Movie Spider-Man: Far from Home

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid credits scene had a significant SHOCK factor. No one saw that coming. Or did we? did mysterio mention he'd tell the world?
- relating to the mid scenes credit......so all along the skrulls are fury and the incredible, serious, sultry, sexy maria hill. makes sense when during the movie PP mentioned cap marvel and fury said something like dont mention her. connection!

Nods to the past
- scientist from IM1
- the other guy in team mysterio (flash back to something i cant remember right now)
- PPs suitcase - belonged to Ben.

The blip
- loved how they showed what people were doing during blip. like the school band performing, disappearing. then coming back mid basketball game. makes it more REAL to us the viewer.

BIG nod to the past - happy donning the "shield" and MJ a mace. Cap USA and Thor right there

And spidey going the shield and hammer like weapon. totally Cap right there.
The hammer thing was made of a seatbelt and something solid. This was foreshadowed when PP got in the car with fury and fury said put on ya seatbelt. FOreshadowing 101.

AUDI sponsored the movie again.

airport scene in europe featured two asians wearing masks. the directors did their research.

i knoew little about mysterio, only that he uses illusions. i was interested and wondered how this would translate. like whoa yeah! hey look over here, now im over there type stuff. Pre drones how did he create the actual damage?

I felt in scenes where peter and mj are getting together there was a part where mj looked stunning. maybe it was the lighting etc.

peter learned to love again

as usual things are set up for a sequel.

When Myst and spidey were sitting in the bar having a drink i thought at the time why arent the locals all looking at them, wondering who mysty is? He's wearing some interesting get up, no one even taking a look and asking questions? then it became obvious of course

anyone remember the trailer where spidey is embroiled in a fight with baddies who are shooting at him? Spidey usees the metal legs that protroud from his back and beats them all up. then the cops as him if hes gonna be the new iron man.

it didnt make the final cut

I just got home from watching this.

Enjoyed it thoroughly, thought it was a fun film.

Tom Holland is really growing in me as Spider-Man, I like him a lot.

Thought Jake Gylaanhall was awesome, he’s such a good actor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved that. I’m hoping this is the pathway forward. I also giggled with glee at the mention of
Earth 616

Does that quote from Mysterio mean it's nothing more than an easter egg? However multiverse should still exist because of a couple of uncorrected timelines from End Game?.......arrrggh head hurts :)

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Does that quote from Mysterio mean it's nothing more than an easter egg? However multiverse should still exist because of a couple of uncorrected timelines from End Game?.......arrrggh head hurts :)

yes I had a strong feeling it wouldnt amount to anything (in this movie anyway) but nothing really happens by chance in the MCU. Especially at this stage, with the infinity saga finished and the future slate as yet unknown.

It’s definitely a thing. An Easter egg for now. However, this is certainly Earth 616.

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
yes I had a strong feeling it wouldnt amount to anything (in this movie anyway) but nothing really happens by chance in the MCU. Especially at this stage, with the infinity saga finished and the future slate as yet unknown.

It’s definitely a thing. An Easter egg for now. However, this is certainly Earth 616.
Its confusing, but the MCU is known as Earth 199999. Its very different from the original timeline of 616.

Better than homecoming.

Got much closer demonstrating Peters struggles but never go as deep as they should. Fair enough they wanna keep it light. None of the chracters are really explored its all surface level stuff. Especially MJ. 2 movies in for someone so important to peter parker I cannot thing of a single reason she needs to be in these movies other than the fact we know who she is from the comics. Plot and character wise she has zero development or importance and for some reason peter just starts the sequel in love with her.

The final sequence was great visually as were the illusions in Berlin. Peter should have mentioned he has been there before.

Gyllenhaal was good even if his motivations were a bit thin.

Despite these issues I still enjoyed. The scenes with Peter and Happy worked quite well.

meh. Id heard so much hype it was hard not to be dissapointed. I know this wont be popular but didnt like they bought back JK Simmons to play JJJ. Would prefer they left Raimis superior films alone. It would be like the DCEU trying to cash on Nolans trilogy. And the last thing was ok I guess but i knew the were going to focus on space more in the next phase and many people guessed the skrull thing even though its not exactly right since Fury organised it

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
One thing I think deserves credit as I pointed out in CM is Marvel's talent at inserting a perfect piece of music in a scene that's saying something that's reflecting a moment in that scene.

In this film it's when PP is talking about just wanting to be a kid, do kids things etc and they lay in the Jam track Town Called Malice and it's opening lines "Better stop dreaming of the quiet life cos it's a one we'll never know."

Maybe only the Jam fans appreciated that moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back