Spring cleaning

Cleaned out the garage on the weekend and have a few things that someone may be interested in - free.
Live in Victoria, Northern suburbs.
photo 1.JPG
Bar fridge in good working order, some rust on outside.

photo 2.JPG
Binding machine and guillotine (old work tools).

Anyone interested?

I thought you were offering a free spring cleaning service.:)

My windows beckon, but we can never reach far enough to clean the upper level windows. Ladder is too precarious, and a narrow space to set up in. Old terrace house courtyard. Reckon I peer out through years of accumulated dirt and dust. I need to pay one of those guys to abseil down from the roof and do it.:D

I thought you were offering a free spring cleaning service.:)

My windows beckon, but we can never reach far enough to clean the upper level windows. Ladder is too precarious, and a narrow space to set up in. Old terrace house courtyard. Reckon I peer out through years of accumulated dirt and dust. I need to pay one of those guys to abseil down from the roof and do it.:D
No way, whenever I help any friends I end up bringing things home.
Middle name is accumulator.
Ever since I fell off a ladder confidence gone. Check you local paper or maybe one those pressure hoses might do the job.

I used to write training manuals and the machine puts a plastic spine in the document.

That's actually really cool.

The modern ones are very expensive from the look of it. :O

That's actually really cool.

The modern ones are very expensive from the look of it. :O
Yeah the modern ones now powered.
I've had mine for about 15 years, still works and the grandkids have had fun with it putting loose pages of drawings together.

Make me feel old. I remember using them in Primarily School. They make Binders for Books

It's a shame this generation and future ones are never going to grow up with the things the past generations did. And I'm only 20 and saying that!

Things are constantly changing, I only stayed in school until year 10 but observed the abolishment of the chalkboard, the introduction of computers as common learning equipment (I remember back in my old Primary school days, going to the computer room was considered the best thing that could ever happen to you during a school day and they were all old clunkers filled with windows 2000.) - And then suddenly only a few years later every second classroom had a computer!, Then the transition from whiteboard into interactive whiteboard, the phasing out of textbooks in favour of online study, and then just before I left school in 2011 they were starting to phase out pen & paper, everyone was given a laptop. (these days the kids have iPads as young as 12!)

And that's only the stuff I can remember, I'm sure I also saw a lot of other things come and go in my short time in school too. And then your experience would have been different, Maggie's experience would have been even more different.

It's hard to process, I wonder what changes this generation will see. It disappoints me that younger people seem harder to talk to and less interested in social contact face to face these days. That's why I don't mind striking up a conversation with an older person, they're always keen to talk in the real world. Not this instant messaging stuff haha, right now it's going to be difficult for children to learn how to write as we go more and more digital and they don't teach proper penmanship in school, soon kids will not be able to speak at all, we'll just all text message! (May or may not happen, still possible)

Oversaw the abolishment of the "pen license" too. - always hated that concept because I was completely sucky at handwriting when I was younger and could never get a "pen license" to be able to use a pen instead of greylead while most of the class ended up getting theirs (this was around grade 3 if I can remember)

And then people stopped giving a s**t and realized it was a shitty concept because it made children like me feel excluded, probably the only time where I feel like political correctness won out here!

Oversaw the abolishment of the "pen license" too. - always hated that concept because I was completely sucky at handwriting when I was younger and could never get a "pen license" to be able to use a pen instead of greylead while most of the class ended up getting theirs (this was around grade 3 if I can remember)

And then people stopped giving a s**t and realized it was a shitty concept because it made children like me feel excluded, probably the only time where I feel like political correctness won out here!
I thought the pen licence was really silly, especially when as you said kids use computers or IPads and do little writing.
My grand-daughter had to have an iPad in year 5 and her spelling and writing deteriorated. Her mum and other parents complained and they are using it less now.

I thought the pen licence was really silly, especially when as you said kids use computers or IPads and do little writing.
My grand-daughter had to have an iPad in year 5 and her spelling and writing deteriorated. Her mum and other parents complained and they are using it less now.

I'm glad to hear they took the advice on board, these days kids are given expensive technology right into the palm of their hand before they can even learn their times tables!
I hope they tone down all this over-technologization of things. It makes us less human. I doubt it'll happen though.

Do they still have the pen license at some schools? I remember spending hours worrying about not being able to get it and I was crushed when I did the best writing I had ever done for a task to get my pen license and the teacher told me it wasn't good enough.
Ahh those were the days, worrying about silly stuff like that and not adult bullshit makes me miss school a tiny bit. (not too much!)

We had Pen and Also Joining License at Primary School. Never got the Joining one but did get the Pen one. The last in the Class.

Had/Got Terrible Hand Writing

We had Pen and Also Joining License at Primary School. Never got the Joining one but did get the Pen one. The last in the Class.

Had/Got Terrible Hand Writing

Most of us people with Aspergers do, so don't worry about it. It's nothing to do with your skill on a personal level, it's just how we perceive things and control our movements.

Problem is, they didn't take stuff like that into equation when having such stupid things like a "pen license"

It wasn't because I didn't want to try hard enough or because I was stupid, but it's because it was Incredibly difficult for a young person like I was at the time to process the limitation that I (and you) were given.

We have a better understanding of mental illness and disability as a society now, that's why people don't get objectified nearly as much as they used to. (Although it still happens sometimes but has gotten a lot better)
Most people these days realize that if something isn't happening when all the effort is put in to make it happen, especially with a child, then it may just not be possible at that moment in time.

I swear I was made to feel like s**t when I wasn't able to use a pen, the Aspergers didn't help with my anxiety around it as you do know first hand.

It's a shame this generation and future ones are never going to grow up with the things the past generations did. And I'm only 20 and saying that!

Things are constantly changing, I only stayed in school until year 10 but observed the abolishment of the chalkboard, the introduction of computers as common learning equipment (I remember back in my old Primary school days, going to the computer room was considered the best thing that could ever happen to you during a school day and they were all old clunkers filled with windows 2000.) - And then suddenly only a few years later every second classroom had a computer!, Then the transition from whiteboard into interactive whiteboard, the phasing out of textbooks in favour of online study, and then just before I left school in 2011 they were starting to phase out pen & paper, everyone was given a laptop. (these days the kids have iPads as young as 12!)

And that's only the stuff I can remember, I'm sure I also saw a lot of other things come and go in my short time in school too. And then your experience would have been different, Maggie's experience would have been even more different.

It's hard to process, I wonder what changes this generation will see. It disappoints me that younger people seem harder to talk to and less interested in social contact face to face these days. That's why I don't mind striking up a conversation with an older person, they're always keen to talk in the real world. Not this instant messaging stuff haha, right now it's going to be difficult for children to learn how to write as we go more and more digital and they don't teach proper penmanship in school, soon kids will not be able to speak at all, we'll just all text message! (May or may not happen, still possible)

I remember 1st hearing about the World Wide Web in Grade 5(1996)

I got a Laptop for School for School in Grade 6 but did not use it much in High School

I remember 1st hearing about the World Wide Web in Grade 5(1996)

I got a Laptop for School for School in Grade 6 but did not use it much in High School

Gotta love 1996.
The year I was born & also the year that Dave learned about the thing he would soon fall in love with. (Second to Collingwood of course)

Many eventful things happened in 1996 but I think those might just go down as the two most important things haha! Pretty weird how you were in school when I was born!

Back