VFLW Southern Saints - 2021 VFLW Season

Remove this Banner Ad

A few AFLW Saints listed to play. Does anyone know why the rest of our Saints women aren't playing here, like Patrikios, Smith, Matin, G etc?

Instead of losing a player in defence and attack we've lost the two wings. Is this how it works in the VFLW?

1617948881981.png

Southern Saints (with 9 St Kilda AFLW players in) play Port Melbourne at North Port Oval this afternoon (Free entry via online ticket at Port Melburne's website).

Bounce down is 2pm, with radio coverage on WARFRadio.com (and 89.1FM at the ground) from 1pm.

There *might* also be a stream on the VFLW Youtube page (closer to 2pm).

Southern Saints (with 9 St Kilda AFLW players in) play Port Melbourne at North Port Oval this afternoon (Free entry via online ticket at Port Melburne's website).

Bounce down is 2pm, with radio coverage on WARFRadio.com (and 89.1FM at the ground) from 1pm.

There *might* also be a stream on the VFLW Youtube page (closer to 2pm).

CrowdedHouse is there a limit on AFLW players playing VFLW? Like why isn't Patrikios and Smith playing?

Do most of the AFLW team play for Southern Saints?
Would be good if they did as our connection wasnt great this year.

I haven't been able to find an answer. It seems any AFLW can play for Southern Saints, up to 10 at a time. I'm guessing that those big names either had post season surgery, or just rested for weeks until last week, or the staff want to get more looks at the youth coming through. Shame they lost in a close one. But I'm all for pumping as many games as possible into them, as you said the connection wasn't the best and just overall improvement required.

Don't have the Youtube link yet, but I believe the Saints (7th) game against Carlton (8th) will be video streamed on Sunday (from about 11am).

Nonetheless, there will be a radio call at least from 10am via WARFRadio.com

Game at IKON Park, but no crowd (due to current covid rules).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't have the Youtube link yet, but I believe the Saints (7th) game against Carlton (8th) will be video streamed on Sunday (from about 11am).

Nonetheless, there will be a radio call at least from 10am via WARFRadio.com

Game at IKON Park, but no crowd (due to current covid rules).

Huge win for the girls on the weekend.

If we beat North Melbourne in the final round on Sunday we will qualify for the finals series.

Current ladder:

Fixture for the final round:

The Saints game against the Roos will be live on Sunday from 11am (with pre-game) on WARFRadio.com and most likely via Youtube from 12pm.

If the Dogs beat Casey on Saturday, then the Saints must beat North to make the finals.

If the Dogs lose, the Saints can lose and still make it, unless either North flog them by 20 goals (virtually impossible), or the long-shot, but possible scenario that the Saints lose by 3 or 4 goals to North, and the Blues (8th) smash (11th) Williamstown by around 12 goals or so. What's probably not fair is that the Carlton game starts an hour later, so if the Saints lost, the Blues would know at Half-Time exactly home much they need to beat a struggling Williamstown by.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back