Sponsor Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Overpriced, ordinary coffee made by barely trained staff who they churn through. Food also overpriced given the options. Always my last choice for coffee.

giphy.gif

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Funnily enough their sponsorship of the lions, in particular the dumb ad with fages at games, made me actually want to try the food and coffee there, but I've never been near one when the mood for a cup takes me. Based on the comments here I may have dodged a bullet

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don't think they are. There's a Courier Mail article today whose headline suggests that, but when you read the actual article it's clear they're not closing down, just having difficulties adjusting to changes in the market.
Changes in the job market, where staff are less inclined to work Sundays and overtime for free, and the same market where more businesses are being exposed for their underpaying shenanigans? Likely.
Maybe saving their pennies for a huge back-pay.

Also a business model built on expansion and growth at almost any cost. The Brissy stores, however well patronised, are just the tip of the iceberg with 300 stores Australia wide and 60+ in each of Thailand and NZ. Add the usual challenges with franchises and a flooded coffee/cafe market and you have a recipe for ultimate failure.

lionraven

All Australian
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Coffee Club is a franchise model. Its trying to become like Subway. The stores that are failing are losses for the franchisee but I doubt it would greatly impact the Coffee Club as a franchise. These franchise type stores always expand greatly when consumer spending is up and then contract again when consumer confidence is down. So long as there is a nucleus of successful franchises, the Coffee Club will expand again when the economy turns back into its upswing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have noticed a number of the Coffee Clubs in our area have been taken over by Indians.
Some are doing better as a result (the people who have taken them over are nice and warm and welcoming).
And some are now Ghost towns (the people are not warm and welcoming) and I would imagine their profits have dropped dramatically as a result.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I have noticed a number of the Coffee Clubs in our area have been taken over by Indians.
Some are doing better as a result (the people who have taken them over are nice and warm and welcoming).
And some are now Ghost towns (the people are not warm and welcoming) and I would imagine their profits have dropped dramatically as a result.
Uber Coffee........now there is an idea.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
We’ll be announcing a new apparel partnership with Classic Sportswear within the next week or so.
Is this for real? As in they're our new kit sponsor?

If it is our kit sponsor, so the best we can hope for is some two bit rank outfit that does school leaver crap that is all the craze nowadays.

Good to see we're doing so well the likes of Adidas or Nike still aren't interested. Those blockbuster Thursday and Friday night games are doing wonders. :rolleyes:

Was wondering how long it would take for Dylan to break out the :rolleyes: over everything. Are we going to have to put up with you :rolleyes: about every little detail for the next month. Draw released, same day Dylan claiming the blockbuster games aren't attracting good enough sponsors :drunk:

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Was wondering how long it would take for Dylan to break out the :rolleyes: over everything. Are we going to have to put up with you :rolleyes: about every little detail for the next month. Draw released, same day Dylan claiming the blockbuster games aren't attracting good enough sponsors :drunk:
I haven't got to the Trade thread yet.

If it is our kit sponsor, so the best we can hope for is some two bit rank outfit that does school leaver crap that is all the craze nowadays.

Good to see we're doing so well the likes of Adidas or Nike still aren't interested. Those blockbuster Thursday and Friday night games are doing wonders. :rolleyes:

They’re making the clothes. Calm down champ

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer

100% mate, yep.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Great, look forward to buying a pair of Classic Sportswear trainers and supporting the club.

What a joke, another D grade category sponsor to go along with iconic brands such as Neds, Coffee Club, Hyundai and Oaks. :rolleyes:
I empathise with you - some uninspiring brands we have which Swann has organised pay us good sums of money. Oh well. It’s just business. Try focusing more on the maroon, blue and gold rather than the sponsors, I guess.

Oaks Resorts are fantastic, though; I stay with them on Collins St whenever I’m back in Melbourne. Top notch, great value for money.

Hyundai has been ranked third in Australian new car sales over the last three years. It's not all about the premium brands. The same could be said for Oaks. Sponsors of the more "desirable" brands are not beating our door down. I'm sure if the marketing experts here have a magic solution the club would be more than happy to hear from you.

Great, look forward to buying a pair of Classic Sportswear trainers and supporting the club.

What a joke, another D grade category sponsor to go along with iconic brands such as Neds, Coffee Club, Hyundai and Oaks. :rolleyes:

Wasn't aware they made trainers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back