Sponsorship and Pledges

Remove this Banner Ad

With all due respect to Dunney, I'd really like to see us sponsor somebody with a reasonable chance of "making it", and I'm not convinced that he's going to.

The player suggested seems very likely to make it and break our run of fail

Would rather wait and see who the club recommends, as someone who is personable and who be a good match, with their ability to interact with a different group of people for each event, that one or more of our group go too. Good on the club for looking at better options and player matches to suit us.

Would rather wait and see who the club recommends, as someone who is personable and who be a good match, with their ability to interact with a different group of people for each event, that one or more of our group go too. Good on the club for looking at better options and player matches to suit us.
Have to agree.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

The player suggested seems very likely to make it and break our run of fail

So we as sponsors dont get to vote on the player we sponsor this year?

Sounds like it's only a recommendation from the club and to me it seems a good move. They're reaching out and recognising our continued sponsorship.

I have kept the name suppressed in order to allow the two posters who have offered to organise the sponsorship to make the decisions as they will have all the club info and the donors' desires spelled out to them. I have as much input as you.

If you're willing to cross the divide, the "other forum" is sponsoring Daniel and hopefully one other from a group that has no sponsors yet.

I'm not doing this to cause an issue, you can delete the post if you like, just figured helping out an emerging saints player is the aim...whatever the banner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is essentially a gift of money to the club, the club rewards player sponsors by various event invitations and entitlements as well as access to the player sponsored

I've never really understood the sponsorship program. what's the money cover, strictly the event invitations? also who does it go to, the player personally, or the club itself?

I'd hope that the sponsorship covers more than the events themselves. I'm not sure what the total revenue is from sponsorship. But a player such as Riewoldt is around 3-5k to sponsor (?) and there's 4-5 sponsors max. That's 15-20k for one player and maybe 2-5k at minimum for the younger players who receive only 1-2 sponsors. A lot of the events would barely cost a cent (gameday experience, VFL day) but others the club would be out a bit ($250 per sponsor for B&F. Although realistically it's only a $90 loss). But still, the club should be making a fair chunk from this program.

The money goes to the club 100%. The players are already earning a massive pay check. The least they can do is give up a bit of their time!

The money goes to the club 100%. The players are already earning a massive pay check. The least they can do is give up a bit of their time!
Mind you, given a rookie's wages, I couldn't begrudge somebody giving Mav or Eli the odd Entertainment Book voucher to help out.

Could we sponsor one of Currens biceps and then have him wear an armband when he plays that says "Big Biceps - Big Footy!"?

Could we sponsor one of Currens biceps and then have him wear an armband when he plays that says "Big Biceps - Big Footy!"?
That'd solve the billboard problem.

to answer a couple of questions
Curren had 4 sponsors last year including the Angels- unlikely to 'lose' sponsors

the Development level players prove to be good value as the benefits are the same as for leading players- there are less players in the leadership group price range this year after the retirements--
if you choose a development player rather than a ' name' player then chance to have a chat without interuption and get to know the player is greater- ie if you choose Lenny or Roo etc you nopt only have a full board of sponsors but everyone else at the function wanting time...- less well known players -- ie Josh Bruce or Tom Simpkin- have more time and less demand and can be just as interesting to chat to

Value- for the last few years the cost of developement level has been equivalent to the cost of the functions if they were purchased seperately.
the Club makes it's money from the core and Leadership group sponsorships.
the money goes to the club- would need to check but it may be directed to the facilities or academy development.

- of course the value of functions is a seperate debate- I feel if the club is to make ends meet then it is good value for the club.

it doesn't matter how many sponsors a player has- each sponsor ( or sponsorship group) gets the same benefits.
there are 2 levels of sponsorship- Player sponsorship- each player can have up to 4 at this level
and Premium sponsorship- each player can only have 1 at this level extra benefits -( this years extra benefit is a trip to Adelaide and access to the team for the game over there)

I would actually fly back over to hang out with Tom Hickey for a night, he seems a right laugh and genuine block who appreciates his position.

Tom Hickey is a legend mate, he genuinely is a funny bloke. Will talk all night aswell if you let him!

Tom Hickey is a legend mate, he genuinely is a funny bloke. Will talk all night aswell if you let him!
But not arrogant, either. Yes, he never shuts up, but he's incredibly self-depracating, and doesn't take himself too seriously.

Seriously reckon he's our first ruck with Stanley ruck-forward this year. Longer will take a bit, well, longer to develop, and has time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back