Sportsbet 40+ disposals saga

(Log in to remove this ad.)

99 Problems

Team Captain
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
There is some serious cringe going on on that twitter page. They might be able to push hard enough to gain some form of compensation but there is no chance of having the bets paid. Sportsbet would’ve seriously considered things before voiding. For example if their biggest VIP down $10 million places the same bet as a brand new account, they have to void both bets regardless. They either void or pay every bet on the market, there is no picking and choosing.

I suspect this will go the same way as Melbourne cup day last year, and Sportsbet ignore it until it goes away.

Hamingja

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
$9 million / 2,000 = $4,500. That's a pretty big amount. Were they able to multi "40+ disposal - no" for every game or something. What would the odds usually be for that market on an average game.

X_box_X

King of September
Mar 15, 2001
DogLands
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
This will go the same way as a multi I had in 2013.

I got odds between $7 and $8 for the option "Player who wins first set will win match" for all four legs of Tennis matches of a tournament played in Belgium. Odds of $3584. The bet was a winner, but my $10 multi was voided, as were my single bets involving those markets.

I fought and fought to no avail. I pursued avenues by speaking to the CEO of Centrebet, the Prime Minister of Belgium, the President of the ATP and the Dalai Lama, and I still didn't get my $40,000.

rwandandream

Draftee
Sep 23, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sportsbet are flogs, but gonna have to side with them on this one. Clear and obvious error imo.

2015-2019 (Regular Season only)
Zero Players get 40 disposals in a round - 34/102 or $3.00
>0 players get 40 disposals in a round - 68/102 or $1.50

People were getting $150 odds were they not?

Papa Juggs

Hall of Famer
May 10, 2007
South Brisbane
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
This isn't a saga.

This is a whole bunch of punters that all communicated the same error in the odds through social media.

Betting agencies have rules about errors to protect themselves for this exact thing.

They will quite easily be able to prove in a court of law that the actual odds of no player getting 40 touches in a round is much lower than 150/1.

Trucker Tiger

All Australian
Mar 19, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
This isn't a saga.

This is a whole bunch of punters that all communicated the same error in the odds through social media.

Betting agencies have rules about errors to protect themselves for this exact thing.

They will quite easily be able to prove in a court of law that the actual odds of no player getting 40 touches in a round is much lower than 150/1.
Did they offer 150-1?

Trucker Tiger

All Australian
Mar 19, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Fair call.

The screenshots I've seen which I don't want to post here because they're from private Facebook groups show odds of $120.
Were they multis? If so, then Sportsbet is in the poo-poo. If not, they are fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kickazz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
One thing I'll add is that if they do not void the bet before the event then they should at least have to pay out at a market rate.

Jugada

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Were the bets voided before or after the event? Massively dodgy if they were just planning on freerolling punters. You couldn't pretend you weren't aware of a potential $9 million payout

GROTTO

Hall of Famer
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Didnt SB recently void a bet for the Suns to score a 40+ win over the Power at ~$500

That bet was voided before the game. No one complained. I wonder if its because Port won 1-39.

kickazz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Then they have no chance.

Case closed.
I think the only leg you'd have to stand on is if the market price moved a lot in your favour in that time, due to something like weather or a Tom Mitchell type being a late out. Again, you'd only be looking to realistically claim the according shift in price.

To sum up though, yes they are no chance.

pendlebury_10

Team Captain
Apr 10, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Stars
Have Sportsbet been offering the same odds for all nine previous round this season?

Top Bottom