Spring Futures 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

come on oliver

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pumped for Winx’s return and some upcoming big races.
Be interested to hear your thoughts on horses to follow heading into Spring.

Ladbrokes have a spring stars market up - To win a Group 1 this spring.

Winx $1.10
Kementari $3.20
Vega Magic $3.25
Nature Strip $4
The Autumn sun $4
Grunt $4.20
Miss Fubulass $4.20
Avilius $5
Trapeze Artist $5
Redzel $5.50
D ‘Argento $6
Happy Clapper $6
Kings will Dream $6
Multaja $6
Oohood $6
Humidor $6.50
Osbourne Bulls $7
Pierata $7
Brave Smash $8
Brutal $8
Performer $8
Egg Tart $8
Santa Ana Lane $8
Lanciato $10
Unforgotten $10
Written By $10
Youngstar $10
Ace High $10
Hiyaam $10
US Army Flag $10
Anjana $12
Comin’ Through $12
Paret $12
Seabrook $12
Zousain $12
Encryption $14
Boom Time $15
Home of the Brave $16
Irukandji $16
Tchaikovsky $16
Rainer $21
Siege of Quebec $21
Tom Melbourne $26
Golden script $31
Thrillster $31
Big Duke $34
Neutrality $41
Rillito $51
Trekking $51
Bring me roses $101
Odeon $101
Invictus Prince $101

Who should we keep an eye out for.
Don’t necessarily have to win a group 1 - Even up and comers you think are in for a big prep.

Cheers

Last edited:
Pumped for Winx’s return and some upcoming big races.
Be interested to hear your thoughts on horses to follow heading into Spring.

Ladbrokes have a spring stars market up - To win a Group 1 this spring.

Kementari $3.20
Vega Magic $3.25
Nature Strip $4
The Autumn sun $4
Grunt $4.20
Miss Fubulass $4.20
Trapeze Artist $5
D ‘Argento $6
Happy Clapper $6
Kings will Dream $6
Multaja $6
Oohood $6
Brutal $8
Performer $8
Egg Tart $8
Lanciato $10
Unforgotten $10
Written By $10
Youngstar $10
Paret $12
Tom Melbourne $26
Big Duke $34
Thrillster $51
Invictus Prince $101

Who should we keep an eye out for.
Don’t necessarily have to win a group 1 - Even up and comers you think are in for a big prep.

Cheers
i dont usually go for futures because the only time i do they never make it to the post or drop dead (RIP Admire Rakti) but i like this idea. You just need to study the schedule for the spring.
Vega Magic at $3.25 given its in the Hayes stable and will run in everything looks a good bet. just beware the Everest is not a group 1

Marcel From Madrid apparently training the house down for the Caulfield Guineas

Happy Clapper/D'Argento look attractive on the list above - they should be half the price of Kementari rather than double

i dont usually go for futures because the only time i do they never make it to the post or drop dead (RIP Admire Rakti) but i like this idea. You just need to study the schedule for the spring.
Vega Magic at $3.25 given its in the Hayes stable and will run in everything looks a good bet. just beware the Everest is not a group 1

$3.25 is about right to win the memsie next start soooo...

they have now added Winx to the list.

Is it possible for some bookie to organise a book for NZ's Kelt Capital Stakes, that would be appreciated.

Thanks fellas.
Prices updated.
Not on the list but keen to see how Viddora bounces back this spring.

Viddora is cactus. most horses can only string 1-2 seasons together ie what we're seeing with Catzel, won a very poorly rating G1. time to go to stud.

Yes i do realise an Everest "Contender" got beat by 3 that day, but rated 110 she's going to get rolled in any handicap so its basically a weak Moir or bust. surely we can all agree, Nature Strip would be something to beat in that if he heads that way.

Was disappointing last prep. Looks like heading to the Moir. Amazing they were talking about the Everest last prep.

Haven’t seen race but how did you rate Miss Fabulass. Fair bit of hype around.

Was disappointing last prep. Looks like heading to the Moir. Amazing they were talking about the Everest last prep.

Haven’t seen race but how did you rate Miss Fabulass. Fair bit of hype around.

i only watch Vic/NSW racing no bets or form but 3yo maidens at this time of year are generally quite strong.

3 horse race, has run slower time than a last start Warren winner, although have heard he rated well at Warren. looks to have breeding hype i'd ignore it until i saw something more. we should be seeing good horses start every day now. great time of year to watch maidens.

strictly speaking the godolphin colt has probably rated the same as the hype winner and also the same the LST Warren winner. just eyeballing times/weights

Re: Viddora - how many G1 sprints are there actually in the Spring?

Is there still a crappy night G1 at MV? If so I think Viddora probably still going well enough to win that. Not going to be winning at Flemington though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Viddora - how many G1 sprints are there actually in the Spring?

Is there still a crappy night G1 at MV? If so I think Viddora probably still going well enough to win that. Not going to be winning at Flemington though

Manikato Stakes?

Multaja - I think it should win the 1000 Guineas with its breeding, but they may keep it to sprints ?

Unforgotten - big fan but star fillies rarely then come out and win cups. Hopefully it's another Jameka.

Smart Melody - flying Sydney filly.

Brutal - highly impressive

Osborne Bulls - should win a decent handicap

Lastly I'm a big fan of Grunt, and hope it breaks the nation's heart on Cox Plate day.

Lastly I'm a big fan of Grunt, and hope it breaks the nation's heart on Cox Plate day.

Like on Saturday - wouldn't beat Winx in a Cox Plate if it started tonight though.

Grunt going like a busted. Needs to lift this week.

Unforgotten is class. I'm shocked as to how well it's going.

Brutal I think should be aimed at the Coolmore.

Multaja I have a feeling will either be kept to sprints too or tipped out. I'm on for the Thousand Guineas though.

Ossie Bulls has one win on the board and hopefully they get it up for a decent handicap.

Smart Melody will come out and do something big first up I think, and be the real deal.

The other one I'm really keen to follow in mares races is Bella Martini. Gun.

Grunt wins
Brutal wins
Smart Melody wins

Multaja is cooked off to the paddock

Barrier beat Bella Martini. Get ****ed ...$9

Unforgotten scratched not sure what's up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back