SouthPort Sharks???

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont understand the Southport Sharks.......why don't they apply for a license with the SANFL, create a team called the Gold Coast Sharks which would not be as expensive as an AFL license and could really test Aussie Rules support in the Gold Coast region. If it fails, it would not be as embarrassing as a failure from AFL level.

Also, play games at Carrara which will continue to hopefully put more money into the ground to eventually build new stands etc... with the Kangas also playing there.

I dont understand the Southport Sharks.......why don't they apply for a license with the SANFL, create a team called the Gold Coast Sharks which would not be as expensive as an AFL license and could really test Aussie Rules support in the Gold Coast region. If it fails, it would not be as embarrassing as a failure from AFL level.

Also, play games at Carrara which will continue to hopefully put more money into the ground to eventually build new stands etc... with the Kangas also playing there.

SANFL would never agree to this IMO. Logistically this would be very tough for all clubs and stretch some budgets I would think.

Can someone tell me if beau Tanton, Jake Dennis or Jason Burge still play at Southport? These were all good footballers back in juniors, just wondering if they may be playing seniors?

Not sure whether SANFL would go for it. Would think that the VFL would be the better option especially since they have a Tasmanian side also.

The only thing about applying to the VFL would be that then the Brisbane Lions would have their reserves side in the local comp with another Queenland side in the VFL wouldn't look too good for them.

No possibility of this happening - more likely that SANFL will once agin test the possibility of a Darwin/ NT team entering the competition, something that has been raised many times over the years.

Southport are taking a keen interest in the Nth Melbourne experiment in playing games on the Gold Coast. There is a fair bit of money involved in the experiment from the Sharks and more available is things go well.

No possibility of this happening - more likely that SANFL will once agin test the possibility of a Darwin/ NT team entering the competition, something that has been raised many times over the years.

Southport are taking a keen interest in the Nth Melbourne experiment in playing games on the Gold Coast. There is a fair bit of money involved in the experiment from the Sharks and more available is things go well.

Don't think Southport would be happy now that Nrth Melbourne has aligned themselves with Broadbeach. http://www.aflq.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=113454

Can someone tell me if beau Tanton, Jake Dennis or Jason Burge still play at Southport? These were all good footballers back in juniors, just wondering if they may be playing seniors?
To Truebluroo, Jake Dennis and Jason Burge both played seniors for Sharks this year and their profiles are featured on the Sharks website.

To Truebluroo, Jake Dennis and Jason Burge both played seniors for Sharks this year and their profiles are featured on the Sharks website.

and Truebluroo man dude Beau Tanton is playin at Broadbeach since start of 06 season and Jake won best and fairest in the ressies in 06 and he didn't play seniors this year at all and yeh Jason Burge is still there he up playin seniors when he is not injuried but he was playin in the Southport grand final in 06!

Yepos
Jae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back