Running/Fitness Sprint training

Remove this Banner Ad

kaitigers

Rookie
Mar 31, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I played bendigo pioneers last year but was cut because I wasn't quick enough I play full forward and need that burst of speed I currently run a 25m sprint in 4.54 seconds any ideas on how to get quicker?

what sort of shape are you in right now?

i'm thinking just sprint 2 - 3/week over 10 - 40m will do the trick...i'm actually doing a trial run for a sprint program i've put together if you wanna test it for me...email me at aussierulestraining@gmail.com
I'm 14 and fairly fit I run a 10.5-11 beep test yeah that would be good id love to give it a go

I'm 14 and fairly fit I run a 10.5-11 beep test yeah that would be good id love to give it a go

Id say you need to improve your beep test, at your age and trying to play at u15/16 level you should be in the 12.5 - 13 range for a forward. Also getting fitter will help you with your ability to maintain your speed/repeat efforts.

Yeah mate I'm definitely keen to give it a go! Anything that you think will help me improve! If really like to improve my explosiveness, say that first 5-10m to just be able to burst away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back