Sponsorship Search

Remove this Banner Ad

timelord

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2002
Other Teams
OK everyone - I am now officially listed as DESPERATE

Great Southern Railway is paying absolutely no attention to my needs, and not offering to help in any way with my hassle in getting access to Perth for the research that I can only do there for my historical project. I have big trouble flying, and bus is O-U-T. Now GSR have cut me off from the cheap seats because of "policy" so I need a heap of money to overcome this problem!

The issue is overnight travel. I have to sleep flat out. Now before March 2003 I could sleep on the floor in the economy seating section. Not any more. They cut it off completely even if you DON'T put your feet across the aisle (which I wasn't). There are only two other classes on board the Indian Pacific and they are both sleeping berths. The economy sleeping berth is an option, but only if I get a guarentee that I get it to myself - which knowing GSR they won't give because they'll demand that I go first class, or they won't carry me. So that restricts my options to just one - first class.

The amount I need (to be exact) is $1618. Now I know that no single person in here could provide me with that right off the bat - and nor do I expect it (although it would be gratefully received!! :) ). I know there are a lot of Adelaide based members here, and just maybe if a bunch of you could get together for something that might help. I can contribute myself of course, but that would be limited to probably about $250 to $300 maximum - which leaves more than $1300. This is a concession fare BTW!

And there is of course the possibility that someone here might know someone who may be able to help me out themselves. Or the old "friend of a friend" thing!

Kev or Mac - could you sticky this thread please?

Hey Phil,

Good luck with the search for sponsorship of your condition.

Just a question here though. Have you brought this up with an health group that has something to do with your condition?

So far Suzie I've tried the WA and SA state governments, the WAFC and no soap so far. I'd wait for the enquiry I mentioned on the Political Board (which I have now left for good because of those morons) but that won't show fruit until next year, and I need to get to Perth before the beginning of the 2005 footy season.

Private sponsorship isn't exactly the way to go.

The ASSN is for parents with Aspies only. There are no specific organisations that fund this sort of thing. I know the Victorian government haven't got anything of that nature, and WA only fund WA residents (which I don't object to). I haven't heard back from SA yet.

So options are very limited - hence this thread. I don't like begging, but it's getting as though I have no choice. Bloody embarrassing! :eek:

timelord said:
So far Suzie I've tried the WA and SA state governments, the WAFC and no soap so far. I'd wait for the enquiry I mentioned on the Political Board (which I have now left for good because of those morons) but that won't show fruit until next year, and I need to get to Perth before the beginning of the 2005 footy season.

Private sponsorship isn't exactly the way to go.

The ASSN is for parents with Aspies only. There are no specific organisations that fund this sort of thing. I know the Victorian government haven't got anything of that nature, and WA only fund WA residents (which I don't object to). I haven't heard back from SA yet.

So options are very limited - hence this thread. I don't like begging, but it's getting as though I have no choice. Bloody embarrassing! :eek:
I did see something when I looked up sponsorship. I noticed that VICNET have got something going there.

Best of luck with your search, Phil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BB and Otaku you are having your say on the other board so why not just keep your noses out of what you don't agree with.

Timelord, why do you have trouble flying? LIke you are just scared, or is it condition related? Just bite the bullet and get on a plane FFS. For the money you will save compered to the train you could afford to take a mate along to help you through it.

Or pay a couple of hundred bucks to a shrink and get your fear of flying looked at.

Or at least just advertise on BF for a sympathetic truckie to give you a lift, but sheesh $1600 is a bit steep.

What is this "historical project"? I know if I have hobbies I can;t afford I just have to give them up.

funkyfreo said:
BB and Otaku you are having your say on the other board so why not just keep your noses out of what you don't agree with.

why should I? He is being a low piece of shyte, begging for money. Seems perfectly reasonable for me to tell him what I think of his actions.

He will never learn otherwise.

otaku said:
why should I? He is being a low piece of shyte, begging for money. Seems perfectly reasonable for me to tell him what I think of his actions.

He will never learn otherwise.
You do realise that you are picking on an disabled person. Only primary school kids pick on the disabled. Show a bit of respect and don't be a dumb-arse about it.

bunsen burner said:
This comment from the queen of running to the mods to get people banned. Don't be doing no breeding now.
I am sticking up for a friend of mine, numbnuts. If you don't give a continental then why are you posting your dumb-arse material on here?

bunsen burner said:
You're doing the same thing, no?

How am I doing the same? I've made some contructive suggestions, you are just crapping on the guy.

goaldrush1977 said:
You do realise that you are picking on an disabled person. Only primary school kids pick on the disabled. Show a bit of respect and don't be a dumb-arse about it.

he is not intellectually disabled. AS doesnt not run hand in hand with diminished mental capacity. Usually people with AS are of normal to high intelligence.

Thus he can learn. If you play up to his demands for sympathy, you are merely reinforcing bad behavioural traits.

Why is this thread on the Regional Leagues board?

Does it have anything to do with footy?

Yes it does, DBcrow - but it's been hijacked by a couple of intolerant jerks who have absolutely no idea.

Go back to the first message and read through it - and place otaku and bunsen bummer on ignore. That's what they deserve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back