Mid-season Draft discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not going to derail Lachie's threat talking about others. Does Bramble getting a position rule out the others entirely or could there be further announcements to come?
Doesn't rule it out, but seems unlikely in my view. We may be conservative and keep a spot open to MSD.

Although, we're unusually punctual with this announcement. We usually wait until deadline day (i.e. list lodgements, new numbers)

Would be amazed if we take another player now.

In fact I think it would be almost negligent to fill vancancies now and not wait to see who from the overlooked crop of 2020 come from the clouds in early 2021 on the state leagues.

There could be a young Tim Kelly, Isaac Smith or Flyin Ryan out there just waiting to show his wares.

If we’re to draft a Key forward it needs to be a very good one. Not another rookie that every club has overlooked for whatever reason.
That’s why I don’t want Callow.

We need a bonafide key forward talent, not another speculative one.

If we’re to draft a Key forward it needs to be a very good one. Not another rookie that every club has overlooked for whatever reason.
That’s why I don’t want Callow.

We need a bonafide key forward talent, not another speculative one.

What about a key position player who can play as a key forward and key defender equally well?

What about a key position player who can play as a key forward and key defender equally well?
Austin Lucy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jackson Callow was credited with 17 disposals, 3 goals and 8 marks (7!! contested) for Norwood over the weekend. SANFL YouTube highlight are rubbish (90% players lining up for set shots with no prior play) but that sounds notable.
Geez Callow and Heath would be a good mid season pick up

speaking of that Box Hill game, I like the look of that Hudson Garoni for werribee. Kicked 5, tall athletic forward. might be worth a look in the MSD.

SANFL v WAFL coming up on Saturday. You would think it would be an important game for MSD hopefuls. Pity the VFL don't have one this year.

It's obvious the list needs help across all lines but with Big Boy coming to an end and Ceglar not producing consistently we obviously need some ruckl depth - ex-Sun Brayden Crossley has started the season red-hot for Southport in the VFL. He reminds of of big Mummy with his aggression although more skillful and can go forward. Knock would be prior offences and a little short for a modern day ruckman at "only" 200cm

If we wanted Callow we could have just taken him during SSP

So probably means we don't rate him
We probably needed a midfielder more than another big forward at that stage. We have 3 big forwards and all have played this season.
Would be good to get Bramble back, but he's at least a month away.

It's obvious the list needs help across all lines but with Big Boy coming to an end and Ceglar not producing consistently we obviously need some ruckl depth - ex-Sun Brayden Crossley has started the season red-hot for Southport in the VFL. He reminds of of big Mummy with his aggression although more skillful and can go forward. Knock would be prior offences and a little short for a modern day ruckman at "only" 200cm
I like Crossley. Angry big men in middle make me happy

We probably needed a midfielder more than another big forward at that stage. We have 3 big forwards and all have played this season.
Would be good to get Bramble back, but he's at least a month away.
True, but if we really wanted him, we could have made room and got him as well as Bramble. We just needed to move Sicily to LTI,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back