Sportal's Forum Closed Down

Milanista28

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I was on there for awhile but can't recall was Muzza the Admin that just went around flat out abusing people that disagreed with him.
Not sure his status, But he would go on the biggest rants when someone disagreed with him, Abusive and comical at the same time haha.

Best board on Sportal was the Football/Soccer forum, Huge activity when up and about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

catstorm

Club Legend
Dec 9, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Toronto Raptors
The mods on Sportal were not as sensitive as they are here, i certainly had to make adjustments when i joined Big Footy.
What was your user name on sportal, I had some good chats with most cat fans over there maybe I knew you.

JackFlash

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2012
Docklands
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills, Melbourne Stars
What was your user name on sportal, I had some good chats with most cat fans over there maybe I knew you.
Oh you probably didn't like me....although i have mellowed over the years. I was often stumped as to why people take it all so seriously...

Bizzaro

Rookie
Nov 27, 2007
Darwin NT
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey if anyone has heard from Toothless Tiger say gday from me. Well done on the Tigers winning the flag, no doubt you enjoyed it immensely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snookers

Club Legend
May 4, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Muzz, what an absolute campaigner; not to mention the Nth Melb Mod who never experienced puberty.
LCynic? He was a flog.

Back in the old Sportal days there were no GWS Giants, so I used to roll with Sydney Tiger. Posted a lot on the AFL boards and the NRL boards. There was one guy who was a good fella who moved to Melbourne from NZ...I can't remember his usual name but he moved to Balaclava...Anyway he created an Alt called "He's or His Nazi" and he would go around the entire site under that alt and edit post to the correct His or He's...

No one knew it was him until he logged on pissed one night as His and He's and kept posting in his usual nonchalant laid back style. Was piss funny that he was the 'Nazi' and none of us knew.

I see sataris post on this thread...Are you "the" Sataris from Sportal?

Percel

Percel doesn't like microwave meals
Feb 6, 2013
Champtown ACT
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Champtown Campaigners
LCynic? He was a flog.

Back in the old Sportal days there were no GWS Giants, so I used to roll with Sydney Tiger. Posted a lot on the AFL boards and the NRL boards. There was one guy who was a good fella who moved to Melbourne from NZ...I can't remember his usual name but he moved to Balaclava...Anyway he created an Alt called "He's or His Nazi" and he would go around the entire site under that alt and edit post to the correct His or He's...

No one knew it was him until he logged on pissed one night as His and He's and kept posting in his usual nonchalant laid back style. Was piss funny that he was the 'Nazi' and none of us knew.

I see sataris post on this thread...Are you "the" Sataris from Sportal?
Thats the one, LCynic was one of the all time geat flogs!

There was some real charcters on there, lebo, Toothy the richmodn fan, old mate who started that other **** forum, lunatics!

Snookers

Club Legend
May 4, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Thats the one, LCynic was one of the all time geat flogs!

There was some real charcters on there, lebo, Toothy the richmodn fan, old mate who started that other **** forum, lunatics!
Toothy was a cracker. Wonder if it was / is Trout?

Percel

Percel doesn't like microwave meals
Feb 6, 2013
Champtown ACT
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Champtown Campaigners
Toothy was a cracker. Wonder if it was / is Trout?
Yeah not sure, but if he was legit like that in life, he's a special kind of human. Not sure whathappened to the ladies over there, one made it over here and still running the mouth a lot

Snookers

Club Legend
May 4, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Yeah not sure, but if he was legit like that in life, he's a special kind of human. Not sure whathappened to the ladies over there, one made it over here and still running the mouth a lot
There was a female Geelong Cats fan who was battling cancer at a young age, she was nice enough. Can't remember her name though, nor if she has made it here.

catstorm

Club Legend
Dec 9, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Toronto Raptors
There was a female Geelong Cats fan who was battling cancer at a young age, she was nice enough. Can't remember her name though, nor if she has made it here.
Wasn’t little miss happy was it? I do remember she left after some sort of incident.

big_bazza

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2005
Tas
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
sydney swans
Geez hearing this name brings back some memories, was anyone else on here on cokemakeyourmark ? it only lasted a few years and then shut down but it was very popular back in the day. It was the first footy forum i joined back in the day and i was also lucky enough to take out the 'poster of the month' award, scoring a photo of myself on the home page for a month and also a very ****ty, poorly made cokemakeyourmark cap.

Righteo

Purple Campaigner
Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Celtics - The Brew Crew
Geez hearing this name brings back some memories, was anyone else on here on cokemakeyourmark ? it only lasted a few years and then shut down but it was very popular back in the day. It was the first footy forum i joined back in the day and i was also lucky enough to take out the 'poster of the month' award, scoring a photo of myself on the home page for a month and also a very ****ty, poorly made cokemakeyourmark cap.
First footy forum I ever joined too! Around 2004/05 I believe? Was just a wee tacker but I remember getting into hot water with West Coast fans for suggesting Phil Matera had small man syndrome, which ironically enough is exactly how I myself have turned out. good memories.

Top Bottom