Radio Sport on radio: SEN, Triple M, 3AW, ABC, 6PR, 5AA, 4BC, 2UE, RSN

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
What did Rex Hunt do? I missed it

Basically spat the dummy at his boss on air with a rant about how important his interview with Dipper (of all people..) was and how throwing to an advert would have gone against what 3AW stands for….with a little bit of self reference to his own importance thrown in.

Sort of thing that gets an old coot fired…

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I only just found out about it, he was interviewing Dippa and went overtime and didn't cut to a break.
It sounds like the Program Manager rang up and had a go at the Producer and then Rex had a go at the Program Manager live on air.
Basically spat the dummy at his boss on air with a rant about how important his interview with Dipper (of all people..) was and how throwing to an advert would have gone against what 3AW stands for….with a little bit of self reference to his own importance thrown in.
Sort of thing that gets an old coot fired…
Thanks. i found it. There are a couple of ads first.

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
That pest caller on SEN from about five, six years back - John from St Kilda who wants the Bulldogs to change back to "Footscray" has returned on AW this year, in particular Saturdays. As well as the Bulldogs line, he has a new bugbear, giving Mark Williams and Ross Lyon another senior job, he is clearly a troll and might be crazy in the coconut. Each week they let him on, and, despite him saying the same old crap with a finger holding his nose to disguise his voice, no-one picks him up it: until today. John gets on about Williams, and Caro goes "oh it's the Choco Williams caller..." Finally he has been outed I thought. Maybe 15 minutes later he is on again with another name, going on about Lyon and Carlton...Caro doesn't twig...and awards him the de Bortoli wine!!!

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
It bugs me that Sam McClure refers to pretty much EVERYONE that he interviews by their nickname, like he's best mates with all of them: "Lethers, Bozza, Bossy, Grothy, Vossy, Huss, Swanny, Perty, Garlo, Simmo, Macka, Roosy, Libba, Bevo, Johnno, Gleese, Westy, Graffy, Moods, Hammo, Solly, Wrighty", etc :grinv1:

Last edited:

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Another tech disaster on Sports Today just now...they had a song playing over an ad. break, smothering the commercials...so as make-goods, they have had to do ridiculously short segments - about one minute - before going back to ad. breaks

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
This is a perfect example of the 2nd-hour stuff-ups on 3AW's Sportsday. :grinv1:
Off-air stuff goes to air, and it ain't rare. This was broadcast last night on the regional affiliates. Yeah yeah, big deal, but's it amuses me, and one day they'll air something 'nasstee' :laughv1:

After 10 seconds:

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
Jack Heverin on the RSN Breakfast show went off his rocket at Novak being granted an exemption to play the Australian Open - It was unedifying and appalling radio by Heverin - Will he be on air tomorrow ?

Is RSN associated with CrocMedia-SEN-Hutchie ? Open their ad sales books , I think that both Federal and State media-buys would have put over $5million in the coffers of SEN in the last 20 months ... don't for one minute think GaryLyonTimWatson and cast do not know where the money for their salaries originates from ...

so peel back the layers to get true picture of true propaganda at work , cos Morrison and Andrews are a few layers and degrees of separation insulated from AusOPEN hijinks , and they would be quite comfortable with this deflection because when eyes on Novak , allEYESonNOLE because for last 18months the public enemy du jour , we have french literature's ProfReneGirard's perfect explication of scapegoat theory manifested(/pleonasm)

I would a.l.s.o absolve Jack Heverin in this instance- see: how US media explodes on wrongthink commentators like Berenson , Malone , McCullough, Naomi Wolf , Rogan

see: Djokavic , much like Kyrgios but for different reasons , public h8 figure numerous uno , which Andrews and Morrison perfectly content to be shielded by f.o.c.u.s. on Nole , ofcourse there will be blowback , but less than if focus squarely on SpringSt and Canberra with normal programming occurring .

now compare Novak to Geelong skipper Dangerfield doing his PSA , now go to Zero Hedge and look at their compilation of AssociationFootballers on the continent ... is Marsh still the Players Union chief or did he swap with Melbourne Dee's CHB who was Cricket Union head , now tell me McLaughlin and Marsh not having sleepless nights (and Danger) Registered User

one characteristic of a heightened intellect is to juggle two putative opposing positions without falling to cognitive dissonance , we can make no apologia for JH but know the circumstances producing the rant

I switched off SEN 12 months back because of wall-to-wall propaganda and knew it was modernmonetarypolicy mediabudgetbuy before new BrettonWoods and debts extinguished yaco55 and Sydney's Yannis Varoufakis enraged

Contra Mundum

the only thing that allowed SEN to be on air was gov't monies these past two years

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Is RSN associated with CrocMedia-SEN-Hutchie ? Open their ad sales books , I think that both Federal and State media-buys would have put over $5million in the coffers of SEN in the last 20 months ... don't for one minute think GaryLyonTimWatson and cast do not know where the money for their salaries originates from ...

so peel back the layers to get true picture of true propaganda at work , cos Morrison and Andrews are a few layers and degrees of separation insulated from AusOPEN hijinks , and they would be quite comfortable with this deflection because when eyes on Novak , allEYESonNOLE because for last 18months the public enemy du jour , we have french literature's ProfReneGirard's perfect explication of scapegoat theory manifested(/pleonasm)

I would a.l.s.o absolve Jack Heverin in this instance- see: how US media explodes on wrongthink commentators like Berenson , Malone , McCullough, Naomi Wolf , Rogan

see: Djokavic , much like Kyrgios but for different reasons , public h8 figure numerous uno , which Andrews and Morrison perfectly content to be shielded by f.o.c.u.s. on Nole , ofcourse there will be blowback , but less than if focus squarely on SpringSt and Canberra with normal programming occurring .

now compare Novak to Geelong skipper Dangerfield doing his PSA , now go to Zero Hedge and look at their compilation of AssociationFootballers on the continent ... is Marsh still the Players Union chief or did he swap with Melbourne Dee's CHB who was Cricket Union head , now tell me McLaughlin and Marsh not having sleepless nights (and Danger) Registered User

one characteristic of a heightened intellect is to juggle two putative opposing positions without falling to cognitive dissonance , we can make no apologia for JH but know the circumstances producing the rant

I switched off SEN 12 months back because of wall-to-wall propaganda and knew it was modernmonetarypolicy mediabudgetbuy before new BrettonWoods and debts extinguished yaco55 and Sydney's Yannis Varoufakis enraged

Contra Mundum

the only thing that allowed SEN to be on air was gov't monies these past two years

SEN is funded by Mrs Jeff Browne*.
See https://www2.asx.com.au/markets/company/seg

*I understand she is no longer with Jeff Browne.

Back