Spectangle Club Songs

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, North Adelaide
Does anyone have mp3's for Burnie, South Launceston and Sandy Bay's Spectangle songs?

Kingpin

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 15, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not sure. Spectangle, who had their studio in George Street, North Hobart, released them as individual cassettes with caricatures of each individual club they were marketed to on the front with the words to the club song inside the sleave.
One side had the full song with lyrics, the other side was the instrumental only.
The various clubs started selling them in 1989 on their souvenir stands at the main gate of each ground as I recall.
I bought Hobart's one at North Hobart that year.
Hobart's is on a CD because I play it over the PA system at the TCA Ground at each home game.
Might ask around and see what I find 👍

Kingpin

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 15, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes I had a hunt around for the tape I bought, but can't find it, it's probably in a box somewhere.
Had a caricature tiger on the front.
Actually the Tassie Mariners used the Sandy Bay tune too ("California, Here I Come").
There's was "Mariners, Mariners, here we come!" - can't remember the rest of the wording.
Only reason I know that was that a guy from Hobart did a film of the club's last week in the TFL back in 1997 including the last day, and as he was interviewing Toroa Cooper up in the Plaister Stand the Mariners song was blasting out over the PA just near him, they were playing Gippsland Power in the curtain-raiser that day.

Kingpin

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 15, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
Some of the club songs found so far:

Clarence (1971 Purity Footy Songs)

Clarence (1989 Spectangle Productions)

Glenorchy (1971 Purity Footy Songs)

Glenorchy (1989 Spectangle Productions)

Hobart (1971 Purity Footy Songs)

Hobart (1989 Spectangle Productions)

New Norfolk (1989 Spectangle Productions)

North Hobart (1989 Spectangle Productions)

Sandy Bay (1971 Purity Footy Songs)

Back