Workshop Space Football League In 3018-3019

Which guernsey would be the best guernsey of the future?

• Crows

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions

• Blues

• Magpies

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Bombers

• Dockers

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Cats

• Suns

• Giants

• Hawks

• Demons

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Kangaroos

• Power

• Tigers

• Saints

• Swans

• Eagles

• Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is my first ever effort on this board, it took me ages and I enjoyed doing it, but in the end I have to take my life back, so sorry for the crap background and rough edges, a pure noob effort. Thanks to El Scorcho for the free template.

EAST SATURN SAINTS FOOTBALL CLUB

ES Saints home and clash flat.jpg HISTORY
Hundreds of years after the St Kilda Football Club’s Tasmanian rebrand, the East Saturn Saints Football Club was established in 2897 in the 8th of the planet’s 11 colonies, Lethlenia. The reason for the relatively late establishment of this football club and their home-planet rival the Bombers was due to a bitter disagreement over which part of the sphere was “east” and “west”, and after it was found that the West Saturn football club had actually paid the planet's official cartographer to forge an “original” map of Saturn with an incremental shift in longitude, the Saints were ultimately allowed to keep their recruitment zone and stadium.

Incidentally, the club is unrelated to the ill-fated Saints on North Uranus whose football club and community was obliterated in the Intra-Uranic War of the 26th century.

Initially playing as an unfashionable defender in an ameteur competition on the largest of the planet’s moons Titan, their first coach Roy Cassini was in charge of the Saints from their inception to 2930, setting a new record for years as a coach of one club. He began as player-coach of East Saturn, and he ruled with an iron fist due to an accident with the threshing machine on his farm in the off-season of his first year at the club. Amazingly, Cassini continued to play for another season, after which it was decided that despite his incredible soccer goals, deliberate falconing of the football and outstanding positioning, his lack of marking and disposal ability was holding him back too much, whereupon he transitioned to a position as full-time senior coach. Cassini was notorious for making his players train in the furious Saturn winds and the players that survived did indeed go on to have powerful disposal and running ability which helped them win many matches. He was finally spectacularly fired at the close of the home and away season of 2930 by the then struggling club after winning his 3rd consecutive wooden spoon in as many years.

The club won a premiership in their fifth year, after which it dropped out of grand final contention for the next 53 years. Since then it’s been a relatively stable and successful league presence, never once dropping into the bottom half of the ladder, and has won 18 premierships in the last 63 years, one of which in extra time after a thrilling draw against North Jupiter in 3010.

Disputes about the club’s image threatened to derail the club in the early years, a number of supporters wanted the name changed to the Halos as a link to both Saints and the planetary rings that bring in so many tourists from all around the Solar System, or the Reapers as a nod to the colony’s rich farming heritage, however tradition won out in the end. There was an initial intention to keep the red, white, and black of the original Earth club St Kilda. However, being that Saturnian culture and superstition links the colour white to death, this was unpopular and linked to the club’s initial poor form. A compromise was quickly found and the white was replaced with their now-trademark “wheat” colour.

Club song

Oh when the Saints,

Go marching in,

Oh when the Saints,

Go marching in,

Oh how I want to be on the nominally eastern face of the planet Saturn,

When the Saints go marching in.

Last edited:

This is my first ever effort on this board, it took me ages and I enjoyed doing it, but in the end I have to take my life back, so sorry for the crap background and rough edges, a pure noob effort. Thanks to El Scorcho for the free template.

View attachment 588074

HISTORY

Hundreds of years after the St Kilda Football Club’s Tasmanian rebrand, the East Saturn Saints Football Club was established in 2897 in the 8th of the planet’s 11 colonies, Lethlenia. The reason for the relatively late establishment of this football club and their home-planet rival the Bombers was due to a bitter disagreement over which part of the sphere was “east” and “west”, and after it was found that the West Saturn football club had actually paid the planet's official cartographer to forge an “original” map of Saturn with an incremental shift in longitude, the Saints were ultimately allowed to keep their recruitment zone and stadium.

Incidentally, the club is unrelated to the ill-fated Saints on North Uranus whose football club and community was obliterated in the Intra-Uranic War of the 26th century.

Initially playing as an unfashionable defender in an ameteur competition on the largest of the planet’s moons Titan, their first coach Roy Cassini was in charge of the Saints from their inception to 2930, setting a new record for years as a coach of one club. He began as player-coach of East Saturn, and he ruled with an iron fist due to an accident with the threshing machine on his farm in the off-season of his first year at the club. Amazingly, Cassini continued to play for another season, after which it was decided that despite his incredible soccer goals, deliberate falconing of the football and outstanding positioning, his lack of marking and disposal ability was holding him back too much, whereupon he transitioned to a position as full-time senior coach. Cassini was notorious for making his players train in the furious Saturn winds and the players that survived did indeed go on to have powerful disposal and running ability which helped them win many matches. He was finally spectacularly fired at the close of the home and away season of 2930 by the then struggling club after winning his 3rd consecutive wooden spoon in as many years.

The club won a premiership in their fifth year, after which it dropped out of grand final contention for the next 53 years. Since then it’s been a relatively stable and successful league presence, never once dropping into the bottom half of the ladder, and has won 18 premierships in the last 63 years, one of which in extra time after a thrilling draw against North Jupiter in 3010.

Disputes about the club’s image threatened to derail the club in the early years, a number of supporters wanted the name changed to the Halos as a link to both Saints and the planetary rings that bring in so many tourists from all around the Solar System, or the Reapers as a nod to the colony’s rich farming heritage, however tradition won out in the end. There was an initial intention to keep the red, white, and black of the original Earth club St Kilda. However, being that Saturnian culture and superstition links the colour white to death, this was unpopular and linked to the club’s initial poor form. A compromise was quickly found and the white was replaced with their now-trademark “wheat” colour.

Club song

Oh when the Saints,

Go marching in,

Oh when the Saints,

Go marching in,

Fantastic work!

Bombers (1).gif Bombers (2).gif

West Saturn Bombers

The Bombers best season was back in 3000 when they did not lose a single game (1000 years after they lost one game in 2000). Now in to 3019, The Bombers will be looking to beat the Hawks record for most flags

View attachment 588671 HISTORY

Club song

Oh when the Saints,

Go marching in,

Oh when the Saints,

Go marching in,

How do I design the jumpers like the East Saturn Saints jumper?

How do I design the jumpers like the East Saturn Saints jumper?
Program is photoshop.

Although since you appear to be a beginner (presumably), I would advise starting with paint.

Some tutorials:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-microsoft-paint-word-tutorial.660776/
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/how-to-simplify-a-logo-using-ms-paint-ms-word.890064/
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/how-to-create-a-retro-shield-logo-on-ms-paint.659546/

Thread of jumper templates + elements (NB: you'll need to put the URL into wayback machine - go back to around 2014/2015):

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/universal-template-thread.880117/

My own folder of templates/elements (zip file) is also attached.

Attachments

• Templates & elements.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 150
Back