Opinion Sponsorship Discussion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pappagallo

#BringBackTheBars #Farken
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m surprised how quiet this thread has been apart from the obligatory red bull jokes (and I thank you all for your contributions on this front).

From memory last year there were rumours flying around everywhere from China to Turkey and some very credible posters were pretty optimistic about it all. This time around there’s been almost nothing. Barely a handful of “I was told” hearsay has been posted and even that hasn’t lasted more than a page or so.

None of this matters if the wheels are in motion behind the scenes, but I do wonder if we still have the handbrake on.

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m surprised how quiet this thread has been apart from the obligatory red bull jokes (and I thank you all for your contributions on this front).

From memory last year there were rumours flying around everywhere from China to Turkey and some very credible posters were pretty optimistic about it all. This time around there’s been almost nothing. Barely a handful of “I was told” hearsay has been posted and even that hasn’t lasted more than a page or so.

None of this matters if the wheels are in motion behind the scenes, but I do wonder if we still have the handbrake on.
Yeah that Turkey sponsorship that we supposedly had lined up (that Rooch knew about) is the one that I want to know about.

Powerstufff

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SANFL Magpies
Yeah that Turkey sponsorship that we supposedly had lined up (that Rooch knew about) is the one that I want to know about.
Having a jumper with 'turkey' written on it would put us pretty much in the situation of the poor fudge-packer below.

download.jpg

Doctor Feel

Shitposter In Chief
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Nothing is happening. We won't have another sponsor by R1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pappagallo

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nothing is happening. We won't have another sponsor by R1.
That’ll make it 18 months (and counting) without a replacement for Renault. What have we been doing in all that time? Are the people involved just not capable? Are we holding out for a bigger deal? Surely it’s time to re-evaluate things here because whatever we’re currently doing clearly isn’t working.

Pappagallo

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Remember that time we had our shit together for like, a year?
Apart from 2015 and 2016 it’s been a revolving door for the last decade.

2010 - Vodafone/Bianco for MyATM/AussieATM (yikes)
2011 - AussieATM for Soaring Securities (double yikes)
2012 - MyATM/Soaring Securities for VIP/Foodbank
2013 - Foodbank for Renault
2014 - VIP for EnergyAustralia
2015 - What is this?
2016 - No seriously, what is this?
2017 - EnergyAustralia for OAK
2018 - Renault for Free Advertising

How can clubs like North and GWS figure this shit out but we can’t with double/triple the membership base to sell to prospective sponsors? It’s not as if those clubs are flush with FTA exposure either.

Papa G

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lol at getting a small dodgy start up stock broking firm immediately post GFC as a major sponsor. I mean, no wonder we were being talked about being folded.

Pappagallo

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lol at getting a small dodgy start up stock broking firm immediately post GFC as a major sponsor. I mean, no wonder we were being talked about being folded.
We probably didn’t see a cent from those charlatans anyway. It would’ve been better to give Foodbank exposure for an extra year. Shit maybe we should do it again.

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This is when we need Rucci to actually put some heat the people in charge and write a story about the elusive JMS.

TeeKray

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Moderator #4,720
How can clubs like North and GWS figure this shit out but we can’t with double/triple the membership base to sell to prospective sponsors? It’s not as if those clubs are flush with FTA exposure either.
North are a Melbourne club therefore they are automatically a more attractive sponsorship option than us, regardless of being half the size in supporter base terms. They also appear to have a fantastic, long term relationship with Mazda which is probably more luck than good management on their part.

GWS are the AFL's baby. One of their major sponsors is Virgin, who are also a major sponsor of the AFL. It's not a coincidence.

Doctor Feel

Shitposter In Chief
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We probably didn’t see a cent from those charlatans anyway. It would’ve been better to give Foodbank exposure for an extra year. Shit maybe we should do it again.
We wouldn't have.

Athan Lekkas is a crooked as they come. He has swindled thousands of people's money across many failed business he sat as CE on. XPED a recent example. Another is FGF.

His modus operandi is to get controlling stakes through share issues as remuneration - then vote in huge salary packages for himself. He was on half a million dollars at XPED for a company that hasn't turned a dime in its lifetime. Additional to that 500k per annum he was issued millions of shares for free.

He also signs off on what is effectively fabricated garbage in company announcements in which they name drop big companies and use vague wordings.

Gets his mates and family to buy in using their trusts, launches all this vague hype news which they all sell into and then watch it fall steadily till he quits - making no progress over the period he's in charge and threatening legal action against those who question him online.

As dodgy as they come. ASIC are ******* useless.

Top Bottom