Sponsor Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

This is our first sponsor that has come on board due to our springfield move. If thats a big focus for them then I would imagine they're looking for something long term to continue their exposure when we get out there. Thats a big positive that we've attracted one with direct ties and focus in that area.

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This is our first sponsor that has come on board due to our springfield move. If thats a big focus for them then I would imagine they're looking for something long term to continue their exposure when we get out there. Thats a big positive that we've attracted one with direct ties and focus in that area.
You would expect the Springfield City Group to become sponsors then.

tate13

All Australian
Sep 5, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Neds extends with the Lions. I find it pretty disappointing that we re-sign so soon, particularly given how the initial signing sat with many members. I wonder how much money they've kicked into this campaign for our kids? Probably says it all that the signing of a major sponsor (to a club that reckons it struggles to get them) was done as low key as it gets. And once again incredibly odd timing.

Sherrinator

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2004
SEQLD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
BBFFC, Southport AFC
Neds extends with the Lions. I find it pretty disappointing that we re-sign so soon, particularly given how the initial signing sat with many members. I wonder how much money they've kicked into this campaign for our kids? Probably says it all that the signing of a major sponsor (to a club that reckons it struggles to get them) was done as low key as it gets. And once again incredibly odd timing.

Tbh, until the federal government bans alcohol and gambling ads, I would be highly disappointed if we turned down major sponsorship by anyone.

It’s not our job to be the pillar of morality in the community, especially when the AFL gratuitously spruiks betting odds at any opportunity.

Think we've well and truly had this conversation first time around, and im with the majority that yeah it isnt great to have gambling sponsors, but it doesnt annoy me to the point that i eould expect the club to turn down a major sponsor deal. Our club could take a stand against gambling etc, but we play in a league dominated by booze and gambling adds.

Unfortunately we are not in the position as a club to pick and choose. Perhaps if we can have an extended period of success we can focus on these things more in the future. Good goal to have for the future, but for now we live in the now.

tate13

All Australian
Sep 5, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
It’s not our job to be the pillar of morality in the community, especially when the AFL gratuitously spruiks betting odds at any opportunity.
[/QUOTE]
Just because "everyone else is doing it" doesn't mean we have. We could live the values we say we follow as a club. Turning down sponsorship has nothing to do with it. It's the fact it was extended so quickly.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Just because "everyone else is doing it" doesn't mean we have. We could live the values we say we follow as a club. Turning down sponsorship has nothing to do with it. It's the fact it was extended so quickly.
In the case of AFL clubs, no one else is doing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[/QUOTE]
In the case of AFL clubs, no one else is doing it.
[/QUOTE]

There are a number of other clubs with gambling sponsorship. Admittedly none as a Guernsey sponsor

Us taking a stand against gambling is like a vegan declining fish when marooned on a deserted island. If we were financially solvent on our own then I would ask the club to be more selective in their partnerships.

As a vegan, I'd like to say that would never happen. I'd use my vegan powers to call upon the dolphins to save me and take me back to the nearest Lord Of The Fries.

Yep, you do what you have to do when not financially secure and independent ..
We are fine. All these lines about us not being financial stable are flawed.

We have income sources. The AFL gets the largest slice of that, in the TV Rights. That we are reliant on the AFL is completely expected. Even extra-handouts are just the AFL slightly adjusting the pie. If they didn't take such a huge slice for themselves, no one would need extra handouts. But asking the AFL not to be controlling and money-grubbing is like asking water not to be wet.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox

Good to see the guys in head office have been working hard to cash in on our success this season. Now is the time to be really pushing for potential sponsors to get on board for next year while still getting some of the buzz from this final series

Fantastic work. This has me intrigued:

Snap Fitness signed a two-year deal with the Club, and their logo will appear on everything related to Lions membership including membership packs, cards and polos.

Sounds like they're not a major sponsor like Oaks and Neds but the closest thing possible to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back