(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danny3

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Moreton Bay Lions
The last decent apparel sponsor we had was Puma back in our Premiership era, although Russell Athletic may have been around in 03. Since then it has been one no name brand after the other. Obviously many don’t really care about the benefits of a solid apparel sponsor and getting decent merchandise as a result, but the last few have been as bad as the next, BLK, Koo Ga, Majestic etc. Even still, there is nothing wrong with desiring a known apparel sponsor that will actually produce decent gear.
Puma didn't take over from Russell until 2007. Since them, it's been KooGa / BLK (same company, just rebranded) and Majestic, in that order (no etc). Hardly call either "no name". BLK had a third of all AFL clubs plus a bunch of international and club rugby teams before they ran into financial strife. And up until this year, Majestic were the official on-field uniform supplier of all 30 Major League Baseball teams.

The Flying Belgian

Third Tall
May 5, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NYGiants, UOregon, Cardiff, Blazers
Puma didn't take over from Russell until 2007. Since them, it's been KooGa / BLK (same company, just rebranded) and Majestic, in that order (no etc). Hardly call either "no name". BLK had a third of all AFL clubs plus a bunch of international and club rugby teams before they ran into financial strife. And up until this year, Majestic were the official on-field uniform supplier of all 30 Major League Baseball teams.
Had some Puma stuff from 1997. I’ve still got a polo and tracksuit. Stuff has barely frayed. Superbly made clothing.

Crusha

Justin Clarke Sponsor 2013, 2014, 2015
Jun 17, 2006
Section 43
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NFL - Green Bay Packers
Yeah I've still got puma training shirts that I wear all the time. Fantastic products. Hopefully next one we can nab someone of their ilk for merchandise
I've still got puma gear from my playing days in the '70's ..................... alas, they look like Dolls Clothing when I try to put them on now .........................:elephant:

Warwick

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
**** RANT Alert ****

That jumper looks ****ing atrocious.

Collar looks ridiculous. The gold sleeves are far too thick. The blue yoke is back to being too low. Lion’s too large. Stitching looks cheap. Looks like it’s been washed with a cup of bleach in my old recycled Kelvinator.

Grr... And it’s ****ing freezing outside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom