Opinion Sponsorship Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rucci won't write SFA about this. He knows some things are off limits. This would be one of them.

He was quite happy to sink the boot in about the club from top to bottom before the move to Adelaide Oval. It'd be nice for someone in the media who is Port aligned to hold us accountable.

He was quite happy to sink the boot in about the club from top to bottom before the move to Adelaide Oval. It'd be nice for someone in the media who is Port aligned to hold us accountable.
I agree, but the lack of "media" about the JMS should tell you that the club has put a stop to it.

We give more access than anyone else, I'd bet the club calls in favours when needed.

I agree, but the lack of "media" about the JMS should tell you that the club has put a stop to it.

We give more access than anyone else, I'd bet the club calls in favours when needed.

That's Koch's legacy effectively. "We'll give you all the warm and fuzzy stories and access you want and be an open book, but please don't report on gross mismanagement and negligence at the top level thanks.

I have faith that the club has the JMS under control. I suspect finding a sponsor prepared to kick in substantial $ has not been the issue, especially when the global economy is purring like it is for the moment.

We need the right sponsor and with the 150 year celebrations almost on our doorstep, it is a huge opportunity for this sponsor which will no doubt have global reach with significant Chinese exposure.

If it’s to do with Whyalla I won’t be surprised.

Do you think Port Adelaide and Sanjeev Gupta might get involved in some mutually beneficial community building?

As long as we don't have a Whyalla wipeout ;)

Do you think Port Adelaide and Sanjeev Gupta might get involved in some mutually beneficial community building?

As long as we don't have a Whyalla wipeout ;)

The Club has, sensibly, been focused on Whyalla for a while, with Gupta and Liberty Steel, naturally, first and biggest shiny new car in the showroom. There was even talk of a JLT match being played in Whyalla at one stage. Let’s see if our new young commercial point men, our Mad Men, can pull it off.

The Club has, sensibly, been focused on Whyalla for a while, with Gupta and Liberty Steel, naturally, first and biggest shiny new car in the showroom. There was even talk of a JLT match being played in Whyalla at one stage. Let’s see if our new young commercial point men, our Mad Men, can pull it off.
Plus China Railway Group are involved with building some of the "Iron Road" which is both the name of the ASX listed company and the name for a series of related projects around the iron ore body on the Eyre Peninsula. KT has been talking to people involved in this and a few other things associated with the west coast long before Gupta appeared on the scene, since late 2016.

https://www.ironroadlimited.com.au/central-eyre-iron-project

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/busi...t/news-story/4e783f3c629bbbc3c4d4025d75cf2124

This ore body and the related projects is part of the reason why Gupta was so attracted to Whyalla.

Iron Road Community Sponsorship
As part of Iron Road Limited’s commitment to South Australia and in particular the regions across the Eyre Peninsula the project influences, part of the annual budget is allocated to community grants and sponsorship.
The aim of the Iron Road sponsorship strategy is to promote projects and activities which show sustainable benefits to the community and support local endeavour in the area’s which Iron Road operates.
All sponsorship and donation applications should be in writing (email application is accepted) including a completed Iron Road CEIP Sponsorship & Donations Request Form. Additional material such as brochures and background information may also be included at the applicant’s discretion. The application will be evaluated by the Iron Road Sponsorship & Donations Committee.
Applications will be assessed according to the availability of funds and the ability of the application to meet the Iron Road sponsorship framework and criteria. This will give an indication of the value of the event to the community and Iron Road.
Iron Road’s Stakeholder Engagement Manager will make the final determination on funding.
Successful applicants may be required to undertake certain obligations to recognise their partnership with Iron Road CEIP.

Port_to_Port_FunRun_20140920.JPG

The Central Eyre Iron Project - CEIP is a magnetite deposit - and there are 14 billion tonnes of magnetite underground in South Australia. Magnetite is a higher-grade, value-added iron ore sought after by international steelmakers because of its low impurities and greater energy efficiency according to the Tsier story I linked. Its probably why Gupta is considering a 10m tonnes a year steel plant to make it one of the biggest steel mills in the world. This deposit represents only about 4% of the 14 billion tonnes.

Gupta appears to be very community minded in his relationship with Whyalla. Given Port Adelaide's rural and remote community programs which would provide benefits to the area there is a natural connection between Gupta and Port that transcends commercial considerations. Something Lockhart Road has emphasised as part of Port's international sponsorship strategy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back