Radio Sport on radio: SEN, Triple M, 3AW, ABC, 6PR, 5AA, 4BC, 2UE, RSN

Remove this Banner Ad

Is McClure gunna do the 3AW show on his own? What are they thinkin'? He's only bearable when someone like Healy is there to occasionally make him pull his head in. I suppose they'll have regular guests through the footy season, which will help, not that Richo and Lloyd have dynamic personalities

Last edited:
Ia McClure gunna do the 3AW show on his own? What are they thinkin'? He's only bearable when someone like Healy is there to occasionally make him pull his head in. I suppose they'll have regular guests through the footy season, which will help, not that Richo and Lloyd have dynamic personalities

I think they announced that they were dropping down to one host in each state..I think your right, come football season there will be plenty of regular guest.who could be on for most of the show.

Adam White's last day at RSN today. Not sure where he is off too. I think he had both on and off air roles at RSN but maybe Bensley is changing things up.

Last edited:
Adam White's last day at RSN today. Not sure where he is off too. I think he had both on and off air roles at RSN but maybe Bensley is changing things up.
He resigned

Two aspects apparently
His wife is going back to work so Adam has dad duties full-time
And
He wasn't on board with the direction the show was going

He was a superb radio host

He resigned

Two aspects apparently
And

I listen on podcasts and of all days, they haven't got a link to the entire show or his farewell speech.
And yes he was/is great because he isn't afraid to challenge the narrative that all the bandwagoners preach.

He resigned

Two aspects apparently
And

Yep he knew his sport …big loss. He was quite emotional in his farewell speech as was Harf

Yep he knew his sport …big loss. He was quite emotional in his farewell speech as was Harf
Andrew Bensley hasn't wasted much time making changes. Gone back to racing only after the breakfast club where as RSN Central had a lot of sport.

Also Saturdays racing now just covers Victoria and Sydney racing in detail rather than racing from all around Australia something that I find really annoying personally.

Last edited:
I listen on podcasts and of all days, they haven't got a link to the entire show or his farewell speech.
And yes he was/is great because he isn't afraid to challenge the narrative that all the bandwagoners preach.
Very disappointing that the podcast did not contain his farewell speech. And probably an indication he didn't leave on good terms with managenment.

Rare insight from you're quite brilliant Shane on AW "when I took leave last winter when there was nothing for me to do at the station..." Actually, he isn't half bad at regular morning, news-based radio

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie McGuire not listed as a regular caller, so hopefully he will do very few games.

Not a huge fan of Tony Leonard as a caller, nor You're Quite Brilliant. But the rest of the team is really good. This station is still my go-to for the footy.

3AW is Football (except on Thursday nights).

I'd like it to be but their combinations are no good; Hudson (good), Eva (horrific). Lane (good), Leonard (painful). Granland (good), McInnes (mediocre).
I am agnostic about Bruce Eva as a caller. Would probably take him over Eddie. Always worth a listen when the Saints are getting towelled!

Like many, am torn between sticking with the excellent regulars on 3AW (Lloyd, Matthews and Richo) but putting up with McClure or going to Gerard and Kornes. I'll probably just podcast the best bits from both.

Reading between the lines of the media days, I think this might be Tim Lane's final season although I hope not!

Like many, am torn between sticking with the excellent regulars on 3AW (Lloyd, Matthews and Richo) but putting up with McClure or going to Gerard and Kornes. I'll probably just podcast the best bits from both.

Reading between the lines of the media days, I think this might be Tim Lane's final season although I hope not!
Yep, to state the obvious, Healy leaving that show puts a canyon in it. I don't think I listened to McClure once when he did the SEN show on his own

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back