Sportsman's Night Seance

Lucky Star

Club Legend
Nov 10, 2003
APW
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The highlight of any social calendar is a trip to the local footy club for a night of candid anecdotes, ribald jokes and tall tales as part of a good old-fashioned Sportsman's Night.

But what if the social committee managed to get Madame Blavatsky or Derek Acorah along to raise the spirits of the dead and you could choose to hear from some of the dearly departed legends and colourful characters of our great game?

Who y'all got?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
The highlight of any social calendar is a trip to the local footy club for a night of candid anecdotes, ribald jokes and tall tales as part of a good old-fashioned Sportsman's Night.

But what if the social committee managed to get Madame Blavatsky or Derek Acorah along to raise the spirits of the dead and you could choose to hear from some of the dearly departed legends and colourful characters of our great game?

Who y'all got?
I don't know who Madame Blavatsky or Derek Acorah are really, but if they could pass on a message to Robbie Flower asking him to make himself available for selection round one that would be good thanks.

Feb 25, 2016
KFC
AFL Club
Melbourne

Who y'all got?
I don't understand what any of this means but no thank you.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Who y'all got?

A bullshit artist

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nothing like a good ol seance for having a blast with your mates. We were on an end of season trip doing some drinking and partying when someone suggested we raise the dead. We made contact with a hostile spirit who possessed old mate Bazza, inhabited his body and stole his soul leaving him as a broken shell of a person nothing more than a vegetable, but the fear in his eyes is unrelenting and tells you more than words ever could.

Lol good times

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Stranger-Things-S01E03-gif-I-just-farted.gif

I don't know who Madame Blavatsky or Derek Acorah are really, but if they could pass on a message to Robbie Flower asking him to make himself available for selection round one that would be good thanks.

Dees fans and robbie bloody flower.... still cant have a beer with a gen x dees supporter without him being brought up at some stage, and i thought we were bad with richo! ;)

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Dees fans and robbie bloody flower.... still cant have a beer with a gen x dees supporter without him being brought up at some stage, and i thought we were bad with richo! ;)
we've had a very limited number of true superstars since Barassi - he sort of gets harped on through necessity

we've had a very limited number of true superstars since Barassi - he sort of gets harped on through necessity

He has holy status though

I can joke or rip into any other player, but you even hint at throwing some shade on robbie and the s**t gets real, real quick!

Back