AFLW Sponsor announcements

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2016-09-03/iconic-brands-named-womens-team-partners

The Western Bulldogs have announced iconic national brands Priceline Pharmacy and Bob Jane T-Marts as co-major partners of the Club’s AFL Women’s team.

As part of the partnership Priceline Pharmacy and Bob Jane T-Marts will take pride of place on the Club’s women’s guernsey and apparel for the next three years.
The Club has also partnered with The Pancake Parlour to feature on match day shorts and apparel, also until at least 2019.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ho...d/news-story/972c813076d1ddb684822def4e24952d

CAR manufacturer Holden has altered the structure of its sponsorship agreement with Collingwood in the wake of Eddie McGuire’s “drowning” joke about AFL journalist Caroline Wilson.

AFL.com.au reported Holden announced on Monday more than half of its money would now be devoted to the Pies’ new women’s team, which will play in the inaugural AFL Women’s League starting in 2017.

Holden last year re-signed a sponsorship deal with Collingwood reportedly worth $3 million per year until the end of 2018, but announced it would review its deal in the wake of the fallout from McGuire’s comments.

This would value the womens sponsorship at 1.5 million per year.

Are you suggesting there is a drop in the value of the AFL team ?

Im not suggesting anything. Holden have said that that they are directing half their sponsorship to the womens side, insteady of solely directed to the mens. At this stage they are the only sponsor we know to have done so. I made no conclusions or suggestions otherwise.

Are you suggesting there is a drop in the value of the AFL team ?
He is saying that the value of the sponsorship from holden to the Womens team is valued at 1.5 mill, not that the womens team is now valued at 1.5 mill. You are trying to draw the bow that Wookie has valued the womens team at 1.5 mill, and therefore logically, the mens team must be valued at 1.5 mill less? To then point out that changing the value of the mens team based on sponsorship is absurd, and therefore giving a value to the womens team based on sponsorship is also absurd? You would be correct if anyone was doing this even in the slightest.

He is saying that the value of the sponsorship from holden to the Womens team is valued at 1.5 mill, not that the womens team is now valued at 1.5 mill. You are trying to draw the bow that Wookie has valued the womens team at 1.5 mill, and therefore logically, the mens team must be valued at 1.5 mill less? To then point out that changing the value of the mens team based on sponsorship is absurd, and therefore giving a value to the womens team based on sponsorship is also absurd? You would be correct if anyone was doing this even in the slightest.

Did Holden pay any more money ? Do they now sponsor both the AFL team & the Womens team ?

Brisbane announce Hyundai as a major partner
http://www.lions.com.au/news/2016-09-26/hyundai-driving-force

The Brisbane Lions are delighted to announce Hyundai Motor Company Australia as the inaugural Major Partner of the Brisbane Lions’ Women’s Team for the upcoming AFL Women’s Competition.

The Club today announced the Major Partnership of Hyundai, alongside Support Partner Epic Pharmacy.

Martin Him, General Manager – Hyundai Northern Region, said that as a Platinum Partner of the Club since 2010, they were excited to extend the relationship with the Brisbane Lions and to be part of this revolution in women’s sport.

“In addition to the Major Partnership of the Women’s Team, our involvement extends to supporting the female talent pathway which includes the introduction of a Female Lions Academy and sponsoring the U17 Youth Girls State Championships,” Him said.

“Female Football is the fastest growing sport for women and we look forward to contributing to the growth of this into the future, which includes developing the next generation of players for the Women’s team.”

As Major Partner, the Hyundai logo will feature on the front and back of the Brisbane Lions’ guernsey, media backdrop and on all training and match day apparel during the upcoming AFLW competition.

The overall competition will be sponsored by NAB for 2-3 million next year.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e/news-story/79128e8d8c1d8de160fba3eaa599645d

AFL Women’s has secured NAB as its inaugural naming rights sponsor after what league chief executive Gillon McLachlan said was a hotly contested fight for its sparkling new product.

The three-year deal, with the option of a further three years, is believed to be worth $2 million-$3 million a year.

The arrangement is dwarfed by Toyota’s prime AFL sponsorship, reported to be worth up to $15 million a season.

But the groundbreaking national AFLW runs for just two months, one-third of the length of the 119-year-old men’s competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
I am wondering what sort of a killing Cotton On are going to make from their sponsorship.

100 New female teams a year just in Vic, and there is 1 manufacturer of designed for women, AFL endorsed, worn by professional female player's, uniforms out there.

Every club getting a female team, or updating an existing teams uniform, is going to have a Cotton On Guernsey on their wishlist.

Then there is training gear, junior's, and that's before looking at fan merchandising.

Add on general Brand awareness (I hadn't really heard of them), and I think they have made a huge coup, and that bodes well for selling other sponsorships.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

I am wondering what sort of a killing Cotton On are going to make from their sponsorship.

100 New female teams a year just in Vic, and there is 1 manufacturer of designed for women, AFL endorsed, worn by professional female player's, uniforms out there.

Every club getting a female team, or updating an existing teams uniform, is going to have a Cotton On Guernsey on their wishlist.

Then there is training gear, junior's, and that's before looking at fan merchandising.

Add on general Brand awareness (I hadn't really heard of them), and I think they have made a huge coup, and that bodes well for selling other sponsorships.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Its interesting that its a league wide thing as well. Jumpers are normally a club matter. I think its indicative of the lengths the league is going to in order to make the league a success.

ZTE to be the Blues womens team shorts sponsor
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2016-12-15/zte-adorns-aflw-shorts

The relationship between the Carlton Football Club and ZTE has grown even stronger, with the global telecommunications company expanding its sponsorship to include the Blues women’s team.

Signing on as a platinum partner of Carlton’s inaugural AFLW team, ZTE’s logo will feature on the players’ shorts – both training and playing – as well as the media backdrop and match-day signage.

Thanks for these links! I'm doing some research for an article on the commercial development of women's sport and the W-AFL in particular, these resources will be handy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back