Home & Garden Spiders can get ****ed

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought that was going to be your chest hair?
tumblr_nsgm0wOPAn1tdt2eso1_500.jpg

Not been in here for a while, funny reading some people's stories. Read an article recently that said all spiders can cause necrosis of the skin. What it is, is that their fangs can carry a bacteria from whatever they have recently been chomping on. It's rare though.

079d5c1a7e22328161ba03dbc9fdc7c4.jpg
c1149d234b805ce1915e5c316e5f4f4c.jpg

Still reckon the Camel spiders I saw in the middle are the worst.
That bottom pick wasn't me, we did try and get them fight each other though

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I struggle to understand that. It's probably a much smaller bird than the picture scaling would suggest, but surely if it flapped its wings enough it could break clear of a web. Unless the spider was there to get it really quickly, I guess.

Can't remember which one is which, but Red Backs and Australian Orb Weavers have the strongest silk webs and the other the stickiest stick webs. Not so easy to break.

Straya.

Not been in here for a while, funny reading some people's stories. Read an article recently that said all spiders can cause necrosis of the skin. What it is, is that their fangs can carry a bacteria from whatever they have recently been chomping on. It's rare though.

Technically part of the scorpion family aren't they? I remember Bear Grylls ate one in his Sahara episode. I think I'd rather starve.

Not sure will have to google

Edit:
Camel spiders belong to the class Arachnida, but while all spiders are arachnids, not all arachnids are spiders. Another common name is wind scorpion, but it’s not a scorpion, either. The camel spider is of the order Solifugae, which is Latin for “those who flee from the sun,”

Those are both fake

I thought that was going to be your chest hair?
tumblr_nsgm0wOPAn1tdt2eso1_500.jpg
Ha! Great irony being, I cannot grow a single blade of hair on my chest. It's redistributed itself to my calves though, and seemingly the speed at which facial hair grows back after shaving.

Go figure.

Shell, I'd understand if my last offer was a bit much. How about a mouse spider? They have pretty colours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's almost like karma got me for posting all these pictures...

I got bitten by a Huntsman this morning! I was up at the crack of dawn doing some sweeping outside on our deck, reached into a small cupboard where we keep our outside dust pan and shovel...aaaaaand ouch.

Stung a fair bit, but a few hours later I feel fine and it's only left a small mark.

More than anything, I'm thankful it wasn't a Redback, especially as it was in the sort of dark cupboard you'd be just as likely (or more likely, actually) to stumble across one of them instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back