Spud Returns | Academy coach

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the players who was there at the Roosistence gig. Happy to have a chat. Legend of the club, in my books.

Played all over the ground, including as a tagger, and an undersized full-back.

I remember him kicking a set shot goal from 50 one day, how many players on our list can do that today?

So basically he didn't like Brad? haha

This is how it read to me as well. But we might be reading too much into it, surely.

Last edited:
Oh wow mate, come on.

What's more likely - Spud Firrito has been pushed into saying this, lying to the cameras.

I reckon he was asked a leading question from one of the "shinboner stands for social diversity" parasites to obtain a quote for media exposure.

I reckon he was asked a leading question from one of the "shinboner stands for social diversity" parasites to obtain a quote for media exposure.

Possible, I wasn't there so can't say either way.

Merits of women's AFL aside, it did read a little overemphasised.

That said, he's clearly been told to place emphasis on both genders coming through the academy so is honouring his brief.

Just went back and had a reminisce about the second half of that match.

LT was huge.

I hate that LT has a reputation of being a s**t player, because he was actually very, very good in his prime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my favourite players of all time. He’d do anything for the club, and on field he’d take no bullshit from anyone. Always the first to stand up for teammates, loved a bit of niggle and was a great decision maker also. Great kick, great tackler. Incredibly pleased to see him back, and think he’ll teach our young players some great lessons.

One of my favourite players of all time. He’d do anything for the club, and on field he’d take no bullshit from anyone. Always the first to stand up for teammates, loved a bit of niggle and was a great decision maker also. Great kick, great tackler. Incredibly pleased to see him back, and think he’ll teach our young players some great lessons.

On the podcast Ziebell (hardly a puppy dog himself) said they all thew their weight around more when Firrito was there knowing he could always fix any messes with opposition players they created.

Now I'm upset on that not the others (Yes I have favourites)

I love Spud. True Shinboner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back