Sportal's Forum Closed Down

tigertigertiger

Club Legend
AFL Club
Richmond
Enjoyed sportal for 1 year, think it was 09 or 10

Didn't bother with the forum for years and the site itself went to crap years ago, unfortunately as it was good to regularly read, they shouldn't have messed with it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MisterMarcus

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
The funniest thread ever on Sportal was that Basketball Fantasy thread, where 'strauchanie' and his heavy-handed moderating ended up getting every single other person quitting and joining a rival league.

The 40-odd page thread was always good for a laugh, watching it go from totally cool and chilled into endless infighting and childish dictator crap from strauchnie.

Percel

Percel doesn't like microwave meals
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Champtown Campaigners
kingykingston (sp?), there was another unique cat, what a freak

Hoops

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Vixens
Did anyone here used to post on ABCs Grandstand forum? Probably closed 10 - 12 years ago

nahnah

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was about 14-15 when i used sportal for 1 or two years, they all hated me after they found out my age on the bball forum. A decade later I finally get why they would.

kingykingston (sp?), there was another unique cat, what a freak
he uses this forum I think

edit: Toothlesstiger was an idiot and was hopefully left behind but alas both our teams have won a flag since those days.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Percel

Percel doesn't like microwave meals
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Champtown Campaigners
I was about 14-15 when i used sportal for 1 or two years, they all hated me after they found out my age on the bball forum. A decade later I finally get why they would.

he uses this forum I think
I think i remember you, did you have a dozen comebacks on that site?

Bollox

Show Pony
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
At its peak during the Syd/WCE 2004-06 period when Magoo treated it as his own private sand box.
Plenty were in both forums at same time, or switched back and forth whenever suspended/banned.

Some using the same names still.

Last edited:

Bollox

Show Pony
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
Was always curious who it was that went under the name "King of the Jungle". Bloke spammed the hell out the place with
"The kingdom of the Lions will last for 10000 years" or some **** like that. You could usually pick who it might be, but that one threw everyone.

The Falcon Strike

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
West Coast
At its peak during the Syd/WCE 2004-06 period when Magoo treated it as his own private sand box.
Plenty were in both forums at same time, or switched back and forth whenever suspended/banned.

Some using the same names still.
Wait... wot??

You aren’t Magoo?

MadTigerFan

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Astros, Spurs, 49ers, Liverpool
If anyone remembers ‘ossie’ I still keep contact with him sometimes, tends to randomly sms me when the Pies beat the Eagles. I met him for coffee a couple of times..good guy.
Well well well if it isn't the Pauline Hanson lookalike.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No, I eventually got sick of Sportal and left years ago. I haven't heard from her ('Little Miss Cat', I think she was called??) since.
Little Miss Happy

She had a major fallout with Mary who blamed me for starting it.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why does that not surprise me, LMH seemed like a great chick though.
We had a run in once and I’m pretty sure that that was my fault. The Mary one I wasn’t even online for. I read it later and she then blamed me for.

Top Bottom