Moved Thread Sportsmate Footy Live

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate the new layout where only 2 games take up the whole page and you have to scroll down and down and down to get to the other games. We do not need to know who is leading and by how much either.

Leave it the way it was. It did not need to be changed.

You’ve also stuffed up the EPL and A League apps in the same way.

1ED652EE-4035-457D-AD68-7A9015B60BDE.png

Footy Live Why am I always getting multiple of the same notification? Is this is a glitch or something that needs to be changed in the notification settings?

This happens often and across all apps in your suite. See attached.

Attachments

• IMG_4731.PNG
    IMG_4731.PNG
    704.8 KB · Views: 49
This is far and away my favourite sporting app in terms of ease of use, presentation and customisation.
The official afl app pales in comparision. However, it is a resource hog (android) and uses far too much cpu and battery even when in the backround a good hour or two after using it.
Please sort this out as this has been an issue for years and years, like I said everything else is pretty much perfect but when one app becomes notorious for constantly draining juice I'm reluctant to use it.
Thanks for the kind words.

I've passed the second part on to our Android developer to look in to, can't make any promises on quick improvements but certainly something we'll look in to and try to work on.

I hate the new layout where only 2 games take up the whole page and you have to scroll down and down and down to get to the other games. We do not need to know who is leading and by how much either.

Leave it the way it was. It did not need to be changed.

You’ve also stuffed up the EPL and A League apps in the same way.

View attachment 480273
Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback, it's all a bit subjective we must say. Can you confirm what sort of phone you're using though?

We have had quite a lot of positive feedback about the change, but that being said we'll pass it on to our designer to take in to consideration about future updates. And in terms of who is leading and by how much, again some people like it as it means they don't need to do maths in their head when they've got a line bet on.

Footy Live Why am I always getting multiple of the same notification? Is this is a glitch or something that needs to be changed in the notification settings?

This happens often and across all apps in your suite. See attached.
Hey, that seems like far too many! Can you confirm which notification channels you've got turned on? Unless there was a glitch with that particular one the only thing I can think of that might make this happen is if you are subscribed to multiple individual club 'team specific' notification channels.

Unfortunately at the moment we can't block duplicate notifications (we are already working on this, no specific time frame to implement though) but the way it works is if you are subscribed to 'top news' this will send a notification, then if you are also subscribed to the GWS Team Specific team news channel and the Sydney Swans and the Bombers and the Blues etc - each of those will also send that particular notification as those clubs are mentioned in that news piece that has a notification attached to it.

As I mentioned, we are working on that issue but for now unfortunately nothing you can do but unsubscribe from the various team channels - if that's what has happened there.

G'day all,

Looking to get some input/feedback from you guys for some potential changes we want to include.

Looking at the line ups/field view of players - is there any information you'd want on there that isn't already? eg. knowing which players have come in to the team that week? pictures of players? our player to watch highlighted somehow?

Do you like the above ideas, is there anything else you'd like us to add to that page to add some extra value?

Thanks in advance!

Great to have a place to give some feedback on one of my favourite sporting apps.

A few things:
  • Can we have the Teams option back along the bottom row of icons please? Currently have to go the the ladder and then find the team there.
  • Need a quick way to search for a player - currently have to go to stats, scroll down to "See all player stats" and then hit search.
  • When doing a head to head comparison for players from the same team, need to have different colours for them in the graphs etc.
  • A table based stats breakdown on the dream team stats page for a player would be great (like on the FanFooty website), rather than the list of stats separated by commas.
  • The margins on the match day page are unnecessary and distracting. These are not difficult subtractions to do in your head ;) !
  • I love the Time Machine feature for player history, but it would be more useful if their DT score was displayed rather than the rating out of 10.
  • Also, having the venue listed in the time machine would be useful.
That was more than I expected but hopefully these are easy things to address!

Cheers!

Great to have a place to give some feedback on one of my favourite sporting apps.

A few things:
  • Can we have the Teams option back along the bottom row of icons please? Currently have to go the the ladder and then find the team there.
  • Need a quick way to search for a player - currently have to go to stats, scroll down to "See all player stats" and then hit search.
  • When doing a head to head comparison for players from the same team, need to have different colours for them in the graphs etc.
  • A table based stats breakdown on the dream team stats page for a player would be great (like on the FanFooty website), rather than the list of stats separated by commas.
  • The margins on the match day page are unnecessary and distracting. These are not difficult subtractions to do in your head ;) !
  • I love the Time Machine feature for player history, but it would be more useful if their DT score was displayed rather than the rating out of 10.
  • Also, having the venue listed in the time machine would be useful.
That was more than I expected but hopefully these are easy things to address!

Cheers!
Hey,

Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated!

A couple of quick responses for ya:
1. The 'Teams' tab is still there, we just renamed it to 'favourites' as you can now also put players in there for quick access.
2. As per above you can now go in to 'favourites' and search for a player in there and quickly pull their stats up.
3,4,6,7 - thanks for these all make sense theoretically, will need to see how easy/difficult they all are to implement for varying reasons.
5 - some people do like this as not everyone is good at subtractions ;-) It's especially good for people who use certain money wagering systems with line odds - makes it quick and easy for them to know how close/far away from the line it is.

Thanks again for all the feedback, if you think of anything more let us know!

Hey,

Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated!

A couple of quick responses for ya:
1. The 'Teams' tab is still there, we just renamed it to 'favourites' as you can now also put players in there for quick access.
2. As per above you can now go in to 'favourites' and search for a player in there and quickly pull their stats up.
3,4,6,7 - thanks for these all make sense theoretically, will need to see how easy/difficult they all are to implement for varying reasons.
5 - some people do like this as not everyone is good at subtractions ;-) It's especially good for people who use certain money wagering systems with line odds - makes it quick and easy for them to know how close/far away from the line it is.

Thanks again for all the feedback, if you think of anything more let us know!

Thanks - I had a feeling some of these things were already there! Will be using the favourites tab a bit from now on ;)

Footy Live, I know they're both African, but...

That's not Changkouth Jiath, it's Tony Olango who was rookie listed by West Coast.

olango.jpeg

CJ looks like this.
JIATH%20Changkuoth.png

Footy Live, I know they're both African, but...

That's not Changkouth Jiath, it's Tony Olango who was rookie listed by West Coast.

View attachment 485075

CJ looks like this.
JIATH%20Changkuoth.png
Our bad! Thanks for picking that up unfortunately just human error there by one of our interns back in February. If you find any other mistakes please do let us know so we can get them changed quickly!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Footy Live

Not sure if anyone has brought this up, the Swans draftees from 2018 don't have their jumper numbers in the app. Also Tom Papley has moved from 41 to 11.

Thanks!
Thanks mate - we'll look in to that as it is meant to come through automatically from Champion Data so obviously some connection issue there we need to solve. Thanks for letting us know.

Hi all,

This was posted on all the individual club boards purely due to the lack of numbers that come through the Fourth Estate board but we got in a little trouble by the powers that be, so thought I would add it here as well.

Firstly - apologies if anyone found it a bit spammy, that wasn't our intention at all, we just wanted to get the message in front of the right people.

We are looking for a fan from each club to help us out a little with our apps.

For those that don’t know us, Footy Live is the #1 rated app for live Footy scores and stats and amongst our users by far the preferred app over the offical one.

You may not know but Sportsmate, the team behind Footy Live, is a TINY company and we have eight different sports apps that we manage which when you add up all the individual teams/players ends up a massive task when it comes to things like player profiles and photo management.

Being the app by fans for fans, we are looking for some extra expert team specific support to make sure we stay number one.

We are looking to find an official team quality assurance reviewer for each AFL club to write player profiles/bios and make sure things like player photos and the almanac section are correct and up to date.

If you are interested please send an email to support[at]sportsmatemobile.com with the subject: "[your team] reviewer" and please include a player profile/bio written of the player of your choosing.

A hot tip, take a look at what our current player profiles are and try follow the same style!

And lastly, if anyone wants to be an official team reviewer for any of our other apps (League Live, Union Live, A-League Live, EPL Live, NBA Live, NFL Live or Cricket Live) please do get in touch the same way as well.

Thanks in advance for anyone that contacts us and wants to help us out!

Hi all,

This was posted on all the individual club boards purely due to the lack of numbers that come through the Fourth Estate board but we got in a little trouble by the powers that be, so thought I would add it here as well.

Firstly - apologies if anyone found it a bit spammy, that wasn't our intention at all, we just wanted to get the message in front of the right people.

We are looking for a fan from each club to help us out a little with our apps.

For those that don’t know us, Footy Live is the #1 rated app for live Footy scores and stats and amongst our users by far the preferred app over the offical one.

You may not know but Sportsmate, the team behind Footy Live, is a TINY company and we have eight different sports apps that we manage which when you add up all the individual teams/players ends up a massive task when it comes to things like player profiles and photo management.

Being the app by fans for fans, we are looking for some extra expert team specific support to make sure we stay number one.

We are looking to find an official team quality assurance reviewer for each AFL club to write player profiles/bios and make sure things like player photos and the almanac section are correct and up to date.

If you are interested please send an email to support[at]sportsmatemobile.com with the subject: "[your team] reviewer" and please include a player profile/bio written of the player of your choosing.

A hot tip, take a look at what our current player profiles are and try follow the same style!

And lastly, if anyone wants to be an official team reviewer for any of our other apps (League Live, Union Live, A-League Live, EPL Live, NBA Live, NFL Live or Cricket Live) please do get in touch the same way as well.

Thanks in advance for anyone that contacts us and wants to help us out!

whats the pay like?

Our bad! Thanks for picking that up unfortunately just human error there by one of our interns back in February. If you find any other mistakes please do let us know so we can get them changed quickly!
PM me about that thread you started on our Board, if you like.

So another one that I thought I'd throw out there, we are currently hiring for an Android developer - so if anyone thinks they have the necessary skills please send us a PM and I will shoot a job description over to you for you to see if it is a good fit.

For those curious, we are Melbourne based.

And Sterge before you ask, yes this is a paid position ;-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back