Home & Garden Spiders can get ****ed

Remove this Banner Ad

Define 'irrationally'.

My fear is perfectly justifiable and understandable. They're evil little f*ckers.

Yes, they are little are you are so big, so easily dealt with without freaking out ;)

Nothing irrational about being scared of something that can kill ya.

Sent from mTalk

A huntsman can't kill you. Even a red back is unlikely to kill you. I lived somewhere where red backs were everywhere and was never bitten. I know a few people who have been bitten by snakes but no one who has been bitten by a spider that could kill you.

I understand why people don't like them (they scuttle, I don't like things that scuttle) but just seems like a lot of blokes completely freak over them (like the guy in WA).

It's highly unlikely they'll kill you with modern anti-venom but it's still a primal survival instinct.

Sent from mTalk
My brother got bitten by a red back Dr said come in if you get symptoms nothing happened he didnt go in

Would I be right in saying a lot of men are irrationally scared of spiders and women are generally more laid back about them? Just going by the responses in here and my family and friends this seems to be the case. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If I'm right, I wonder why this is the case :think:

Look at the way their legs move, it's hideous.

Oh well - garage remains unlocked for a few days - cars get stolen - power tools gone.

Still better than going anywhere near that bastard.

Lol, I walked past it several times before locking up the garage, it didn't move. I did take the precaution of winding up my car windows though.

The little one is probably a male red back???

'Twas but a harmless huntsman.

Look at the way their legs move, it's hideous.

Hideous yes, but not really scary (IMO).

Anyone else getting invaded by huntsmen? I just found this one just now in the bedroom and it’s the second I’ve had in the house this week (had one staring me in the face when I closed the curtains a couple of nights ago :eek: ). Had another one in the bedroom a while back and then the one on the garage door. Must be all the rain I suppose.
381F36E2-9DBB-4E08-BAB0-B3FD893A3051.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had big huntsman out back patio door this morning. Seems he set up house behind where cats sleep. He was huge. Sprayed him heaps of time but the *er seemed as tough to take down as Crippa in midfield. Despite sprayed heaps the *er moved like it was not even bothering him. Eventually decide * it, he on wall so can get clear shot at him with a tennis ball. Knocked him off but got no idea if killed him or when went to ground he moved onto return for round 12 another time.

Had big huntsman out back patio door this morning. Seems he set up house behind where cats sleep. He was huge. Sprayed him heaps of time but the ****** seemed as tough to take down as Crippa in midfield. Despite sprayed heaps the ****** moved like it was not even bothering him. Eventually decide **** it, he on wall so can get clear shot at him with a tennis ball. Knocked him off but got no idea if killed him or when went to ground he moved onto return for round 12 another time.
C'mon, you don't kill huntsmans! They keep most of the other spiders and bugs away. Just relocate or leave them alone.

That is so Aussie.

South America, check out this giant spider eating a furry little defenseless animal

Australia, pfft check out this deadly little bugger eating this other deadly little bugger

Hanging out my washing in the backyard this afternoon, felt something crawl across my foot. Looked down, fuggin wolf with a dead cricket in its fangs crawled over my foot running into the bushes... Never jumped so high in my life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back