PS4 Spider-Man

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Going by how fun Sunset Overdrive was, this will probably be the best Spider-Man game.

Really happy that I got a PS4 5 months ago, som good games coming out.

They also did a good job with swinging in the new Ratchet and Clank, i still havent finished Sunset Overdrive. but also turned on the Xbox lastweek for the first time since Jan.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
ConventionalJitteryAmurminnow.gif

If this becomes Marvel's "Arkham" series of games and its exclusive then that a huge system seller, not that Sony need that right now.

And with Sony in charge and not someone like Activision/EA they will give it extra time for development and not say it must be out by X date.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
- Biggest team Insomniac has ever had working on a game
- Most ambitious Marvel game ever made
- It's been in development for "quite some time"
- It's not connected at all with the upcoming movie
- Open world
- It'll focus on both Peter Parker and Spider-man
- PS4 exclusive and published by SIE
- They aren't ready to talk about any release timeframe

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Actually been waiting for a Marvel version rivaling Batman Arkham Knight. Can't wait for this game, big Spiderman fan too. But that suit looks pretty weak.

They also did a good job with swinging in the new Ratchet and Clank, i still havent finished Sunset Overdrive. but also turned on the Xbox lastweek for the first time since Jan.

We don't need another dark superhero game which we probably would have got with Suckerpunch. Glad Insomniac has got it's hands on it, it will be fresh/fun.

calyam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Normally I wouldn't be excited at the prospect of a Spiderman game but given what Insomniac did with Sunset Overdrive I'm on board. The traversal in that game was phenomenon and if they can build on that we will end up with a really fun title.

sacka

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2007
Benders
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Was just reading some stuff and what they showed was all in engine gameplay. No pre rendered cut scenes apparently. Looks good.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Yeah Spider-Man on the PS1 was awesome, had a blast playing that and even Spider-Man 2 was good. The rest since then have been very average, so hopefully this one delivers. I'm confident it will, Insomniac are great.

Back