Sponsor Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions get Brisclean
February 5, 2013

The Brisbane Lions have joined forces with commercial cleaning group Brisclean for the next three years.

Brisclean, a Brisbane based company with expanding offices in other states, have partnered with the Lions until the end of 2015 as the Club’s Official Cleaning Partner.

I like that we have an official cleaning partner lol

Kinda like the Olympics isn't it, they have an official everything.

"Official moist towelette of the 2012 London Olympics".

McDonalds Partners Lions
March 26, 2013

McDonald’s has signed on as the official Junior Partner of the Brisbane Lions.

The three-year deal, which was announced today, sees McDonald’s become the official partner of Club junior activity – including the naming rights to Bernie’s Gabba Gang, junior clinics, junior membership programs, as well as the match-day junior mascot.

McDonald’s Mt Gravatt Licensee Mark Roberts said McDonald’s was delighted to become an official sponsor of the Brisbane Lions, which aligns with McDonald’s heritage and culture.

“We’ve been a big supporter of AFL Brisbane Juniors over the past four years and we’ve just signed on again as the official sponsor for another three years,” Mark said.

Pros: More money for the club.

Cons: The club lending its name to fast food advertising at children.

I'm split - quickly, someone, tell me how I'm supposed to feel! Maybe Today Tonight will cover this to clear it up for me. :(

Look at it this way, Maccas already are involved in a lot of junior activities. Coming on board with us it isn't anything new. It's not like they have suddenly decided to support sport and we are the testing ground. I think in the current climate, any sponsorship is good. Probably smart going by Maccas, we are a team on the up, and our academy system really starts kicking in this year, which can tie back to the junior footy they are putting their name on.

I'm split - quickly, someone, tell me how I'm supposed to feel! Maybe Today Tonight will cover this to clear it up for me. :(

Pro - Massive international company with a huge amount of resources and experience in junior sporting clubs and competitions.

Con - Free big Mac's for Ash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maccas are not the enemy....its up to parents to take responsibility for what their kids eat.

Am rapt we have another sponsor.....why feel anything other than elation for the club?...

... Maccas are just another business advertising to the masses..just like other food products are advertised.

..can't recall the last time I saw a kids happy meal ad.

oh, and they are sponsoring us now....instead of the Pies!:p

Maccas are not the enemy....its up to parents to take responsibility for what their kids eat.

Am rapt we have another sponsor.....why feel anything other than elation for the club?...

... Maccas are just another business advertising to the masses..just like other food products are advertised.

..can't recall the last time I saw a kids happy meal ad.

oh, and they are sponsoring us now....instead of the Pies!:p
In that case bring back Philip Morris, there's no need to protect morons buying their healthy product.:eek:

Can't they just offer the fat kids a free Big Mac to play a game of footy?

This is a great sponsor for our youngsters. Like them or not Maccas is ubiquitous. I see this as a good relationship for the club. Just need the McDs to open those deep pockets for some club assistance. If it meant increased funding for the club I'd be happy to see the golden arches on the pocket space of a Lions guernsey.

This is a great sponsor for our youngsters. Like them or not Maccas is ubiquitous. I see this as a good relationship for the club. Just need the McDs to open those deep pockets for some club assistance. If it meant increased funding for the club I'd be happy to see the golden arches on the pocket space of a Lions guernsey.

Me too, but any opportunity to stir up MacMum, I'm taking it!

This reminds me of an Auskick game that I saw at the Gabba at half time once. All of the kids were quite skinny and energetic, except this one. He wasn't able to get any air time or run all that very fast. At the end of their games they usually have to trot off the ground pretty quickly. All the kids left the ground but the tubby little fellow couldn't break into more than a light canter broken by occasional walks.

He was still coming off as the players and ump were coming on and a parent from the side ran in and picked him up to carry him off.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that Auskick can be hilariously entertaining.

I've had recreational drugs with more nutritional value than McDonalds ;)

If you mysteriously stop posting for a couple of weeks we'll know the BigFooty medical officers have intervened

Remove this Banner Ad

Back