Radio Sport on radio: SEN, Triple M, 3AW, ABC, 6PR, 5AA, 4BC, 2UE, RSN

Boy oh boy wow wee, new ratings. :D

Very little change for SEN. Tiny rises for most slots, but a slightly better increase for Frank and Ox (3.7 to 4.2), and a little dip for Finey (4.2 from 4.5)

Ratings%20survey%207%202016_zpsi7py9myc.png

Where does RSN sit?

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
As someone who doesn't listen to AW at all. The fact it's the biggest station in the city is one of those things that make me go "hmmm"

There are still a hell of a lot of old people in this city who want a forum to bitch about kids these days and to whinge about the price of milk.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm an oldie and have never liked Bruce and Phil show (minus Bruce now) too depressing and morbid for me..

I don't mind Ross and John, Neil Mitchell likes drama, the more the better. Nah, 3AW is NOT for this oldie.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I don't know enough about Radio Ratings and SEN trends but this was for the period 14 August to 29 October which I would of thought would be one of SEN's big surveys given AFL finals and trade period ect.

Trade Radio is popular but not as easily accessible as SEN.

MISFITS

All Australian
Dec 2, 2010
Northcote
AFL Club
Collingwood
RSN's more serious style will suit Harford, and he has enough footy contacts to ensure that side is covered - Not so sold on Richardson in terms of sporting knowledge, but he will do well with the racing side - Harford and Richardson did a good job of selling themselves to RSN.
I would have said the opposite.
Richardson is an astute computer head when it comes to footy and racing.
Harford Is continually waiting on his headset to give him facts. Such a poorly informed DJ. And that forced annoying laugh.
I remember the afternoon Harftime show.
He used to have Richardson and Rita on a Friday as guests.
Talk about a shrinking violet.
He became a spectator to his guests.

I would have said the opposite.
Richardson is an astute computer head when it comes to footy and racing.
Harford Is continually waiting on his headset to give him facts. Such a poorly informed DJ. And that forced annoying laugh.
I remember the afternoon Harftime show.
He used to have Richardson and Rita on a Friday as guests.
Talk about a shrinking violet.
He became a spectator to his guests.

fake laugh. interesting, that's been mentioned here before (re: harf). similar to frank leach. both do it

I don't find Harf fake at all....or Richo. Harf comes across as a very genuine guy imo. Doesn't get abusive, like some, always cheerful and just seems an all round nice guy to me.

Richo is very knowledgeable about most sports imo. They work well together.

i dont think harf knows what abuse means. he never abuses callers or guests. he's very much neutral.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Where does RSN sit?
My guess is that with this system they'd be under 2 over all. I think they told the survey people to jam it way back in 2004 when they felt they were shafted. I'm not sure if they now use electronic surveying; I vaguely remember hearing that they do.

------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday 21 April, 2004

'Melbourne's Sport 927 returns to the Federal Court again today to pursue a claim for damages.
The station went to court last month, claiming it had lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in advertising revenue, after learning that it was no longer listed by name in survey diaries, as of Survey #1 of 2004, yet was still listed in the results with every other listed station.
The move saw Commercial Radio Australia change its ratings' reporting policy. And, in the recent Survey #2 results, any audience share figures for Sport 927 were not published by Nielsen Media Research, which was also required to issue a public statement about the methodology used in Survey #1.

Sport 927 had been surveyed using the same methodology as when they were participants in the ratings' system. Under the new methodology, introduced this year (2004), listeners had to write in non-participating stations' names every quarter hour, making it harder for these stations to capture their listening in the same way as others.

Late last month, Sport 927 chief, Noel Crowe told Radioinfo: "this gives our competitors a chance to paint a poor picture of us in the market place.

Crowe said the station’s result of 0.6 %, down more than half of its previous survey figure, reflected the changed methodology and not the effect of new competitor SEN: "It’s very unlikely there was any effect from SEN – our research is showing that their breakfast show is affecting Triple M and 3AW most and may have a marginal effect on us but, when we go to racing after 9am, there is no overlap in their audience and ours."

Sport 927’s Newspoll survey conducted during January and February this year gave the station a cumulative audience of 327 000 people aged 18-plus throughout Victoria, with 221 000 in Melbourne.

When Bill Caralis was asked last month for his comments on developments, his spokesman, Bob Scott, told Radioinfo: "2SM asked to be deleted from the survey last year when they withdrew from the Sydney survey and the station’s position hasn’t changed.
Crowe believes Australia should have moved to an electronic survey system: "when the UK went to electronic measurement, the TalkSport station went from 1.8 million weekly listeners in the old diary system to 6.6 million -- a 250% difference!"
Sport 927 in Court for Ratings' 'Damages' - RadioInfo Australia

Last edited:

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
There are still a hell of a lot of old people in this city who want a forum to bitch about kids these days and to whinge about the price of milk.

Ross and John are OK but any other program is along the lines: "The Moozies and the Apex Gang are coming after my children" or
"Why don't we execute dole bludgers and reinstate the death penalty"

Ross and John are OK but any other program is along the lines: "The Moozies and the Apex Gang are coming after my children" or
"Why don't we execute dole bludgers and reinstate the death penalty"

all valid points. could feel tom elliotts erection through the airwaves yesterday

Back