Sponsorship and Pledges

Remove this Banner Ad

we would usually have discussed it by now.

there appears to be no real benefit for this board's sponsors to pay an extra $1800 for the premium sponsorship

let's consider the standard sponsorship

we will be able to sponsor the player we choose, but we probably will not be the sole standard sponsor of that player
(whereas if we chose to be a premium sponsor we we would definitely be the sole premium sponsor as they only allow one).

the cost is almost halved

the benefits are similar except the interstate trip

there has been much discussion about the club's poor recognition of sponsors' efforts and there has been seemingly little effort to redeem themselves making several contributors to the sponsorship feel underappreciated

we have the moral stance that we withdraw our sponsorship this year as a protest so they pick up their act - not only for us but for all sponsors' benefit and the long term benefit of the club

nevertheless the club needs our help now financially in order to compete and it would seem counter to our long term interests to starve the club of funds at this time

A moral stance that won't amount to much without an accompanying voice, as our position would simply be filled by another who won;t have the "baggage" that we've gathered along the way'

Stepping back from premium is a step int he right direction if youw ant to support the club as well as voice displeasure at handling, availability or etc. In any event, the decision needs to be made with some urgency to determine what we want to do as a group / syndicate / board, as it will take time to accumulate any amount of funds if we go ahead.

A moral stance that won't amount to much without an accompanying voice, as our position would simply be filled by another who won;t have the "baggage" that we've gathered along the way'

Stepping back from premium is a step int he right direction if youw ant to support the club as well as voice displeasure at handling, availability or etc. In any event, the decision needs to be made with some urgency to determine what we want to do as a group / syndicate / board, as it will take time to accumulate any amount of funds if we go ahead.

Is it worth starting to pledge so whoever is organising this years sponsorship already has some idea?

Is it worth starting to pledge so whoever is organising this years sponsorship already has some idea?

It would assume the $25 buy in is retained, I haven't re-read it but I seem to recall this was not the case and those who have / are taking over from Guide were reviewing this buy in amount.

I'm at work atm bludging like a boss, so I would also say that we would then have to compile a running list of pledges in total amounts per individual plus desired payment methods in ascending order that best scenario is probably patience until there's some concrete information to work with.

So just to clarify, Kildonan, was the decision to drop to the standard sponsorship rather than premium sponsorship BEFORE or AFTER your suggestion that we just pick whatever player the club was recommending? In other words, are we still going to sponsor that suggested player, or do we have some different options that we now have to choose from?

I'm fine either way, btw. It'll just be helpful, if we ARE getting to choose, to start the process of selection soon. Might I suggest that, whatever we decide the shares cost ($25, or something else), we vote based on shares? So, somebody who gets 3 shares gets 3 votes, etc?

So just to clarify, Kildonan, was the decision to drop to the standard sponsorship rather than premium sponsorship BEFORE or AFTER your suggestion that we just pick whatever player the club was recommending? In other words, are we still going to sponsor that suggested player, or do we have some different options that we now have to choose from?

I'm fine either way, btw. It'll just be helpful, if we ARE getting to choose, to start the process of selection soon. Might I suggest that, whatever we decide the shares cost ($25, or something else), we vote based on shares? So, somebody who gets 3 shares gets 3 votes, etc?

Don't think that will work, because last season we were still buying shares all through the season.

Don't think that will work, because last season we were still buying shares all through the season.

We were also premium sponsors, on the back of plenty of individuals opting in before, we did not get that same amount of buy in and as such we were left short funded and several of us had to pitch in extras. The core group we had / have is usually enough to cover the standard sponsorship.

We haven't made any decisions whatsoever yet - I've just put my thoughts out there

Last year we were too ambitious and didn't raise the funds we thought we could (premium sponsorship) and we had to resort to a drive for more funds half way through the season to repay L2M4G or his out of pocket expenses would have been considerable

We haven't made any decisions whatsoever yet - I've just put my thoughts out there

Last year we were too ambitious and didn't raise the funds we thought we could (premium sponsorship) and we had to resort to a drive for more funds half way through the season to repay L2M4G or his out of pocket expenses would have been considerable
From what you've said, the standard one will be fine. I don't see any point in us busting a gut to get the money, if the club isn't willing to bust a gut to honor that money.

Very disappointing on their part. But hey.

Yeah, I had a quick gander this morning and thought the premium sponsorship wasn't worthwhile for a syndicate like ours. I'm happy to go in again, when do we vote on our player?

I'd personally be interested in a tiered system with regards to shares, we are a syndicate and in a way the reward per share was skewing the benefits disproportionately from the get go, so I'd be for changing the 1 share = 1 chance to more a 2-3x = 1 chance to distribute more evenly amongst contributors. /throwing ideas around

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sammm and boydie have offered to organise the player sponsorship

They will start a new thread or two shortly and get the process started

Well done to both guys for taking this on. Much appreciated

I'd personally be interested in a tiered system with regards to shares, we are a syndicate and in a way the reward per share was skewing the benefits disproportionately from the get go, so I'd be for changing the 1 share = 1 chance to more a 2-3x = 1 chance to distribute more evenly amongst contributors. /throwing ideas around

Hey guys, If we are going to go with just normal sponsorship and say a "core" group player, would everyone be keen on $50each share to make it fairer for the raffle as per StFlys post?

That would mean 46 shares at $50 each

11 prizes over the year so would mean 11/46 chance of prize

we would usually have discussed it by now.

there appears to be no real benefit for this board's sponsors to pay an extra $1800 for the premium sponsorship

let's consider the standard sponsorship

we will be able to sponsor the player we choose, but we probably will not be the sole standard sponsor of that player
(whereas if we chose to be a premium sponsor we we would definitely be the sole premium sponsor as they only allow one).

the cost is almost halved

the benefits are similar except the interstate trip

there has been much discussion about the club's poor recognition of sponsors' efforts and there has been seemingly little effort to redeem themselves making several contributors to the sponsorship feel underappreciated

we have the moral stance that we withdraw our sponsorship this year as a protest so they pick up their act - not only for us but for all sponsors' benefit and the long term benefit of the club

nevertheless the club needs our help now financially in order to compete and it would seem counter to our long term interests to starve the club of funds at this time

As someone unfamiliar with your past experiences, and basically only having been on the board to talk Saints performances, what were the issues that occured previously? And what is the 'baggage' that's referenced with regard to this forum's contributors?

I'd say if you have valid reasons for being displeased (and to be honest I've long felt the Saints off-field stuff is shoddy, only now seems to be picking up making them roughly 3-4 years behind likes of Hawthorn), and those concerns have been highlighted but not addressed, then there's good enough reason to not sponsor anyone and instead write a letter and say to the club - 'this money was on the table and you've blown it, along with disenfranchising an active portion of the fan following'.
Nothing frustrates me more than when something I care about lets me down, and especially so when it's something they could easily make an improvement on. Performance during a game is one thing, you live with how your team plays. But failing to keep a website up to date? That's worse than amateur hour.

I don't understand the tiering and 'chances' being discussed, so will wait for the full info.

Boydie is going to call the club tomorrow to find out who has not been sponsored, this will help the decision in who to pick. I'll get a poll up of various players after tomorrow who to sponsor. pledges can be on this thread.
Payments will be in a separate thread.

I am pretty keen to keep going and give the club a chance to get this right, or at least bettera.
Guide has done such an AWESOME job with it over the last couple of years that I feel like we must keep this going as a bit of a legacy thing too!

I know Guide had a lot of his cashola tied up awaiting funds from pledged money so if we go ahead this year, we will prob want all funds upfront and then we will also do the raffle of prizes up front too!!

I will speak to the club about available players, players with no sponsors so far etc and see how we go from there, we would prob get more access to player if less sponsors?

Any more thoughts?

Hey guys, If we are going to go with just normal sponsorship and say a "core" group player, would everyone be keen on $50each share to make it fairer for the raffle as per StFlys post?

That would mean 46 shares at $50 each

11 prizes over the year so would mean 11/46 chance of prize
Personally there's more players that excite me on the development list but I'll go with the majority. Development player would also mean we only have to sell 38 shares.

Also not sure if it'll be 11 prizes as the photo opportunity usually takes place at one of the sponsor events, may only be 10 (still decent odds).

I'll probably start by pledging 2 shares if they're $50 each

personally rather get a development kid to sponsor. but we will see what happens.

Since I started this thread, I will modify it, remove the ? and put in the words and pledges.

Personally there's more players that excite me on the development list but I'll go with the majority. Development player would also mean we only have to sell 38 shares.

Also not sure if it'll be 11 prizes as the photo opportunity usually takes place at one of the sponsor events, may only be 10 (still decent odds).

I'll probably start by pledging 2 shares if they're $50 each

Only an example so far goodie, as per sammm and my recent posts, I will be contacting the club to see who hasnt got a sponsor or only 1 etc and we will put options to a poll tomorrow/wednesday.

Im sure the club will wanna know asap so will need cashola etc quickly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back