Western Bulldogs
FB. Duryea keath williams
HB. Dale naughton bont
C. Hunter b.smith macrea
Hf. Libba english Daniel
FF marra cordy weightman
R. Hannan Dunkley treloar
Int Richards vdm Scott schache

If nothing else it'd confuse the hell out of the opposition at the first bounce. Then you have the 4 on the interchange that could come onto any line.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
FB. Duryea keath williams
HB. Dale naughton bont
C. Hunter b.smith macrea
Hf. Libba english Daniel
FF marra cordy weightman
R. Hannan Dunkley treloar
Int Richards vdm Scott schache

If nothing else it'd confuse the hell out of the opposition at the first bounce. Then you have the 4 on the interchange that could come onto any line.

Not bad, but I'd fear for Hannan at the first bounce. A Gawn/Grundy/NicNat would trample him underfoot as they drove forward. I'm all for surprise, but centre bounces need someone capable of contesting the centre bounce on a level playing field. Particularly early doors, maybe throw Hannan in there once the heat has gone out of the game. Anyway just my two bobs reply.

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sweet 1st ruck in the senior team.

(I thought he was ok in his handful of games in 2021, didn't understand why he was dropped, wonder if we had persisted with him, the 3rd qtr GF clearance catastrophe may not have happened).

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not bad, but I'd fear for Hannan at the first bounce. A Gawn/Grundy/NicNat would trample him underfoot as they drove forward. I'm all for surprise, but centre bounces need someone capable of contesting the centre bounce on a level playing field. Particularly early doors, maybe throw Hannan in there once the heat has gone out of the game. Anyway just my two bobs reply.
Undoubtedly he would get destroyed but I'd prefer it to be hannan rather then bont or dunkley

Naughton back. In modern footy, an intercepting Key back is more important than a dominant key forward. Melbourne were just the dominant team all season with ben brown and tom Mcdonald as their key pillars. Meanwhile May and Lever gave them the base to not only defend opposition attacks, but also launch their own. These days key forwards just need to bring the ball to ground. Naughton is more natural behind the ball. The only thing that makes me think that maybe we shouldn't move him back is the Bruce injury, however that leads me to my next point....

Bont key forward. He showed what he could be capable of playing forward in the GF. We need to free up more time for Dunks/Treloar/Smith in the midfield as well as providing key position cover in order to move Naughton back. No reason why he can't go into the middle as required, but I'd like to see him play mainly up forward similar to how Dusty does.

Daniel forward/midfield as our spare around the contest. Need to make room in the backline for Richards and Daniel is best placed to move up the ground.

JJ to a wing. Wouldn't mind giving this a real go... probably won't work but I see JJs time in the forward line pretty numbered. Better options are overtaking him there and theoretically he has all the tools to be a good winger.

Forwards: Bont, English, JUH/Schache, VDM, Weightman, Daniel, Garcia/Hannan/Wallis/Scott/McSteal
Mids: Martin (or equiv), Macrae, Dunks, Libba, Treloar, BSmith, Hunter, JJ
Backs: Naughton, Keath, Crozier, Dale, Richards, Duryea, Williams

These changes are pretty significant so I doubt they happen, considering we just made a GF but there you go.

adammonerz

Senior List
May 31, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
I'd be all for Bont playing as a forward permanently if his set shot improved think Bailey Smith could play his role in the midfield quite well

Brian Perrin

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Singapore
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bont to CHB
Macrae to permanent medi-sub or wing if you must

Opens the midfield for Baz, Adz and Dunks but Baz wouldn’t be popular if he wants to stand between the other two

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yes I like the idea of Naughton getting some midfield time, ruck or ruck rover.
He is a powerful unit with a leap and courage. He would be a tough matchup.
At time I feel he is wasted at full forward although he has been great at times.
Maybe stays a forward with 5-10 mins on ball per qtr.

Who knows?

KM
I honestly would love to see this, would be *ing great watching him smash bodies for 10mins in the middle

SweatOnMySkin

Senior List
Oct 26, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
sending Naughton back seems like the perfect way to get rival clubs to back up a truck full of money to his house and a promise to be their CHF. Sending him to the backline seems like the perfect strategy to lose him. Find another way to fix the backline, players like him dont come along very often

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
FB: Williams Keath O'Brien
HB: Duryea Gardner Dale
C: Treloar Bont Hunter
HF: Vandermeer English BSmith
FF: Weightman Naughton JUH
R: Sweet Macrae Dunkley

I: Daniel Libba Richards McNeil
E: Schache RSmith Hannan Scott

Garcia the last cut

hoianbulldog

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2006
Hoi An, Vietnam. I am off the grid.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
FB: Williams Keath O'Brien
HB: Duryea Gardner Dale
C: Treloar Bont Hunter
HF: Vandermeer English BSmith
FF: Weightman Naughton JUH
R: Sweet Macrae Dunkley

I: Daniel Libba Richards McNeil
E: Schache RSmith Hannan Scott

Garcia the last cut
I don't mind that but you screwed up the emergencies. West has to be somewhere surely.

Shacf501

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
B: Duryea Keath O’Brien
HB: Dale Schache Richards
C: Treloar Williams B Smith
HF: Dunkley Naughton Daniel
FF: Weightman English JUH
R: Martin Bont Macrae

IC: Libba Hunter Crozier, VDM

E: Sweet, Garcia, West, Khamis

Like to see Daniel playing in the front half of the ground. He's clean, doesn't fumble and obviously has fantastic foot skills. Makes our forwards lead to the right places as he actually kicks to space and forces them to lead. Could rotate up on the wing in a rotation with Ads or Baz. Also, with Naughts athletic ability and taking marks around the half forward line to centre wing having Daniel getting quick hands of him and kicking inside 50 would be great! Just have to teach Naughts to give hands!

As for hunter... good player, gets the ball a lot but doesn't do much. Stops our run every time he gets the ball as he stops and props. Obviously he is good enough to play but I struggle to see if he is beneficial with the amount of ball he gets. He makes the bench at best!

Would love to see Bailey Williams unleashed in the middle. He is tough, has mongrel and a couple years ago did really well in there at various times. Would love to see him given the opportunity.

Back