Sponsor Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

All good with Neds. Neds copy has to come down during live sporting events which is in compliance with ACMA gambling legislation that is applicable to the entire industry.

But it is ok for the logo to be on the Guernsey? During games?
That seems a strange ruling.

Occasionally someone mentions winning Lotto and sponsoring the club. If you are not a corporate entity do they just put your name there eg McMum's Lions or does it require some corporate presence to work?

I suppose if all else fails Chief might let us get away with Bigfooty Lions!
I don't see any reason that wouldn't work, you could always register your name as an entity.

With or without franchising people to push mowers around, Jimmy.

I don't see any reason that wouldn't work, you could always register your name as an entity.

With or without franchising people to push mowers around, Jimmy.

I’ve decided to be a one-off jumper sponsor for the Easter Thursday game.

I am the CEO of a frozen dessert company called Cold Pies.

With one sleep before the Brisbane Lions season opener the Club can proudly announce that Workit Workwear has come on board as an official partner for the 2019 season.

In return for their support, Workit’s signage will proudly be displayed at all home games at The Gabba and digitally on the Lions’ website and social channels.

Workit provides safe, affordable and functional clothing for workers on job sites. Through their cutting-edge design and technology, the proudly Australian-owned brand is determined to produce clothing that fits the needs and desires of all Aussies on job sites.

Lions CEO Greg Swann said the Club was thrilled to welcome a reputable brand into the fold.
“Workit Workwear provide important clothing for hard working Aussies across the country,” Swann said.

“We are delighted they are backing our Lions team in 2019.

“We hope this will be just the start of this partnership.”
Michael Del Casale, General Manager of Workit Workwear echoed Swann’s sentiments.
“We’re thrilled to be part of the Brisbane Lions family,” he said.

“We see this as the perfect medium to promote our brand to Australian consumers through AFL football.

“We wish the team the best for the weekend and for a successful year ahead.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So as far as you're concerned there are no nuances and grey areas?

I agree that the addict has to eventually want to get better of their own volition but IMO we should throw all the support and counselling at them that we can and not be too judgmental and self righteous.

So how is all that support and counseling going with Ben Cousins? Classic example of if you don’t want to make change, if you don’t make the choice for change it doesn’t happen. It starts with choice. Nobody forces people to gamble, to smoke or to drink. It starts with a choice.

Not judging these guys either, they are where they are through their own decisions. But don’t hold our club responsible for them. Our club has economic needs, we struggle to make a dollar. Why punish the club in the form of knocking back sponsorship for the predicament others find themselves in through their own choices?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
So how is all that support and counseling going with Ben Cousins? Classic example of if you don’t want to make change, if you don’t make the choice for change it doesn’t happen. It starts with choice. Nobody forces people to gamble, to smoke or to drink. It starts with a choice.

Not judging these guys either, they are where they are through their own decisions. But don’t hold our club responsible for them. Our club has economic needs, we struggle to make a dollar. Why punish the club in the form of knocking back sponsorship for the predicament others find themselves in through their own choices?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I agree with most of that particularly the bolded. Counselling/compassion/reaching out works for some though so IMO we should try, I don't think we should just say to addicts "toughen up sunshine and get your act together".

As I said early in this discussion I was against the Neds decision but have nothing against the club for going in that direction, I'm not getting my knickers in a knot over it.

I agree with most of that particularly the bolded. Counselling/compassion/reaching out works for some though so IMO we should try, I don't think we should just say to addicts "toughen up sunshine and get your act together".

As I said early in this discussion I was against the Neds decision but have nothing against the club for going in that direction, I'm not getting my knickers in a knot over it.
Hope you're supporting your club by wearing Workit knickers Jason. Hard as...to get them in a knot.

Occasionally someone mentions winning Lotto and sponsoring the club. If you are not a corporate entity do they just put your name there eg McMum's Lions or does it require some corporate presence to work?

I suppose if all else fails Chief might let us get away with Bigfooty Lions!

MacMum's Lions sounds just fine to me.... you wait til I win that 60mil this week in Oz lotto, will look mighty fine!:p;)

Very happy that the Neds sponsorship appears to be dead. Posters who gave other posters heat for being against it should take note. It's impossible to be morally perfect and very hard for a struggling club to reject money but it has too be done in the name of progress. I'm old enough to remember the crap people got for mildly protesting cigarette advertising and sponsorship. The same fight will need to be taken up against gambling companies, alcohol companies and probably fast food companies.

How weren't we proud?

Swann was quoted saying;

“We are so excited to welcome Neds to the Club,”

“To be able to find a new co-major partner in less than two weeks speaks to the positivity around the Club at the moment. All of our key off-field markers are up year on year, and we are so pleased that Neds wanted to be a part of that journey in 2019."

“We can’t wait to see Neds on the jumper Saturday as we open the season against the reigning premiers at the Gabba.”

“But we will not describe what Neds is or promote their business”

I’d be more than happy if they didn’t sell alcohol or fried food at the footy or served alcohol in the corporate suites.

Always surprises me seeing Mum and Dad’s At games with a kid(s) under 10 and they’re drinking alcohol.:rolleyes:

If that surprises you, you must have been born yesterday?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back