Competition SpudQoach™ S27 - Congratulations Wooshette!

Remove this Banner Ad

HMXMUEe.png

Last edited:
11. JoshWoodenSpoon - 1059.30

Like Atlas, a titan condemned to holding up the heavens, so too JWS is bearing the full weight of the entire SpudQoach™ competition. Selflessly holding aloft all 10 other Qoaches on the ladder at the mid-point of the season. With a competition equalling 4 players missing games throughout the first half of Season 27, what looks like a great squad on paper has not turned out so competitive in practice.

10. Barrybran - 1022.5
Much like his former Bears skipper, Barrybran assembled what appeared to be a competitive SpudQoachunit to kick off the competition. However, he too has had 4 players from that side miss games in S27, impacting his overall score despite some great selections across the park. A shrewd captain selection sees him with breathing space from the woodenspoon, however he may have cause for concern with former Bears teammates Tommycash and xenxen capable of increasing their output in the 2nd half of the season.

9. Test Tickle - 849.6

Rounding out a Bears trifecta at the bottom of the SpudQoach™ ladder at the halfway mark, Testies has a comfortable break on the bottom two placegetters, however a recently delisted CM9000 will certainly see his score balloon in the 2nd half of the competition, which could spell disaster for the aggot. A respectable 2 players missing games from the side, and a strong captain selection should lessen some of the damage, however another hidden danger could be the back 9 form of Hawks skipper Agent93, an All-SFA selection in S26.

Last edited:
8. The Half Back - 848.5
The firebrand Hawks big man comes in at 8th on the mid-season SpudQoach™ ladder, with a squad consisting solely of Vic Country teammates from his stint as Vice Captain of the Counts in the off-season SoO carnival. One of only 3 Qoaches to have his full list play every game to date in S27, Halfy has been burnt by the impressive ruck duo of manangatang and Tigerturbulance, along with the enigmatic Royals midfielder brahj in a key defence post in the side. Arguably the most active side in the competition, it's unlikely we'll see any of Halfy's selections miss games in S27, shoring up a likely mid table finish.

Last edited:
11. JoshWoodenSpoon - 1059.30

Like Atlas, a titan condemned to holding up the heavens, so too JWS is bearing the full weight of the entire SpudQoach™ competition. Selflessly holding aloft all 10 other Qoaches on the ladder at the mid-point of the season. With a competition equalling 4 players missing games throughout the first half of Season 27, what looks like a great squad on paper has not turned out so competitive in practice.
And so it is, that my SpudQoach Team our performs my SuperQoach Team.

7. The Jesus - 848.1

The Hawks vice skipper comes in just ahead of his teammate The Half Back, with just 0.4 separating the two on the SpudQoach™ ladder at the halfway point. With a solitary player from his squad missing games so far in S27, The Jesus is well placed for a 2nd coming at the back end of competition. A cheeky captain selection appears to be paying dividends at the mid way mark, but the scoring power of rucks Halfy and the Wonders' U2tigers could be some cause for concern.

6. TJASTA - 810.9

The enigmatic first year Furies skipper only has a single player in his squad who has missed games in S27, problem is it's his captain. Two of the strongest ruckmen in the comp in sportsmaniac89 and manangatang have hurt, while a midfield consisting of former teammates _Cayz_ , NaturalDisaster and JackNah_8 is good for the lulz, but those selections hurt when all are compiling strong seasons at their new clubs. Sits at 6th on the SpudQoach™ ladder but with his skipper basically inactive, TJ looks like sliding as the season progresses.

5. Cadaver - 717.2

A very cleverly composed squad from the Las Vegas Bears media magnate looked the goods early on in the season, seeing Cadaver's highly researched understanding of the competition coming to the fore, with some inspired selections across his side. However, an unexpected mid season delisting of Hawks veteran Papa Juggs, coupled with the Royals dropping Smartys Power due to the equally unexpected early season McEvoy acquisition, saw dav with 2 players from the squad missing games in the first half of the season. Luckily for him, Papa Juggs has since been picked up at Coney Island, limiting some of the damage, and this should see him remain in striking distance for the 2nd half of the season.

4. zackah - 696.7

The affable Coney Island Warrior sits entrenched in the SpudQoach™ top 4 at the half way mark of Season 27, after compiling an equally impressive squad of spuds from across the competition. With only the single player missing games in S27 so far, this sees him sitting comfortably at the pointy end of the competition. An inspired selection of Warriors teammate Packedlunch as captain has paid off handsomely, while other risky selections have proved fruitful so far in Season 27.

3. U2tigers - 671.3

A surprise packet, the West Coast Wonders ruckman comes in at #3 on the SpudQoach™ ladder at the halfway mark of the season, with a squad consisting solely of Baghdad Bombers! One of only 3 Qoaches to have their full list play every game to the completion of Round 8. What began as a joke has unfolded very nicely for the Wonders frontman, even after having himself installed at 2nd ruck due to no eligible Bombers players for the position. The
under-performing Baghdad outfit have done their Qoach proud, and Bono sits perfectly placed for an assault on top place in the 2nd half of Season 27.

3. U2tigers - 671.3

A surprise packet, the West Coast Wonders ruckman comes in at #3 on the SpudQoach™ ladder at the halfway mark of the season, with a squad consisting solely of Baghdad Bombers! One of only 3 Qoaches to have their full list play every game to the completion of Round 8. What began as a joke has unfolded very nicely for the Wonders frontman, even after having himself installed at 2nd ruck due to no eligible Bombers players for the position. The
under-performing Baghdad outfit have done their Qoach proud, and Bono sits perfectly placed for an assault on top place in the 2nd half of Season 27.
I knew the bombers were full of spuds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DID YOU KNOW?

• Max number of players to miss games from a single SpudQoach™ team is 4. 2 Qoaches share the record (Barrybran & JoshWoodenSpoon)

• The highest individual average score by any SpudQoach™ player so far this season is 178.5 (burningdwarf - 1 game played in S27)

• The highest individual SpudQoachscore for a captain in Season 27 is 127 by mistylake (Team JoshWoodenSpoon, the lowest individual SpudQoach™ score for a captain is 19.6 by Headless (Team Cadaver)

• The lowest average SpudQoach™ score by any individual player to play all 8 games to the halfway mark of the season, is 17.1 by grumbleguts of the Gold City Royals (Selected by Barrybran)

• 3 players (sportsmaniac89, mistylake & Pie 4 Life) were tied for the equal most selections in SpudQoach™ teams this season, with each player selected in 4 separate teams.

Last edited:
The lowest average SpudQoach™ score by any individual player to play all 8 games to the halfway mark of the season, is 17.1 by @grumbleguts of the Gold City Royals (Selected by @Barrybran)
That's because I've taken a hit for the team and play in the statistical grave yard that is the forward pocket. Last year I was rackin' up the stats like I was a homophobic bald guy giving off 1,2,3 handballs to pack the stat sheet.

2. TheInjuryFactory - 618.8

Yours truly comes in at 2nd place on the SpudQoach™ ladder at the halfway mark of the season, after carefully crafting a squad
of some of the finest spuds across the competition. Perhaps comes as no surprise given I was coming off a longer run up than most, and was easily the most enthusiastic about the concept and took it maybe a little too seriously? Anyway, poor effort by me not to rig my own competition properly and perch myself on top but it only gives me room for improvement in Season 28. A pre-deadline review of my squad saw me pick up mistylake in place of the retiring chefmeister, a move that cost me first place with them currently averaging 127 points as my emergency at the mid point of the season. I still sit within striking distance of top position so pretty well placed to take out my own competition yet. :thumbsu:

1. Wooshette - 602.3

Yes, currently sitting in first place for the Season 27 SpudQoach™ competition is the Coney Island Warriors skipper and first lady of the Sweet FA, Wooshette! Joining Warriors teammates TIF and zackah in the top 4, Woosh sits perched comfortably atop the competition at the mid way mark of Season 27. With a veritable market garden of prized spuds in her squad, she does not have a single player averaging over 83 points, while her emergency sataris (22.1 points), and skipper croweater 41 (24.6 points) were inspired selections. Only akkaps of the Baghdad Bombers has missed games for her side in S27, however having since regained selection, it is hard to see Woosh giving up pole position from here.

Congrats Wooshette and good luck to all Qoaches for the second half of Season 27!

Collusion? Nah
How can we collude? None of us are simmers or know how these potatoes are going to score each week.
It’s a shame more people didn’t play really, great thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back