Square go then! Who would win in a dust up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Duck alone would do Millane.

He had to two out Rock in a blue.
Millane was tough and a stand over man. Him and his old man beat up over 8 guys at a pub in the 80s.

It would be a ripper fight. :D

Tbf, Arch only did that because it was Carey’s favourite go to move for taking the piss out of an opponent. He’d always run along with the defender and and when they were mouthey, Carey would turn as if about to throw one and they always flinched, then Carey would take the piss out of him (I think it’s part of the reason oppo supporters hated him). Reckon Arch just game him a bit of his own medicine.

You reckon.

That's ******* anger on Archers face; not s**t and giggles.

Millane was tough and a stand over man. Him and his old man beat up over 8 guys at a pub in the 80s.

It would be a ripper fight. :D

Please. Any couple of fit blokes could do that.

Banks AND Millane two outed Anthony Rock.

If that's tough, i'm Mike Tyson.

Carey literally grew up fighting. He’s probably been in more fights then he can remember. There’s no substitute for that. Arch is as brave as they come and no doubt he’s been in his fair share of scraps but if he had of hit Carey he’d want to make sure he knocked him out.

Who would be his best match up from the 70s?

Now where talking blokes that could blue. Kekovich, Briedis, Dench, Baker and Glendinning could all hold them up.

I'd take Kekovich on brute force. He singlehandedly destroyed Carlton back in 1973(?).

Nothing would hold a candle to the 1940/50's shinboners though. Kelly and Jarrard would do them all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who is taking on Jimmy Krakouer?

Caveat. They have to hit Phil first or say something about him.

Jimmy has actually never trained as a boxer. Could hold them up well though.

This week, I was given a guided tour of North Melbourne — the suburb — by Laurie (Dwyer) and former club secretary Ron Joseph. Some years ago, when I investigated the Bloodbath grand final of 1945, the most violent in the history of the game, a number of the players said the tough team of the day wasn't even playing. That was North Melbourne. I ask Laurie if that's true. "Oh, yes," he says. One of the names he and Ron then discuss is Pat Kelly. Kelly beat an Australian boxing champion. The fight was not in the ring. It was in a backstreet. Kelly led the North defence.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnew...burb-and-a-club/2009/03/27/1237657151103.html

Jimmy has actually never trained as a boxer. Could hold them up well though.

No, but he was a country blackfella in WA and did two stints in jail before he was 18. And he did all right iirc. Most aboriginal communities are violent places. If him and his brother grew up on a mission they would have had a life a bit like Wayne Carey's - punching on with drunk adults since they hit their teens or younger. Quite possibly would have happened anyway in a country town in the 70s.

I have a mate whose kid danced at the Sydney Olympics in either the opening or closing ceremony. Maybe both. Many years ago he told me that when he learned to dance part of the training was combat training/martial arts. That many of the dance moves have strikes, kicks and grappling moves hidden in them. This was specific to his family. He learned off an old relo who had learned off an old relo etc etc for thousands of years. There wasn't any indigenous dancing code or anything that people from different mobs followed. Its like family martial arts styles in pre 20th century China if anything. My mate grew up on the same mission as Tony Mundine and some of the stories he told me about growing up there are pretty ****ed up. And even these days its pretty out of control at times.

Goldy vs Maj......

Napoleon-Dynamite-slaps-kip-and-runs-GIF.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back