Sportsbet 40+ disposals saga

Remove this Banner Ad

How many times they put it up doesn't matter, they have someone setting the odds who doesn't know what they're doing
This is where we differ then. It's their problem to hire the right people, the agency decided those odds were fair for at least 4 rounds. That deems it to not be 'obvious' to me

On top of this, the odds were available & fluctuated for 4 days the week of the canceled bets.

People rightly bet it but if it was an 'obvious error' they had 4 weeks to rectify it. They had 4 days of bets flowing in to notice it and didn't? They're either really bad at their job which we know isn't true or they sh1t themselves at the risk of their set lines and tried to use the T&C's to hide.

They have Business Analysts, Risk Managers, etc on hand and no one in the entire company saw this? It makes it clear to me that this wasn't an 'obvious error' as if it was, one of these experts would have found it before it got out of control.

Now that doesn't mean they won't close accounts and limit punters but literally no evidence is/was in their favour here. The correct result, in the end, was to pay out & they did

Last edited:
Account limiting will be on a case by case basis. They have already paid out but a decent chance a bunch of these punters donate a chunk back. probably doing it now over the carnival.

Limiting will be for those who have a pattern indicating SB will get none back

Promo ban the most likely route, maybe limiting purely of footy multis

I was genuinely surprised that Sportsbet lost here because it was a much clearer error than the one I lost - albeit mine was through Norfolk Island commission & not NT.

I think that is the main difference there.

Where you have a regional gaming commission who only exists due to licensing fees from bookmakers.

Now defunct.

Edit: The NT Commission ruled on past precedent from other similar cases on 'obvious error' or not.

The continuing to take bets and shorten the odds as money came in during the week probably what hurt them the most. Hard to argue you made a string of obvious errors like that

The continuing to take bets and shorten the odds as money came in during the week probably what hurt them the most. Hard to argue you made a string of obvious errors like that

Especially the ones which were referred to traders and accepted. Hard to argue it was an error with automation in that scenario

Remove this Banner Ad

Back