List Mgmt. SPP

Remove this Banner Ad

Next Gen Rookie

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2017
Hiding in Bacon8's roofspace
AFL Club
Adelaide
Previously-listed AFL players who have spent a season or greater away from an AFL list no longer need to be selected through the draft to find an AFL lifeline.

These players can now sign with a club of their choice during the pre-season supplemental selection period (SPP) between December 1 and March 15.

South Adelaide confirm that Keegan Brooksby will take a spot via this process. (Edit: an AFL spot, not an AFC spot)

Corey Wagner & Mav Weller apparently too, and it's how Shane Mumford will re-join GWS. Zac Clarke to Bombres.

I thought clubs had to have an injury to do this, but a free rookie spot seems a way in too.

Keegan wouldn't be a bad backup selection for us.

Yes, I've used the title to trigger Power fans :)

Last edited:

Sly Paws Pepper ?

I read the K Brooksby article on the South site and thought we may have shown interest - stays in Adelaide very little risk for a back up ruck.

Mmmm...... bacon

560940_8b4aff4ec831e20ff2fad13017b0ab0d.jpg

I don't quite understand. Is it confirmed that a club has committed to him or is he just nominating for the SPP in hopes that someone will pick him up?

It doesn't but don't we have to upgrade the as yet uncontracted Hunter if we want to retain him? Brooksby is eligible to be rookied?

Can't he go into the rookie draft and we grab him from there? I thought that to keep without risk we'd need to upgrade him but we're not precluded from rookieing him if he's nommed in the draft. Vader will know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't he go into the rookie draft and we grab him from there? I thought that to keep without risk we'd need to upgrade him but we're not precluded from rookieing him if he's nommed in the draft. Vader will know.

Yeah, you can rookie him if you cast him into the draft, he lasts until your first rookie pick and then you pick him. Not entirely sure why we would though, would have thought the idea of a ruck in the rookie draft was to bring in an up and coming ruck who we can develop, not a guy who will be 26 when we start training next year

I don't quite understand. Is it confirmed that a club has committed to him or is he just nominating for the SPP in hopes that someone will pick him up?

He'd nominated for the draft, and then withdrew his nomination once someone showed interest (reportedly Eagles). Okay journos are saying it's all happened in the last 24 hours (ie not Rooch/Manure)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back