 10 points
Black Rock by 4 goals
CPL by 14 goals
Dragons by 5 goals.

Might wanna actually have a look at those transfers mate...

Doug West is a 60 yr old who was the head trainer, at Sandown never played a game.

Nadine Bommert was also a trainer and SHE played netball with the club

Johnny Andrinopoulos, was an assistant coach and hasn't played footy for about 5 years.

Michael Rossborough is a non playing coach and hasn't played footy for years.

Half the transfers never played footy for Sandown and we're apart of the football department and wanted no association with the club anymore due to their own dealings with the club.

There are some fantastic people at Sandown, Lew short, the tillers, dettmans etc. But a lot of stuff went down and people needed a new / fresh start
Daniel with all due respect, you are now the coach of the Doveton Football Club, it might pay to jump off the forums. Do you think its appropriate that you keep airing your views about your former club? and making it sound a lot worse than what it was. Any club is bigger than individuals who don't really care about the club, and in your case you only played at Sandown because of the coach as did others. As soon as the coach leaves, you and others turned bitter. You were happy to take the money for 4 years. The only thing that went down was that after 4 years quite a few people thought a coaching change was needed after a 2nd straight sets exit in 4 years. Everyone should apologise should they for having a different opinion?

A lot of people influenced people very unfairly to turn against the club and the hard work done over the last 4 years under the leadership of Brett Phillips and if it wasn't for him the club would not be where it is today with new facilities, new lights, a junior pathway partnership, club expansion and a lot of time spent building key stakeholder relationships that has and will continue in 2015 to set the club up long term financially. He doesn't need me to go into bat for him, but your blind loyalty to a former coach only allows you to have a very narrow view.

People decided to take it personally and didn't really have their heart in the club and then splits to Ashwood, Doveton and Cranbourne. This so called tight senior team went in all different directions and paints the club as the villan because of what? Hopefully in your new role you will get a real appreciation of what it takes to run a football club off field and the sort of culture that is needed. You as a coach will not be at Doveton forever, so make sure you impart to your guys about the club and loyalty and build a list who love the club and want to stay with regardless of who is coach. That is what makes successful clubs sustainable.

Sandown is still here with 3 teams once again and will enter its 53 year year and yes has some fine loyal people who love the club who have been around for a long time. Unfortunately the Senior players who left didn't want to stick together and have another crack at winning a premiership.

Daniel with all due respect, you are now the coach of the Doveton Football Club, it might pay to jump off the forums. Do you think its appropriate that you keep airing your views about your former club? and making it sound a lot worse than what it was. Any club is bigger than individuals who don't really care about the club, and in your case you only played at Sandown because of the coach as did others. As soon as the coach leaves, you and others turned bitter. You were happy to take the money for 4 years. The only thing that went down was that after 4 years quite a few people thought a coaching change was needed after a 2nd straight sets exit in 4 years. Everyone should apologise should they for having a different opinion?

A lot of people influenced people very unfairly to turn against the club and the hard work done over the last 4 years under the leadership of Brett Phillips and if it wasn't for him the club would not be where it is today with new facilities, new lights, a junior pathway partnership, club expansion and a lot of time spent building key stakeholder relationships that has and will continue in 2015 to set the club up long term financially. He doesn't need me to go into bat for him, but your blind loyalty to a former coach only allows you to have a very narrow view.

People decided to take it personally and didn't really have their heart in the club and then splits to Ashwood, Doveton and Cranbourne. This so called tight senior team went in all different directions and paints the club as the villan because of what? Hopefully in your new role you will get a real appreciation of what it takes to run a football club off field and the sort of culture that is needed. You as a coach will not be at Doveton forever, so make sure you impart to your guys about the club and loyalty and build a list who love the club and want to stay with regardless of who is coach. That is what makes successful clubs sustainable.

Sandown is still here with 3 teams once again and will enter its 53 year year and yes has some fine loyal people who love the club who have been around for a long time. Unfortunately the Senior players who left didn't want to stick together and have another crack at winning a premiership.
Well said inside word

PM me who you are or I can send you my number if you want to discuss anything further.
I stated earlier that I was leaving the club for a new challenge and those in the the know, knew I wouldn't be at the club after last year. This was no secret and I had told BP that at the presentation night before the whole coaching change.
BP has done some amazing things off field without a doubt and have also stated this.
I will always have good memories of Sandown and there is no biterness from my end. This is a public forum and I'm just expressing my views the same way you are mate.
As I said, more then welcome to contact me and discuss further.

With all due respect Daniel IS NOT the coach of Doveton Football Club. Not in 2015...not in 2016....not ever. They wouldn't even know who he is. He coaches Doveton EAGLES, sorry, but I had to clear it up again.

Round 1 is here my tips (for what it's worth)

Lyndale v DANDENONG
Two clubs on the re-build after getting raided by the almighty $. Felt as though Dandy were getting it together toward the end of last year, but Lyndale did make the finals. If I didn't play for Dandy, I'd tip Lyndale but I do, so Dandy by 17

E HILLS v Sandown
The bolter will be E Hills. Word and sight tell me they have recruited very well and I see they don't have a thirds so they will have 6-7 ready made senior players. Coached well and will make finals. Sandown like Dandy and Lyndale are in the re-build mode. E Hills by 58

B Rock v S Yarra
S Yarra always unknown. Always competitive, B Rock were great last year and made finals. Rockers are young and I expect progression from these guys, McNamara is a big loss for S Yarra. B Rock by 34

ASHWOOD V Mt Waverely
Anything less than a GF for Ashwood is a fail. Recruited the cream from a finalist and were thereabouts last year. Always physically tough and coached by Rossborough says they'll be tougher. Mt we all know won't be the same and can only blame themselves. In addition to last years GF and no thirds says there's issues. Also with Barry Wood 'coaching' the reserves says there will be no pressure from reserve players. Ashwood by 69

CPL v Hallam
CPLs to lose to Ashwood. Lost minimal and gained a few. Had a bad half in last years GF which leaves a bad taste. Always a good side. Hallam also lost heaps but if you finish on the bottom, it doesn't say you had lots to lose in the first place. Depends on the replacements, don't have to be great to improve but not this week. First 100+ of the year. CPL by 123

MOOR v Dragons
Don't let a bad year in Div 2 fool you. These guys will be more than competitive. Dragons aren't the same as when they left and are on par with Mt which isn't great, but will have a few wins, but not here. Moor by 44

I don't know Turbo at all, apart from playing against him with his personalised boots which he copped flack for (which takes in good fun) and also from reading his posts, which for the most are spot on but then again we all have a differing opinion. But how can you put him in the same basket as those who have left Sandown? He obviously loved the coach, perhaps more than the club. However he has left the club AND division. He has gone off to coach. He hasn't gone to play against Sandown. He has gone to be his own man and still has a soft spot for Sandown that's why he still has something to say. Give the guy some slack. The club made their decision regarding the coach and the players followed suit....
Also, how can you claim 53 years? Weren't you Sth Waverley / Sandown? Didn't you fold and become Sandown about 10 years ago???

Dandy to beat lyndale. 5 goals plus

Black rock to beat sthyarra. 5 goals plus aswell

Falcs by 4 goals over sandown

Ashwood by a couple over mount

cpl by a heap over hallam

Moorabin to beat the dragons by 10 points.

Back