Opinion Sponsorship Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Gupta appears to be very community minded in his relationship with Whyalla. Given Port Adelaide's rural and remote community programs which would provide benefits to the area there is a natural connection between Gupta and Port that transcends commercial considerations. Something Lockhart Road has emphasised as part of Port's international sponsorship strategy.
Apparently i heard a new multi million dollar hotel being built on the foreshore. Contract already signed Increasing production at the steelworks from 1 million to 1.8 million tonnes with new rolling mill and blast furnaces being built and upgraded plus other areas of the old 1960's plant. Long term plans to increase to 10 million tonnes production from chinese tech state of the art steel plant. Building a multi billion dollar solar plant capable of producing up to 300mega watts per year.

https://www.whyallanewsonline.com.au/story/5805167/a-historic-day-for-our-city/

A ‘next gen’ mega steel plant. A new rolling mill. A coal plant. A foreshore hotel. A horticulture project. A new organic recycling business. All announced within one hour. All worth millions of dollars.

In the early 1990's I was the civil engineer in charge of the concrete works for the continuous caster project at BHP Whyalla.

The first 6 months of the 2 years work there was spent living in a caravan at the Foreshore caravan park (after just getting married) as there was no rental accommodation available. Paid off the first home thanks to that project.

Very happy to see more money invested in Whyalla.

Last edited:

Australian Story ran a story of Sanjeev Gupta's investment in Whyalla and how the workers did their bit to secure that outcome - The Town that Saved Itself ...

The South Australian steel town of Whyalla was facing extinction two years ago.

A one-company town, its big employer, Arrium, went bust and the jobs of 3,000 steelworkers were hanging in the balance. But the town was determined to save itself.

Workers voted in favour of a 10 per cent pay cut and were rewarded when British billionaire Sanjeev Gupta came to town.

https://www.abc.net.au/austory/the-town-that-saved-itself/10286028

A long way to go before the Whyalla thing becomes concrete, the feasibility study will need a heap of government money in it to make it a go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always wondered why Toyota don't sponsor us. Anyway, about to buy a Renault Koleos.

Red Bull are hiring Software Engineers. You know what this means right? Join the dots sheeple.

Red Bull wants to create a game based on the Red Bull Air Race?

Red Bull wants to create a game based on the Red Bull Air Race?

Kochie is full of hot air.

Hot air creates updrafts for aircraft.

Red Bull to Sponsor Port confirmed.

The one property spruiker I have time for has mentioned good old Port Adelaide.

Port Adelaide, SA

In addition to the space agency, Adelaide is also getting a new submarine base and shipyard which is expected to bring in another 4,000 jobs to the area.

Sitting adjacent to the base and 20 minutes from Adelaide’s CBD, Port Adelaide’s median house price is just $350,000, despite nearby suburbs averaging above $600,000,

“When you add to that, that it is on the peninsula and right by the coast, I think it’s a no-brainer,” she says.

https://www.yourmoney.com.au/real-e...-1EIY6I7dLZ2YTq8uTZkoxgvdsrLKviVUjlK6WPsjsn7c

At today's presser announcing Richo as new CEO.

1604063217061.png

At end of last night's B&F - Hank being asked about his win.

1604063245957.png

On Thursday 15th October day before the PF at Ken's presser.

1604063303614.png

On Monday 12th October, Richo at his presser announcing 22,000 tickets sold within first 1/2 hour. for the PF.

1604063394316.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back