Toast Spud's Game - Time2Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints Launch Spud's Game for Mental Health

SpudsGame-Article-H.jpg

St Kilda Football Club is proud to launch Spud’s Game: Time 2 Talk, a ground-breaking new initiative designed to tackle mental health issues within the community.

The Saints will hold a tribute match in Round 2 in Danny's honour, to raise money and awareness for mental health.
A series of talks with Spud's friends and family will be released to discuss their time with the great man and how he impacted their lives, on-field and off it.

Sounds like a great initiative and something to get behind and support for a very important cause.

I'm so proud of our club. Such an important cause and a lovely memorial to Spud.

It's so important to talk about this, as uncomfortable as it can be.

I'm sure we will pack the place out for the great man.

Well said. Huge shame that James will be unavailable to play on the day.

You can donate to the fundraiser here;

Also there's merch you can pre-order here;

Great work from the club. No doubt we would have seen this last season if crowds were allowed. I'd really hope we sell this out, hopefully full of Saints (Dee's fans don't do Docklands!)

Would love to see this stretched to a "Mental Health Awareness" round, doesn't have to be directly linked to Spud but if the AFL world wants to throw its support behind community issues, this is as big as any.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a great initiative from the club and Spud's family.

I'm really disappointed I won't be there (a long re-scheduled and delayed fellas' trip away) but will use the time to encourage my group of mates to heed Spud's advice. A camp fire, a few bottles of red, a welcoming ear & a good chat.

Just what blokes need from each other.

awesome initiative. i really feel for his family and friends, especially his daughters. i know it must be really hard for his daughters. for us it can go away and we are only reminded of it when something sparks our memory, like these events, but for his daughters it must be a daily occurrence.

Hope they upload the full presser

It's funny how distinctly that jumper reminds me of Danny Frawley.

Don't know why but even before the recent tragic events, everytime I saw that jumper I immediately thought of Danny.

I love that jumper and if could spare 250 clams, and could sneak it past my partner, it'd be a no brainer.

Full presser, great stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back