Sponsor Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

With the long list of Mc's on player roster, this was only a matter of time.

Such a shame that Great Southern Bank (formerly CUA), a Brissie-HQ'd company has got on board with Carlton as a co-major sponsor. Obviously, we're contracted with two corps now and wouldn't have been an option for GSB, though it'd have been an excellent replacement for :sick:neds:sick:.

Such a shame that Great Southern Bank (formerly CUA), a Brissie-HQ'd company has got on board with Carlton as a co-major sponsor. Obviously, we're contracted with two corps now and wouldn't have been an option for GSB, though it'd have been an excellent replacement for :sick:neds:sick:.
Could be an option for the top back sponsor

Probably more about exposure in Victoria.

Probably more about exposure in Victoria.
I thought that - we get as good, if not better primetime exposure as Carlton do nowadays. Plus, we've Victorian roots. So while credible reasoning, I wouldn't read too much into it.

It would be, though I doubt it'd be within the stipulations of their Carlton contract.

Neds' deal runs out at the end of this season I think?

To be honest though I just hope that whoever our major sponsors are we get the same front of jumper sponsor and back of jumper sponsor regardless of whether we are home or away, so there's no contractual obligation not to wear our home jumper when we don't have to.

For example if we get drawn to play Hawthorn or North in Tassie, or GWS away, again we should be in our threepeat winning jumper.

That's an interesting spot of the jumper, because I would have thought if it was a real open space for advertising then everyone would already be advertising there. The fact some clubs do but other's do not is odd.

And in our situation we have our little BBFFC tribute there, so I'd really rather we didn't get rid of that for some more company logos if we can help it.

edit: removed a word. That post was pre-coffee.

Last edited:
That's an interesting spot of the jumper, because I would have thought if it was a real open space for advertising then everyone would already be advertising there. The fact some clubs do but other's do not is odd.

And in our situation we have our little BBFFC tribute there, so I'd really rather we didn't get rid of that for some more company logos if we can help it.

edit: removed a word. That post was pre-coffee.
We could simply move the BBFFC to the back collar, similar to what Port did with their "1870" with their jumper when KFC became their top back sponsor.

Or did what the Bulldogs did and move BBFFC to the front.

We could simply move the BBFFC to the back collar, similar to what Port did with their "1870" with their jumper when KFC became their top back sponsor.

Or did what the Bulldogs did and move BBFFC to the front.
We could also move it to the front of the jumper, above the sponsor. I think if we can get 3 sponsors paying good money, then we shouldn't pass that up. It would be better if we could replace neds too.

Left field question abut our sponsor Youi - does anyone know if there is any discount if you insure your car with them and are a member?

Looks like Neds have ended their jumper sponsors with all sports teams. Morally a good thing but leaves us short a fairly lucrative sponsorship by the sounds of it.

Link
I'm sad for this to occur personally. NEDS was a good sponsor who helped the club significantly.

In this current world we live in, I am tired to people blaming others for their bad behaviour and in this case I feel the same. I dont see how the woke people of the world consistently blame companies like NEDS turning someone into a person with a gambling problem...please take responsibility & own your problem instead of pointing the finger to anyone or any company instead of who really is to blame....yourself.

P.S. not directed at you or anyone else on this forum Lionheart182

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sad for this to occur personally. NEDS was a good sponsor who helped the club significantly.

In this current world we live in, I am tired to people blaming others for their bad behaviour and in this case I feel the same. I dont see how the woke people of the world consistently blame companies like NEDS turning someone into a person with a gambling problem...please take responsibility & own your problem instead of pointing the finger to anyone or any company instead of who really is to blame....yourself.

its very difficult for a problem gambler to avoid their vice in australia as it is.want to go to the pub with your mates? there are TAB machines and pokies. want to watch the footy? have fun having the odds shoved in your face at every break. the gambling companies arent stupid and know a significant amount of their profits come from these people who cant otherwise help themselves from having a punt if the opportunity is made clear to them - even if doing so is detrimental to them

i am personally a massive fan of removing all gambling related advertising from australian broadcasts and sports (like tobacco) and would also outlaw mobile betting apps as well

Last edited:

I don't think it's necessarily "the woke people of the world" ML. A number of clubs in Victoria have recently stopped their deals ownership of pokies, the general population doesn't want to be associated with gambling. There's a lot more to it for some people then just an addiction to gambling.

Our game and all sport in Australia has been saturated with betting company ads on TV and during the game for past few years. It's gone too far, most footy shows and games has betting ads which are made to look part of the broadcast with players. Time to reduce the exposure to it big time.

I thank NEDS for their sponsorship as it came at a time we were in need of more sponsors getting on board
I believe NEDS were newish to the betting market when they joined the Lions sponsorship groups
With the Lions holding a regular top 4 & 8 place during this time, that should have helped NEDS establish themselves in the market
Prime time TV is what sponsors crave when they come on board

However i hate the constant TV bombardment of gambling apps which has increased massively over the last 6 years
Catch up streaming TV is even worse

With the Lions success it will be much easier to fill the void compared to when we were struggling badly

I thank NEDS for their sponsorship as it came at a time we were in need of more sponsors getting on board
I believe NEDS were newish to the betting market when they joined the Lions sponsorship groups
With the Lions holding a regular top 4 & 8 place during this time, that should have helped NEDS establish themselves in the market
Prime time TV is what sponsors crave when they come on board

However i hate the constant TV bombardment of gambling apps which has increased massively over the last 6 years
Catch up streaming TV is even worse

With the Lions success it will be much easier to fill the void compared to when we were struggling badly
Yeah, i hate the YOUI adds too so I will be over the moon when we flick those thieving mongrels off the players jumpers as well.

I don't think it's necessarily "the woke people of the world" ML. A number of clubs in Victoria have recently stopped their deals ownership of pokies, the general population doesn't want to be associated with gambling. There's a lot more to it for some people then just an addiction to gambling.

Our game and all sport in Australia has been saturated with betting company ads on TV and during the game for past few years. It's gone too far, most footy shows and games has betting ads which are made to look part of the broadcast with players. Time to reduce the exposure to it big time.
Don't necessarily dis-agree with what you say but my main point is when will society start taking responsibility of bad behavior rather than blame coercion and lack of good decisions that relate to common sense. It seems that the population has lost that common sense responsibility and in the end, most responsible tax payers are the ones that have to pay for damage caused.
Cigarette adds have disappeared now for many years yet over 10% of our population still smoke even with the anti-smoking campaigns being put it front of us. Whoever smokes cigarette's these days should be made to pay for the damage it does to them, not taxpayers. The same principle applies to gambling in my opinion.
Just a quick rant...moving on now. ;)

Yeah, i hate the YOUI adds too so I will be over the moon when we flick those thieving mongrels off the players jumpers as well.
Wow
I think the way you respond (fairly often) to posters on this site needs a lot of adjustment

So if the NEDS/Betting adds somehow turns me into a gambler which is there intention.
This then could lead me into being a problem gambler. Not necessarily just with horses/sport.
I could lose anywhere from lots of money, friends, family, house even suicide

Compared to YOUI adds which influence me to get insurance i may or may not have
My house burns down of is destroyed in a storm or flood or just by an freak accident

I think you need a better comparison

Don't necessarily dis-agree with what you say but my main point is when will society start taking responsibility of bad behavior rather than blame coercion and lack of good decisions that relate to common sense. It seems that the population has lost that common sense responsibility and in the end, most responsible tax payers are the ones that have to pay for damage caused.
Cigarette adds have disappeared now for many years yet over 10% of our population still smoke even with the anti-smoking campaigns being put it front of us. Whoever smokes cigarette's these days should be made to pay for the damage it does to them, not taxpayers. The same principle applies to gambling in my opinion.
Just a quick rant...moving on now. ;)
Society is taking responsibility of the bad behaviour of gambling, by saying we want less of it, and more controls around it, because it hurts a fair proportion of society that does NOT gamble.

My sisters ex is a problem gambler. He has stolen millions from his own family (parents) to fund his addiction.

My sister can’t get any child support out of him, because he gambles it all.

This is what the “woke” people are condemning.

The impacts caused to the innocents of society.

Literally no different to the damage alcoholism and drug addiction has on society.

So if the NEDS/Betting adds somehow turns me into a gambler which is there intention.
This then could lead me into being a problem gambler. Not necessarily just with horses/sport.
I could lose anywhere from lots of money, friends, family, house even suicide

Compared to YOUI adds which influence me to get insurance i may or may not have
My house burns down of is destroyed in a storm or flood or just by an freak accident

I think you need a better comparison
I ring up every year to compare my current insurances and I am yet to receive a better quote from Youi.
I agree with Mighty Lions that they are a pack of thieving Mongrels because they are always hundreds of dollars more expensive, unlike their adds suggest.

I ring up every year to compare my current insurances and I am yet to receive a better quote from Youi.
I agree with Mighty Lions that they are a pack of thieving Mongrels because they are always hundreds of dollars more expensive, unlike their adds suggest.
they quoted me more than double my current premium :tearsofjoy:

wOkE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back