Toast Spencer's Recent Form

Remove this Banner Ad

afl.gif

The man. Nose like Ibra and ball drop like Shaun McKernan.

Playing bloody well and getting better and better. Absolute monster of a man too.

Keep it up Jakey, and we'll wonder who the Russian actually is.

The man, the myth, the legend. Get around him, there are at least half a dozen blokes I would get rid of before him. Puts in 110% effort, and improving quickly. May look incredibly ungainly but he's getting there. Winning the 2-on-1 on the southern wing was a highlight.

Good stuff. Was thinking of starting a similar thread.

Seems to be really learning how to throw his body weight around and intimidate opponents.

Remains to be seen how useful he will be around the ground, long term especially, and whether or not we can afford to carry a ruckman who doesn't have a lot of natural skill - in the modern game especially it's become very important.

Good stuff. Was thinking of starting a similar thread.

Seems to be really learning how to throw his body weight around and intimidate opponents.

Remains to be seen how useful he will be around the ground, long term especially, and whether or not we can afford to carry a ruckman who doesn't have a lot of natural skill - in the modern game especially it's become very important.
Our very own Seaby, I think.

Gawn would be the long-term option, but Jamar will stick around for 3 more years.

Agree HFF.

For now I'm definitely happy for Spence to just fire off the quick handball to whoever is in the vicinity. Doesn't need to be a worldbeater, just put in a decent, committed performance week in, week out.
Also, like most ruckman, his potential for elevated cult-status is high.

I played with him when he was at Redland FC top bloke hope he goes on to b a good player!

The man, the myth, the legend. Get around him, there are at least half a dozen blokes I would get rid of before him. Puts in 110% effort, and improving quickly. May look incredibly ungainly but he's getting there. Winning the 2-on-1 on the southern wing was a highlight.
That was actually the best thing that happened today.

When he goes up for grabs he might spill a few but he'll take out a few opponents on the way down either way.

A bit like when Homer fell on Aerosmith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has definitely shown something this year and improved. Goes to show that you need to give the big guys some time to develop to understand their body and know how to use their size and strength to impact the game.
On another note, we have had a good track record with the bigs: White, Simmonds, Jolly, Longmuir (had talent), Jamar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back