Opinion Sponsorship Discussion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In the early 1990's I was the civil engineer in charge of the concrete works for the continuous caster project at BHP Whyalla.

The first 6 months of the 2 years work there was spent living in a caravan at the Foreshore caravan park (after just getting married) as there was no rental accommodation available. Paid off the first home thanks to that project.

Very happy to see more money invested in Whyalla.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Moderator #4,778
Australian Story ran a story of Sanjeev Gupta's investment in Whyalla and how the workers did their bit to secure that outcome - The Town that Saved Itself ...

The South Australian steel town of Whyalla was facing extinction two years ago.

A one-company town, its big employer, Arrium, went bust and the jobs of 3,000 steelworkers were hanging in the balance. But the town was determined to save itself.

Workers voted in favour of a 10 per cent pay cut and were rewarded when British billionaire Sanjeev Gupta came to town.

https://www.abc.net.au/austory/the-town-that-saved-itself/10286028

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The one property spruiker I have time for has mentioned good old Port Adelaide.

Port Adelaide, SA

In addition to the space agency, Adelaide is also getting a new submarine base and shipyard which is expected to bring in another 4,000 jobs to the area.

Sitting adjacent to the base and 20 minutes from Adelaide’s CBD, Port Adelaide’s median house price is just $350,000, despite nearby suburbs averaging above $600,000,

“When you add to that, that it is on the peninsula and right by the coast, I think it’s a no-brainer,” she says.

https://www.yourmoney.com.au/real-e...-1EIY6I7dLZ2YTq8uTZkoxgvdsrLKviVUjlK6WPsjsn7c

GremioPower

"The 'status quo' is not acceptable"
Uruguayana, RS (BRA) [last: Rockville, MD (USA)]
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Cleveland Indian
Top Bottom