Spurs will win something this season. All aboard the Angewagon.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Bloody alarming for the rest of the league then. No club has a better defensive record so what's that say about the rest if there are questions on ours?
Thinking more about say Aurier at RB and how we scored a few at set pieces against you. Although as I said, post our match, you've been a lot better. But now with Alderweireld injured, one of Sanchez, Tanganga or Rodon comes in now so that'll changes things up a bit.

I will say that Hojberg has been exactly what you've needed in front of that back 4 though. Not often you say a transfer has worked out for both parties, but Hojberg for Walker Peters has been a win-win for both clubs really.

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Its happening.

Great, settled defence. Mous necessity.

Hojbjerg was/will be arguably the signing of the season, he was the missing link in the mid they needed. He makes it all tick.

Arguably the best front 3 in the world. What more to say.

Liverpool being decimated with injury have brought them back to the pack and the league is there for the taking.

They are in the best possible hands in José, he is doing something special this season.

Said with such confidence. Spurs are perennial bottlers. Title is Liverpool's to lose.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mate, if we didn't win it in 2016/17 with 86 points, the most goals scored in the league, the fewest conceded, the fewest losses, and while going undefeated at home all season then we're never going to win it. Pencil us in for 2nd.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Is Franks inexperience whats stopping you from rating us ?
Not really, I think Frank is doing a great job I just think you're maybe a year away from challenging. This squad needs more time together to gel and to get used to eachother so it's second nature to know where everyone is etc. I think next season you will be knee deep in it.

Although next season we will have VVD back :p

I think the CL spots are absolute locks. Liverpool, City, Spurs and Chelsea.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Brighton
Liverpool
West Brom
Palace
Southampton
Man United
Burnley
Sheffield United
Newcastle
Tottenham
Leeds United

I hadnt noticed that, that is a pretty soft draw for Chelsea so far and each time they have been tested against a good side, Southampton, Spurs and United, they havent won the game. And the other top side was us which they lost so jury is still out for Chelsea.

Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
On board. Mourinho seems to have that ‘magic’ back about him this season. Early days still, but Tottenham looking good.

I'm wondering if it is a case of Mourinho having that 'magic' back about him, as you say. Or whether it's just that the Tottenham players are more receptive to it?

Tottenham have been the runner up and the under dog for so long that I think it's as simple as their players recognising that Mourinho is a winner and that if they follow him, he might be able to break that cycle of disappointment. I feel like at a "smaller" club Jose is really benefiting from not having to manage the massive ego's that he's had to content with at the likes of United, Chelsea & Madrid in recent years.

Solska

Debutant
Nov 22, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Think Liverpool deny them (they’re just too good), although I wouldn’t mind seeing Spurs win it. I want to hate Spurs, but I don’t. Still have a soft spot for Jose as well.

Back