Sponsorship Search

Remove this Banner Ad

timelord said:
OK Otaku, BB and Monkey. THIS is what I'm talking about! Constructive criticism!

The details of the project itself are already on my website - so the Geocities suggestion is not required.

www.philsworld.com.au/f/prj/details.html

The rest of that is fair enough. I assumed that all the members here were already aware of my project so I didn't think it was neccessary to do the above. I know Kev is aware of it - after all his website and mine are along similar lines. I am upgrading my website by the end of the year, but the money issue does need to be sorted by then. I'll fly in March 2005 if I have to, but I would be taking a damn big risk - and I'm not sure Qantas or Virgin Blue would take it either which is probably the bigger problem.

In spite of that, there was no need for those two jerks and now Monkey to jump up and down and wreck this like they have. Even you must agree that what BB said about me committing suicide was totally out of line.

you are a right tosser.

Yes, you have a disability. Yes, it limits you. But for christs sake, take responsibility for your own actions. Dont expect other poeple to shoulder your load.

Last edited by a moderator:
MonkeyButterer said:
Guess what? Noone gets public transport that meets their desires - everyone compromises. I dont sleep in upright seats either, but if i cant spring for a sleeper, then guess what? i dont sleep. Many many people throw up in planes. Thats why they have sick bags. I'd prefer to have a whole sleeper to myself too, but unless i want to pay for the whole damn thing, i'm not going to get one.

Where does the AS end and just being a tw@t begin??

And before you start, dont hit me with "you dont know what its like to be disabled" bollocks. My niece has cerebral palsy, and i know how it rules her life. I'm also aquainted with another CP sufferer who likes working out, but the CP makes that pretty tough. However, he doesnt demand that anyone make special equiptment for him, or any other allowances. He has his training partner *tie him to a board* so he can do dumbell curls.

That is a legitimate *hard man*. He gets his sh*t sorted regardless of his disability, which is a far greater one than an upset stomach, not being able to sleep lying down and a predisposition do things your own way.

Get a ********ing grip.
FFS he has got a form of Autism. He has already told us that he can't get a job because of his condition so he has to look for sponsorship to get money to fund his way through life.

As for getting a grip, I am doing the right thing by pulling my finger out and helping Phil out here. I suggest for you do to do the same otherwise don't reply with your smart arse comments. Phil doesn't want that. I don't particulary want to see Phil get really angry and if he does it will probably be you and BB and otaku in the firing line.
We don't want to have an argument over it. So pull your head in.

Have you got any handy contacts that Phil can contact to help him with his cause?

Last edited by a moderator:
timelord said:
Because he is understood. I'm not! The chess master wouldn't step onto a soccer field because he knows better!

It would seem that another symptom of AS is a determined ability to miss the point. I wasn't suggesting that you should compete in the NY marathon, or strap yourself to a board at the gym, but that disabilities, even staggering disabilites, can in fact be overcome if you have the desire.

And i can pratically garantee that any CP sufferer would take AS over it anyday of the week.

timelord said:
You don't know what it's like to have a psychological disability which is NOT the same thing. So shut up.

Actually, i'm a diagnosed ADD enjoyer....(note lack of the word sufferer). I'm not medicated, even though i could be if i wished, and i get along just fine. I have a job i'm good at, make plenty o' money, got a house and a dog and everything. ADD is IMHO pretty damn low on the mental "disorder" totem pole, but i do understand what it is to have your brain do things you dont necessarily want it to do.

The real kicker in the "i have a disorder" equation is that when i was a kid, i was a "daydreamer" - imaginative, creative, but hard to keep on track. Then a few years later, the same seemingly positive traits had me diagnosed with a "disorder" for which is should be medicated.

******** that.

otaku said:
you are a right tosser.

Yes, you have a disability. Yes, it limits you. But for christs sake, take responsibility for your own actions. Dont expect other poeple to shoulder your load.
With you and your two mates not helping out it does make it hard.

MonkeyButterer said:
It would seem that another symptom of AS is a determined ability to miss the point. I wasn't suggesting that you should compete in the NY marathon, or strap yourself to a board at the gym, but that disabilities, even staggering disabilites, can in fact be overcome if you have the desire.

And i can pratically garantee that any CP sufferer would take AS over it anyday of the week.

Wanna take a bet on that last remark? I doubt it! Because you'd LOSE! A CP sufferer would crumple in microseconds with AS because of the different line of thinking caused by the lack of social instinct! Oh - and if that's what's caused me to miss your point then that's about the first thing you got right. Or are you missing mine? Thats the more likely!

MonkeyButterer said:
Actually, i'm a diagnosed ADD enjoyer....(note lack of the word sufferer). I'm not medicated, even though i could be if i wished, and i get along just fine. I have a job i'm good at, make plenty o' money, got a house and a dog and everything. ADD is, IMHO opinion, pretty damn low on the mental "disorder" totem pole, but i do understand what it is to have your brain do things you dont necessarily want it to do.

Aspergers is worse than ADD. I know because I have two friends who both have it, and they readily acknowledge that my issues are worse than theirs. They've seen it! That's a CRUCIAL difference! The two disorders are related - that's true (along with ADHD and of course Autism) but they aren't exactly the same.

I do agree with you about one. If you don't need medication you are doing well. I'm not on medication, because I don't need it. You can't medicate understanding.

goaldrush1977 said:
Trust me, we are working on it.

That will be the next step.

Ignore him, Suzie. He's actually doing the wrong thing by blasting me, because THAT is what will solidify what he calls "bad behavioural traits". Not the pampering that he's talking about. The more people have a go at me, the stronger my position and resistance will be - so it'll get him nowhere. That's why I demand constructive criticism.

And you know that through experience! ;)

If I am attacked - I'll attack back. It's the old "treat a person as they treat you" thing. And it's going to take a lot to change that because I have always believed that to be the right thing to do.

timelord said:
Ignore him, Suzie. He's actually doing the wrong thing by blasting me, because THAT is what will solidify what he calls "bad behavioural traits". Not the pampering that he's talking about. The more people have a go at me, the stronger my position and resistance will be - so it'll get him nowhere. That's why I demand constructive criticism.

And you know that through experience! ;)

If I am attacked - I'll attack back. It's the old "treat a person as they treat you" thing. And it's going to take a lot to change that because I have always believed that to be the right thing to do.

well, shows you have some sort of social understanding then, doesn't it?

If you consider things logically, you would see that your attitude will get you nowhere. Expecting people to pity you because you have a disability is low.

Get out there, give it a go and dont expect other people to shoulder your baggage - and you will find your life is better all round.

otaku said:
well, shows you have some sort of social understanding then, doesn't it?

If you consider things logically, you would see that your attitude will get you nowhere. Expecting people to pity you because you have a disability is low.

Get out there, give it a go and dont expect other people to shoulder your baggage - and you will find your life is better all round.

HOW??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back