Southern Sydney expansion team

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact they have a mega rich Chinese backer means it'll probably get up, but it'd be to the detriment of the league.

Wollongong Wolves would be justifiably pissed off if this bid got up ahead of them.

There has also been some talk Red Bull are looking to join the league as well.

I think the A-League definitely needs to be more/completely independent of the FFA for it to flourish further.

Given their closeness to the game locally, I am a bit surprised by both Les and Craig being involved with another Sydney team bid. Surely it's in the best interests of the code to look at areas without existing teams?

Wollongong Wolves would be justifiably pissed off if this bid got up ahead of them.

I think the proposed team would play a handful of matches in Wollongong too - not sure how keen the locals would be to get behind a team that isn't their own.

I can see it being a disaster. The catchment area that they're gunning for is too large for a single team to manage, particularly when clubs like the Wolves are well established.

Either way Foxtel will dictate where the clubs go, so we could well see it as a possibility.

I think the proposed team would play a handful of matches in Wollongong too - not sure how keen the locals would be to get behind a team that isn't their own.

stgeorge_1999.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back