Spinal Tap's Drummer ????

Remove this Banner Ad

bulldogs1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2001
Shoppers Crossing
Other Teams
Dogs
There were three, from memory, and the first spontaneously combusted.

To settle a bet here, can anyone of you trivia buffs out there help WWB, Darky, and myself with the identity of the drummer who uttered the immortal words,

"Have a good time, ALL the time", when asked what he would like for his epitaph? Methinks it was Stumpy Joe. I couldn't be bothered viewing another 3 hours of it, 2 nights running!

Cheers

I cant remember the names but I can remember that one died from drowning in vomit, not his own vomit, they didnt know whos it was-"Its very hard to dust vomit for finger prints"

Originally posted by bulldogs1
There were three, from memory, and the first spontaneously combusted.

To settle a bet here, can anyone of you trivia buffs out there help WWB, Darky, and myself with the identity of the drummer who uttered the immortal words,

"Have a good time, ALL the time", when asked what he would like for his epitaph? Methinks it was Stumpy Joe. I couldn't be bothered viewing another 3 hours of it, 2 nights running!

Cheers

According to the liner notes of the 1984 Spinal Tap CD (with the plain black cover), the first drummer was John "Stumpy" Pepys, "suddenly dead in tragedy".

Second drummer was Joe "Stumpy" Childs, "dead in sudden tragedy". LOL

He was replaced by session drummer Peter James Bond, who "had died with tragic suddenness".

That same CD has Mick Shrimpton as the credited drummer.

The 1992 opus Break Like The Wind has Ric Shrimpton as the credited drummer.

And after wading through all that crap, you still haven't been told whose quote it was! :p

Yep, ashamed alright. Memory like a sieve. Just ask WWB - he's seen my pathetic attempts to answer his trivia questions. WWB reckons it is the keyboard player. What the hell, I'll just continue using the quote because I like it! LOL.

Originally posted by Savatage
Bulldogs1 you should be ashamed!!!!!!!!!

That was the keyboard player!!!

I think the funniest part to all this is that someone actually started a thread on Spinal Tap!!

Spinal Tap on The Simpsons...
half inflated lord of darkness we salute you

most people think there are only 5 members of the group...*wind gust*...that was the que to turn on the lights, to tell the friggin audience they are the sixth member and to put a little excitement into their otherwise boring lifes"

Yeah, I know, pretty pathetic, heh? It is obvious we are beginning our pre-season early.
Originally posted by PC28
I think the funniest part to all this is that someone actually started a thread on Spinal Tap!!

Spinal Tap on The Simpsons...
half inflated lord of darkness we salute you

most people think there are only 5 members of the group...*wind gust*...that was the que to turn on the lights, to tell the friggin audience they are the sixth member and to put a little excitement into their otherwise boring lifes"

That may be true, but i have the sudden urge to go out and hire "This Is Spinal Tap"

You can buy a 'special edition' This Is Spinal Tap from HMV for 12 bucks. It's worth it. It has all the cuts and out-takes that didn't make the official release. This is featured at the end of the tape, and lasts nearly as long as the movie itself.

There are all sorts of sub-plots that were edited out. Eg:

1. Bass player Derek Smalls is going through a horrible divorce, and spends half his time crapping on to his lawyer.

2. David St. Hubbins has a son, who meets up with the group on tour.

3. The Tap visit a zoo, and become besotted with the gorillas, leading Tufnell to exclaim 'you know, apes love bread, but funnily enough, they've never developed baking skills.'

4. Janine (St. Hubbins's girlfriend) invites a local guitarist to join the band after Tufnell spat the dummy. Cut to concert footage, where the new guy totally upstages everyone else, and St. Hubbins cracks the sh*ts.

By the way guys - Spinal Tap Trivia Question...

St. Hubbins is the patron saint of WHAT?

I'm laughing all the way as I read your post, WWB. God, that video is long. The credits came up, and then it just kept going (a bit like the other thread of yours). Obviously I hired the special edition; I'm lucky I watched it, because I was just about to turn off the video as the credits came up, but I perservered and sat up for another 1 1/2 hours. Great film.

If the Lions win this week, I reckon I may have to get it out again and watch it a few more times .......

Originally posted by Waltzing Woof Biscuit
You can buy a 'special edition' This Is Spinal Tap from HMV for 12 bucks. It's worth it. It has all the cuts and out-takes that didn't make the official release. This is featured at the end of the tape, and lasts nearly as long as the movie itself.

1. Bass player Derek Smalls is going through a horrible divorce, and spends half his time crapping on to his lawyer.

3. The Tap visit a zoo, and become besotted with the gorillas, leading Tufnell to exclaim 'you know, apes love bread, but funnily enough, they've never developed baking skills.'

4. Janine (St. Hubbins's girlfriend) invites a local guitarist to join the band after Tufnell spat the dummy. Cut to concert footage, where the new guy totally upstages everyone else, and St. Hubbins cracks the sh*ts.

Originally posted by Waltzing Woof Biscuit

12 Bucks?? You've got to be kidding. It costs that much to rent the bloody thing!!! Off to HMV i go...

St Hubbins is the patron saint of Quality Footwear :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back